Bolivar and Mitchell

wareagle23

Guest catfish-hunter

I foresee a 25 page thread. :thumb:

With a week and a half to break down every possible matchup of players, fans, team schedule, coaches, etc. I'll go ahead and say that this thread makes it to 30 PAGES :thumb:

Bolivar wins because they've been here before and done it while Mitchell has not. Experience of playing in close games matters this time of the year and for anyone who thinks that Mitchell is better for having thumped FW tonight well YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

Bolivar got to experience a tourney type of atmosphere tonight against a hungry Lipscomb team that played great. That makes them better in the long run and gets them even more prepared for how to win in the clutch. Beating teams by 50-POINTS is not good preparation for what's going to happen in Murfreesboro.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a week and a half to break down every possible matchup of players, fans, team schedule, coaches, etc. I'll go ahead and say that this thread makes it to 30 PAGES :thumb:

Bolivar wins because they've been here before and done it while Mitchell has not. Experience of playing in close games matters this time of the year and for anyone who thinks that Mitchell is better for having thumped FW tonight well YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

Bolivar got to experience a tourney type of atmosphere tonight against a hungry Lipscomb team that played great. That makes them better in the long run and gets them even more prepared for how to win in the clutch. Beating teams by 50-POINTS is not good preparation for what's going to happen in Murfreesboro.

WELL SAID BROTHER THE ATMOSPHERE IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT JUST ASK LAST YEARS HAYWOOD TEAM WHO THUMPED MITCHELL AND GOT TO THE BORO AND LOST TO MLK ONLY SCORING IN THE 40'S AFTER PUTTING UP 91 IN THAT SECTIONAL GAME THIS IS THE TIME OF THE YEAR WHERE COACHING SHOWS UP

Edited by BIGWEBB

Keep wishing!

WELL SAID BROTHER THE ATMOSPHERE IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT JUST ASK LAST YEARS HAYWOOD TEAM WHO THUMPED MITCHELL AND GOT TO THE BORO AND LOST TO MLK ONLY SCORING IN THE 40'S AFTER PUTTING UP 91 IN THAT SECTIONAL GAME THIS IS THE TIME OF THE YEAR WHERE COACHING SHOWS UP

I agree Bolivar should be favored because they are the defending champs. However, the coach at Mitchell, whom everyone says can't coach, has a state championship ring. (He won it with a Kingsbury team that only loss one game.) A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then? There is another nut out there!

Who do u take to win this one catfish?

I was at the Bolivar/Lipscomb game tonight sitting right in the middle of the Bolivar fans and at halftime I thought I heard a bunch of them cheering because Mitchell got beat tonight??? I think they said they got beat by 1, was that false info or actually the half time score or what???

Just for the record, those people were talking about the Middleton Tigers getting beat by 1 point.

Bolivar Tigers by 3 in a tight game.

When their back is against the wall...they usually bring that A game. And with only 3 possible games left, I believe they have what it takes to get it done.

If they like pressure...they've sure as heck got it now!!!

Edited by firefulmer

not so fast bolivar fans....mitchell is finally clicking as a team despite having 2 key people hurt...bolivar has a great team and even better coach who will have them prepared...but i think the reign ends here...thad is very hungry right now and i seriously doubt lil willie will be able to guard him this time around......mitchell by 5.....