Cloudland vs Wartburg Updates

titleistprov

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a diehard Cloudland fan, I must say congrats to the guys. I grew up with many of these young men, and I know no one who is more deserving than these. Roan Mountain last night was magical. I have never seen an atmosphere like that; it was incredible. I even played on the girls state team; we never received anything like that. Good luck Landers at the 'Boro.

To Wartburg, thank you for an intense game. Your fans are incredible, and your team is extremely lucky to have them.

Cheergirl, no offense to you, but you sound extremely childish. Yea, a guy got kicked out. I know the guy who was kicked out, he is a great guy. Emotions run wild. Even you know that. As for the yelling at your players, look at your own cheerleaders. When Nick was throwing in the ball, one of your cheerleaders was leaning in to yell in his ear. How's that for class?

Go Landers!!!

CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK AT THE 'BORO!!!!!!

DISTRICT CHAMPS!!!

REGIONAL CHAMPS!!!

STATEBOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How would it not offend me if you called me childish?? and may i ask what it is that makes me childish... i never said i knew the guy i said he was rude and as the tape showed he was... and you are supposed to be MATURE and hold your "out of control" emotions in when something is happening like that!!! I now i wouldnt doubt that she was leaning over to scream in a players ear but she was just screaming not yelling words... She never said anything negitive about the landers to the players or anything...at least until the game was over and not to their faces cussin them out for no reason , which is way more then i can say for most of the lander fans.

Everybody keeps complaining about Cloudland's gym. It is very small, cramped, and extremely hot in the upstairs section. I can only imagine how bad the conditions were in the game against Wartburg with there being a packed house. Why didn't they have the game at Hampton's gym? I know Cloudland's girls played their sub-state game down there a couple of years ago because the fire marshall would not allow them to play at home.

Actually Lord Vader, the shame is that the Carter County School Board will not allow the funds to increase the size of the Cloudland gym. There was a very thoughtful article in the Elizabethton Star a few weeks ago commenting on the sorry conditions at the gym when we have the usual crowd. The gym is entirely too small and needs to be enlarged asap.

But of course, the Board would probably do the same cheapskate things they did when building the new Hampton Elementary. I seem to recall they built the school too small and had to bring in portable classrooms to put around the brand new school so all the students would fit. Really classy.

Then there is the new Cloudland Elementary. Absolutely beautiful facility. Only one problem. They cheaped out again and the gym is smaller than the decades old facility that was destroyed in the flood. Neither the gym nor the cafeteria is even big enough for an all students program with their parents. The new gym is the only one I'm aware of in the county that doesn't even have a three point line.

Then, to be fair, what about the terrible conditions at the Unaka Elementary School gym. That place was a joke 30 years ago.

Come on School Board, support our schools like the students and parents do!

The Highlander

I was just saying that they should have had it at Hampton like they did a couple of years ago. I am sure that Danny McClain would have been glad to help.

I agree with you Vader. McClain has always been helpful to Carter County teams.

I was at the Cloudland tame you were referring to. There was plenty of room.

Anyway - Good Luck Landers!! Make Carter County Proud :ph34r:

It's only fitting to play the game in in the team's gym that won the regional. They sold over a 1000 tickets and everyone who purchased one got inside the gym. Give credit to the people who worked so hard that added the extra seating to the gymnasium. Kudos to the Highlanders for never giving up during the season. You "earned and deserve this opportunity."

Be careful Highlander about the funding comment. We'll be reading letters on Coach T of how you know who has done so much during his term as you know what. :thumb:

Edited by starman

Hey KING, you are my hero! My life-long, childhood dream was to be a wrestler. I'm ashamed I couldn't fill the shoes of my ''GREATFATHER'' Ray ''the Lumberjack'' Lowe, the best wrestler of alltime. But I think you ''BROTHER'' could get me in the WWE so see what you can do ''BROTHER''! You make everyone sick. Even you're own say to ignore you're thoughtless comments. You do get me cracked up though, with you're imature''wrestler-like'' comments. Keep up the smack talkin' you BADBOY you! lol

Good, I'll find you a garbage can to puke in. There's an ole saying, "If you don't like a book don't read it". And if having fun is immature, then kill me now, brother!! As for thoughtless comments, there is plenty of thought in saying the Highlanders are the winners, the bulldogs are the losers. Whether you like it or not you better learn to love it!! Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :D

Cloudland's student section was weak. They had to result on pickin on 1 guy, the cheerleaders, freshmen and sophmore girls, and A girl basketball player who recently had surgery on her knee, so the guy in the Striped shirt and the rest of us guys decided that they were taking it to far. We simply went down there to give Big Chad some back up which he didn't need, and to make sure none of the knuckleheads from Cloudland started anything with our players. We had no thoughts of fighting but when the fans began making insults to us which they didn't know flipping us birds, and reffering to people's mom's which weren't there some of the guys was ready to fight. And The girl that got arrested was trying to start something with a freshman girl and the cop tried to restrain her and she began fighting the cop. The cop began to get rough with her and she got rough back so the cop used force. With all of this said, Cloudland has a great team, but givin the surroundings it gave Cloudland exact what they needed THE HOME COURT ADVANTAGE. Best of luck cloudland's team in the state. The fans, the students who tried to start things, you should stay home because other peopel wouldn't stand for that.