Oakdale Softball

Oakdaleagles

How does everyone feel about Oakdale being this year?? They do return with 7 starters from last season and 2 new additions to the out field.. Their pitcher Jessica Grayson has recovered from her car accident in March of 05...They were very successful in the fall league they played in.. Placing 2nd out of Anderson County, Clinton, Campbell Co, Midway, AC Alumni, Oak Ridge, Union Co, and seems like someone else..

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the Oakdale team should be pretty good this spring. Their success last fall shows that these girls can play ball, and that their pitcher is definately back. The help they received from Coalfield was short lived due to some diagreement among parents. The girls who finished the fall league were all from Oakdale, and these are the girls who were so impressive. I look for these ladies to do very well in the district. No one better count these girls out.

Your exactly right Gladitor, those girls did eceptionaly well in the fall league. They didn't have any help from Coalfield but for a couple games, and even when the Coalfield pitcher pitched for them against Midway they lost, but as far as their pitcher Grayson she is back and it wouldn't suprise me if she wasn't better then before. I would most certainly not count out this young Lady Eagle team who has a lot of talent in the infield & the outfield. I do believe they have a strong infield and a reliable outfield for that matter. Their most strongest team they will face this season is Oliver Springs and it wouldn't suprise me if they won it. They have an excellant chance at Regional's this upcoming season.

Oakdale Eagle and Gladitor, I don't now what games you saw this past fall but I do believe there was alot more pitching done than just a few games. Maybe you need to step back and try to recall your memory. As for the Midway game it takes more than one player to play a softball game not just one pitcher. You also had a pretty good out fielder that played as well, I don't hear you saying any thing about her.

You probally will have a fairly good team this year, but I believe the experience of both Coalfield and OS will prevail.

I may not be from Oakdale, but I know one thing Oakdaleagle and Gladiator is right, Oakdale is a very talented team, they play with heart & with faith... Though they had a rough season with the tragedy of losing their pitcher they played with all their heart.. But, now she is back I seen her play during fall league and she is now back and better then ever, I didn't see any Coalfield girls on their team when it really counted like for instance the day of tournaments. Those were all Oakdale High School players who won 2nd place.. They didn't have any help from Coalfield, Jessica Grayson pitched 3 ball-games straight and threw consistent the whole time. I heard recently that she had surgery on her leg, by getting her rod taken out which will improve her even more. Their infield is strong all around I'm not sure of what their names are but I can recall their faces when I see them on the field and they are very intemadating. Their coach is very lucky to have all the girls and talent on her team. And yes RedHotz13dad they do have a strong left fielder with the ability to throw the ball just about anywhere she wants. Talking about (Oakdale's) Infact any girl on that team has a strong arm and can throw the ball very well. Even though we're not a district game to them, they will more then likely take the district title I wouldn't put it past them. I wish the best of luck to the Oakdale Eagles I know they are back and ready for revenge. I just hope they bring us a good game which they always do, they have always been a good game for us. GOOD LUCK LADY EAGLES YA'LL DESERVE IT!!!!! IT'S YOUR YEAR!!!!

during the fall league in anderson county, jessica grayson stepped up to the plate. she still had the rod and pins in her leg, and she was almost up to the old "Jess". There was one girl from coalfield that helped tremendously in the outfield along with Kari in the outfield. both had great arms in the outfield. but when you pull a pitcher and put her on third base and she basically plays on top of homeplate and has 3 consecutive balls hit to her in her glove and she looks at them as they simply roll away from her, that does not make her an asset. granted she is a good picher, but there are outside influences that are bad for her. this should not be a coalfield/oakdale squabble about a put together league in another county but it seems that redhotz13dad cannot get over it for some reason. Just chill and we will see you during the season. Just remember while Jessica G was out for the season and still in the hospital, her stats still had her at number 2 for strickouts in the district for weeks and she was not even playing.

during the fall league in anderson county, jessica grayson stepped up to the plate. she still had the rod and pins in her leg, and she was almost up to the old "Jess". There was one girl from coalfield that helped tremendously in the outfield along with Kari in the outfield. both had great arms in the outfield. but when you pull a pitcher and put her on third base and she basically plays on top of homeplate and has 3 consecutive balls hit to her in her glove and she looks at them as they simply roll away from her, that does not make her an asset. granted she is a good picher, but there are outside influences that are bad for her. this should not be a coalfield/oakdale squabble about a put together league in another county but it seems that redhotz13dad cannot get over it for some reason. Just chill and we will see you during the season. Just remember while Jessica G was out for the season and still in the hospital, her stats still had her at number 2 for strickouts in the district for weeks and she was not even playing.

whoa.... thefive3.....how can you call out a 16 year old, over some bobbled balls???!!! Were there not any other mistakes made during the game??

Maybe if your Oakdale girls would have been putting the bat on the ball, a couple of mistakes would not have mattered!!!

If you Coalfield girls read this....... forget it!!Just a bunch of jealous parents who have the nerve to call out other people's kids!! Which is where I think the problem started any way!!

Any way the season starts Mon. the best of luck to everyone in the district!!! Even Oakdale.... I just felt the need to call out parents, not players!

Yes, they needed to hit a little better but my goodness they played 3 straight games in a row I'm sure they were a little bit tired.. And thefive3 your right she does play way up on home plate, she plays so far up anybody could just knock it right down her throat, in the game she did get to play 3rd base for Oakdale she missed 3 balls hit right to her and the left fielder had to come get them. What I like about Oakdale is they talk on the field, all of outfield calls the ball, same with infield. Shortstop and 2nd base do very good on covering 2nd base and knowing who gets what, I wish I could recall their names. They have a very strong 1st basemen who tries her hardest. With a good 3rd basemen and catcher. Of course we all know about their awesome pitcher. Best of luck Oakdale!!! I hope you take it to the hole!!!! Get em' Lady Eagles!!!