Powell 76 vs Oak Ridge 59

PowellFan

Powell[/url'>Fan' post='825972789' date='Mar 3 2006 - 11:23 PM']

I wont be suprised if Lee is playing monday, number 50 for bearden threw a punch in his back on a rebound right in front the ref and it wasnt called.

Does it not seem as though everyone is wanting a cheap shot at Lee Smith? Is it any wonder why he acts like he does. These people who are jealous of this young man should really get over it and stop ridiculing him. I'd say it's pretty hard for a kid to deal with jealousy from other kids, but to have to deal with that crap from kids and their parents??? And I say that because I actually heard some of the things said in the stands by Bearden parents. No wonder he acts like he does. From what I see, it's like fighting fire with fire. It will be good for him when he goes D-1 to be playing against actual players who don't have anything to prove when it comes to dealing with Lee.

Edited by Ntheknow2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not gonna get into the way lee plays cause he is a good friend of mine and i dont want to make anyone mad :D people are starting to figure out who i am now and i could be hurt lol just kidding..

but in reality lee didnt desearve the tech tonight he did nothing but smile and the 80 year old moron called a tech on him for nothing, i hope he gets fired

Powell[/url]Fan' post='825972865' date='Mar 3 2006 - 11:56 PM']

but in reality lee didnt desearve the tech tonight he did nothing but smile and the 80 year old moron called a tech on him for nothing, i hope he gets fired

That was just example a cheap shot by the ref.

Edited by Ntheknow2

Powell[/url'>Fan' post='825972833' date='Mar 3 2006 - 11:43 PM']

Question? where you at the game, if not then you have no clue what im talking about. POwell can beat that team, i hope we get another shot at them in state

No, I wasn't at the game. I was just making an observation that the worst officials in the world aren't worth a 24 point swing - in my opinion. I just think its sour grapes (for anyone) to say that a game wasn't fair when you lost by 24 pts. I dare say the vast majority of posters would agree with me. And I was also agreeing with you about the state of officiaiting.

Maybe Powell had an off night, maybe all of the calls didn't go Powell's way, maybe Bearden outplayed Powell. I don't know and I don't care. I just think your original statement was a little silly.

No, I wasn't at the game. I was just making an observation that the worst officials in the world aren't worth a 24 point swing - in my opinion. I just think its sour grapes (for anyone) to say that a game wasn't fair when you lost by 24 pts. I dare say the vast majority of posters would agree with me. And I was also agreeing with you about the state of officiaiting.

Maybe Powell had an off night, maybe all of the calls didn't go Powell's way, maybe Bearden outplayed Powell. I don't know and I don't care. I just think your original statement was a little silly.

Umm yeah 26 probably was what the refs made powell lose, by not letting them play, they called touch fouls on us, and powell would have someone get punched in the back in front of the ref and nothing called, YOu where not at the game so you dont know what happen, ive never complained about refs, but its justified here

Powell[/url'>Fan' post='825972901' date='Mar 4 2006 - 12:09 AM']

Umm yeah 26 probably was what the refs made powell lose, by not letting them play, they called touch fouls on us, and powell would have someone get punched in the back in front of the ref and nothing called, YOu where not at the game so you dont know what happen, ive never complained about refs, but its justified here

I guarantee that the refs didn't make a difference in a 24 point loss. Regardless of what the outcome, the Bulldogs were the better team last night. The first meeting between the two schools the panthers only won by 2 points....without Tony White Jr. It is obviously that he makes a huge difference in most games that he plays in. When you create your own shot and get to the foul line, you are gonna get some calls go your way..ie Micheal Jordan. Be gracious in defeat and best of luck versus Greeneville on Monday night. Hopefully Region 2-AAA will be able to get to the Boro' with both teams

I guarantee that the refs didn't make a difference in a 24 point loss. Regardless of what the outcome, the Bulldogs were the better team last night. The first meeting between the two schools the panthers only won by 2 points....without Tony White Jr. It is obviously that he makes a huge difference in most games that he plays in. When you create your own shot and get to the foul line, you are gonna get some calls go your way..ie Micheal Jordan. Be gracious in defeat and best of luck versus Greeneville on Monday night. Hopefully Region 2-AAA will be able to get to the Boro' with both teams

I think it's pretty fair to say that losing teams will be "gracious" in defeat when the winners are "humble" in triump.

if you read my post i said it was to take nothing away from bearden, The refs would not let Lee Smith Matt hargis or chris conner play the game they usually play, they where not allowed to even talk to each other without getting a foul. oNce again Eyeinthesky where you at the game last night???

the bulldogs were the better team friday night......

and congrats to them!

i do wonder about the old ref! why do you start talking to a kid on the free throw line and try to get in his head.................its nuts!

the officials were clearly having trouble keeping up in a physical fast paced game!

i dont know what association these guys were from but after seeing a week of region at sevier it makes me appreciate the south knox and ridge assoc!

(well maybe a little :thumb: )

hats off to lee i thought i saw maturity and some leadership!

ive gave him a hard time in the past.........but i like the new lee keep it up..

the bulldogs were the better team friday night......

and congrats to them!

i do wonder about the old ref! why do you start talking to a kid on the free throw line and try to get in his head.................its nuts!

the officials were clearly having trouble keeping up in a physical fast paced game!

i dont know what association these guys were from but after seeing a week of region at sevier it makes me appreciate the south knox and ridge assoc!

(well maybe a little :thumb: )

hats off to lee i thought i saw maturity and some leadership!

ive gave him a hard time in the past.........but i like the new lee keep it up..

When Lee Smith decides he wants to play and play smart...there is no more dominant inside player in East TN. He could be a D-1 prospect in basketball if he applied himself but he knows what sport he needs to play to advance to the next level. Generally the only person that can stop Lee is Lee when he's motivated! The trick is...how do you do that?