Powell 76 vs Oak Ridge 59

PowellFan

When Lee Smith decides he wants to play and play smart...there is no more dominant inside player in East TN. He could be a D-1 prospect in basketball if he applied himself but he knows what sport he needs to play to advance to the next level. Generally the only person that can stop Lee is Lee when he's motivated! The trick is...how do you do that?

Lee's been pretty darned motivated all year long. Have you seen his numbers? Lee is asked to do a lot of things for Powell, and he generally does them well. Practically every time he touches the ball he has two or three defenders in his face. To have the scoring and rebounding numbers that he does and be the KILs leading assist guy speaks pretty highly of his "motivation".

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell[/url]Fan' post='825972865' date='Mar 3 2006 - 11:56 PM']

im not gonna get into the way lee plays cause he is a good friend of mine and i dont want to make anyone mad ;) people are starting to figure out who i am now and i could be hurt lol just kidding..

but in reality lee didnt desearve the tech tonight he did nothing but smile and the 80 year old moron called a tech on him for nothing, i hope he gets fired

I'm not commenting about the way Lee plays. He is one of the best players in the state even in basketball as far as I'm concerned. But when you are getting elbows to the back, shoved around on the court and trash talked, if would effect your game too. I'm just saying that refs should know what sort of mentality others players have when they play Powell and their D-1 signee. That mentality is that they are much more aggressive against him and if you ask me, those refs didn't make the calls against Bearden that they should have and no, that's not fair. But that's ok, come Monday night the panthers will be rested.

Edited by Ntheknow2

Powell[/url'>Fan' post='825973247' date='Mar 4 2006 - 11:40 AM']

if you read my post i said it was to take nothing away from bearden, The refs would not let Lee Smith Matt hargis or chris conner play the game they usually play, they where not allowed to even talk to each other without getting a foul. oNce again Eyeinthesky where you at the game last night???

I didn't have to be at the game to know when an excuse for losing is made. The reason why the boys from Powell couldn't play the game that they are acustomed to playing is probably because it is not the same way Bearden is use to play. Finesse overcomes strenght alot to times

Powell[/url]Fan' post='825974228' date='Mar 4 2006 - 11:33 PM']

Not an excuse, Dont talk about the game unless you where there cause you have no clue what happend there pudding cake

Oh I wasn't there...I supposed you didn't see when Hargis fell in front of Dustin Craig and then got up and hit him in his privates...oh but I wasn't there. Facts are facts their partna!!! Bulldogs 79 Panthers 55....what. SAY SOMETHING THEIR BIG BOY!!!!

SOMETHING, you said in the last post you where not there, Hargis gave that guy what he desearved Craig pushed hargis first and hit him several times in the back and that was in front of the refs too. BY the way hargis didnt hit him in the privets he actually kneed him in the back of the legs while he had his arms wraped around him.

I didn't have to be at the game to know when an excuse for losing is made. The reason why the boys from Powell couldn't play the game that they are acustomed to playing is probably because it is not the same way Bearden is use to play. Finesse overcomes strenght alot to times

My gosh, what brand of basketball does Powell play ? Their fans or whatever are constantly whining about "not letting us play" or "not letting the players play the game they usually do." What exact game is that ? It kind of makes you think.

Also, do you really think players from other teams really care if Powell has a football player or 2 on its team ? Didn't seem to impress Bearden that much.

From what I have heard, Lee Smith is a fine young man and fine football player. He sounds to be the "sleeper" in one of the lowest ranked Tennessee recruiting classes in recent memory. Do you really think a "playa" like Smith would concur with your whining? Doubt it.

No, Eyeinthesky, I'm not saying you are whining . . . I'm just quoting your post as it relates to finesse (Bearden) vs. strength (Powell) or whatever other adjective you could use to describe Powell's play.

Good luck to all Monday night.

My gosh, what brand of basketball does Powell play ? Their fans or whatever are constantly whining about "not letting us play" or "not letting the players play the game they usually do." What exact game is that ? It kind of makes you think.

Also, do you really think players from other teams really care if Powell has a football player or 2 on its team ? Didn't seem to impress Bearden that much.

From what I have heard, Lee Smith is a fine young man and fine football player. He sounds to be the "sleeper" in one of the lowest ranked Tennessee recruiting classes in recent memory. Do you really think a "playa" like Smith would concur with your whining? Doubt it.

No, Eyeinthesky, I'm not saying you are whining . . . I'm just quoting your post as it relates to finesse (Bearden) vs. strength (Powell) or whatever other adjective you could use to describe Powell's play.

Good luck to all Monday night.

How can Lee be a "sleeper" when he was offered scholarships by programs like Virginia Tech, Alabama, Auburn, and Louisville? He was rated 3 stars by Rivals. That's not exactly "sleeper" status.

Guest knoxhoops
Powell[/url'>Fan' post='825974284' date='Mar 4 2006 - 11:58 PM']

SOMETHING, you said in the last post you where not there, Hargis gave that guy what he desearved Craig pushed hargis first and hit him several times in the back and that was in front of the refs too. BY the way hargis didnt hit him in the privets he actually kneed him in the back of the legs while he had his arms wraped around him.

Hey PF, Hargis (the Broke Back Balla) in fact hit him in the groin and he tackled White on that loose ball too. Both White and Smith got techs for running their mouths. The refs let the rough play on both sides go too long before they tried to get control of the game. Bearden had too many guards for Powell to keep up with. And Bearden's shots were falling from all over the court.

Powell[/url'>Fan' post='825972833' date='Mar 3 2006 - 11:43 PM']

Question? where you at the game, if not then you have no clue what im talking about. POwell can beat that team, i hope we get another shot at them in state

Sorry but you won't get another shot at them at state. Greeneville is gonna take care of that dream on monday. You should be worrying about them instead of looking for any game in state. You have no way of matching up with greeneville so go practice cause your gonna need it.

How can Lee be a "sleeper" when he was offered scholarships by programs like Virginia Tech, Alabama, Auburn, and Louisville? He was rated 3 stars by Rivals. That's not exactly "sleeper" status.

He wasn't a nationally recruited player like many others from what I understand. He didn't receive tons of offers from top-flight D1 schools - again, from what I understand. With his size and athleticism, I can see him being a solid contributor in a couple of years - one of those players that is not nationally recruited yet makes a huge impact on the college level. Tennessee is lucky to have such a player and should have focused on more local recruits years ago.

While Jason Witten was a highly rated recruit, was he nationally recruited by the likes of Miami or USC or Oklahoma, etc.? We know the rest of the story with Witten.

Learn what a complement means, fella.

He wasn't a nationally recruited player like many others from what I understand. He didn't receive tons of offers from top-flight D1 schools - again, from what I understand. With his size and athleticism, I can see him being a solid contributor in a couple of years - one of those players that is not nationally recruited yet makes a huge impact on the college level. Tennessee is lucky to have such a player and should have focused on more local recruits years ago.

While Jason Witten was a highly rated recruit, was he nationally recruited by the likes of Miami or USC or Oklahoma, etc.? We know the rest of the story with Witten.

Learn what a complement means, fella.

Hello McFly! Auburn, Alabama, Virginia Tech! Those are national programs.

Yes, Lee was recruited by Miami. I was in the coaches office at Powell when they called wanting him to visit. He had over a dozen offers from top 25 caliber schools. That's not just speculation, that's the way it happened.

Rather than lecturing me on what a compliment is, get your facts straight before you label somebody a "sleeper".