South Pittsburg

PurpleGrad

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard a rummor that Coach Lewis is stepping down as head coach of boys basketball. Is this true? or strictly rummor? If it is true, is Coach Phillips going to move over from the assistant girls position to take the boys?

[/quote

I'm guessing either David Phillips or the 7th and 8th Grade Coach Wesley Stone.

Hey ChosenOne..... did Coach Lewis tell you guys WHY he was giving it up? How long had he been there? I thought this was just his second year.

As for David or Wesley, which do you think would be best? David's record at MC was not that great and Wesley has done a decent job with the JR High team.

Will Mrs. Allison hire someone from within or will she advertise for a new coach? Does anyone know if there will be any teaching vacancies next year? That will go a long way towards determining what Margie does.

i just want to comment on the part about david's record.... david coached the last winning record that marion has seen... not only that, the last double digit win total.... take into consideration that this was his first coaching job and he was somewhat "thrown to the wolves" with this likes of lowery from sequatchie, dragoo from arts and sciences and other experienced coaches.... not to mention that the chattanooga district he was in is still very tough to compete in... david is a very good coach with a lot of potential to be a great coach... so whenever he decides to take the reigns of another team, they will be very lucky to have his services...

i just want to comment on the part about david's record.... david coached the last winning record that marion has seen... not only that, the last double digit win total.... take into consideration that this was his first coaching job and he was somewhat "thrown to the wolves" with this likes of lowery from sequatchie, dragoo from arts and sciences and other experienced coaches.... not to mention that the chattanooga district he was in is still very tough to compete in... david is a very good coach with a lot of potential to be a great coach... so whenever he decides to take the reigns of another team, they will be very lucky to have his services...

WHO IS LOWERY FROM SEQUATCHIE