Greeneville/Science Hill

greenefan

The atmosphere was great! Wiggins and Wattad were fun to watch. Not to rag on Wattad but it seems he waits until the end of the game to shine. What's the deal? Of course, I have only seen him play against G'ville 2X. He did show a lot of class at the end of the game by embracing Wiggins. They should be fun to watch together on the Travelers or so the rumor goes.

to your comment about late game playing only...he had 25..don't critique a player when you have seen him play twice. no doubt the most talented player in east TN. Wiggins is good but look at the others he has to work with..they will be a joy to watch next year as each player will get proggressivley better with the pressures of playing at the D-1 school that they each may choose. both have not signed this means they will be playing to get signed, wow what a match-up next year.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great games at greenville tonight. The Hill vs Greenville game was a great game to watch..both teams going at it all night....good luck to DB and Greenville as they both move on to Substate....What i also liked about both games was that all 4 teams had a chance to win the game late....great atmosphere in Greenville....

its GreenEville

Wattads shots just were not falling early. Wiggins could not touch him the entire 2nd half. Wattad was burning him like it was nothing. Wiggins is great but he is too slow for Wattad. I think Wiggins length and athleticism helps him in High School Bball. In college you cant just lob it up to him and score. He has to create and that is something he cant do. This summer should be fun if they play together. Wiggins will get quicker and everything will be great for them 2. Both are D1 players. BUT i just want to say to all of yall who were saying Wattad has a whole team to work with. Look when the game is on the line. He had 25 and the next scorer was 7 points. He had 4 assists out of the other 7 baskets that were made. Cant wait until next year Toppers.

Wiggins definitely had 25 points also, with Wattad gaurding him and also Wattad banked in two threes i guess that counts as domination?? Anyways all that matters is GREENEVILLE: 2 AND A SUB-STATE BERTH, SCIENCE HILL: 0 AND AT THE HOUSE!!!

to your comment about late game playing only...he had 25..don't critique a player when you have seen him play twice. no doubt the most talented player in east TN. Wiggins is good but look at the others he has to work with..they will be a joy to watch next year as each player will get proggressivley better with the pressures of playing at the D-1 school that they each may choose. both have not signed this means they will be playing to get signed, wow what a match-up next year.

You mean Wiggins is the most talented player in East Tennessee. . .

You mean Wiggins is the most talented player in East Tennessee. . .

Wiggins has a sweet stroke from outside. And at this level great post work and ability to finish inside. He needs to develop a mid-ranged game, and an ability to create shots off the dribble, because he won't be that tall at the college level( he'll be playing the three, so the post game is not as important as a mid-range game)

Wattad has a sweet stroke from the outside. And AT THIS LEVEL great post work, and ability to finish inside. But he adds a solid mid-ranged game, and a very good ability to create his own shot off the dribble as well as create for others.

What Wiggins has that Wattad doesn't is pure size and length. IF he gains weight, and improves those afformentioned areas he has a higher upside potential, but if I had to pick right now I'd choose Wattad because he is more ready at this time.

I'll agree that wattad is a great player.. Personally i think wiggins is better though. Their ball handling skills are about the same and they can both shoot the 3. The thing that gives wiggins the advantage is his size. I know most people say they are about the same but if you look wiggins is atleast two inches taller and has alot longer arms. That really helps on the defensive end. Thats what makes wiggins an all around better player than wattad. By the way hill...... CLEAN SWEEP. Greeneville 2 Hill 0. Have fun sittin at home the rest of the year.

Wattads shots just were not falling early. Wiggins could not touch him the entire 2nd half. Wattad was burning him like it was nothing. Wiggins is great but he is too slow for Wattad. I think Wiggins length and athleticism helps him in High School Bball. In college you cant just lob it up to him and score. He has to create and that is something he cant do. This summer should be fun if they play together. Wiggins will get quicker and everything will be great for them 2. Both are D1 players. BUT i just want to say to all of yall who were saying Wattad has a whole team to work with. Look when the game is on the line. He had 25 and the next scorer was 7 points. He had 4 assists out of the other 7 baskets that were made. Cant wait until next year Toppers.