White House @ McMinn Central

I don't understand why people get mad at fans? I mean its all part of the game, would you rather have a group of students sit around and socialize or yell? I'd rather have them yelling and going crazy. Plus, it gets the players really pumped up. No offense to anyone, but I really think people need to stop being babies about chants (this wasn't directed to you MC maniac). I think its amusing when students cheer "Where's your varsity?" and "double digits" when the opposing team finally hits 10 points midway through the second quarter. And I know people are gonna trash me for saying this, but I don't care. I laughed hard when they chanted "garbage, garbage...". If a team can't keep the fans out of their head, then they don't belong on the court, thats my point of view.

"Scoreboard, scoreboard." would have worked just as well as far as getting into their heads. Or "where's your varsity?" would also have worked. I just don't think the garbage chant was a good reflection on our school. However, I love the fact that other teams hate our gym. I love the fact that the fans are right on top of the floor. You know it has an effect.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Central[/url'> Maniac' post='825980246' date='Mar 8 2006 - 05:53 PM']

"Scoreboard, scoreboard." would have worked just as well as far as getting into their heads. Or "where's your varsity?" would also have worked. I just don't think the garbage chant was a good reflection on our school. However, I love the fact that other teams hate our gym. I love the fact that the fans are right on top of the floor. You know it has an effect.

Dude, whatever happened to "Nuts and Bolts", and "Gold Shirts-Black Britches"? We did the same type thing in the early 80's, and the parents and administrators loved it. I did get called into Mr. Quirk's office each Monday and Wednesday morning for a debriefing so to say. Anytime you showed your a__ in a negative way, he'd jerk you up and take you out of the gym; because he did it to me during the '83 regionals against Loudon. I begged him to let me stay for the second half, and he let mestay, but I sit with him of all things. I had him cracking up by the end of that game. I think what all us old timers want for you guys to remember is you'll have these memories for a lifetime, so make the best of this run, and cheer like crazy. The garbage cheer might have came from the Cameron Crazies though. Let's let them keep it. Peace out! lol.