Top 5 offensive players

40yearoldvirgin..?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Offensive" means a combination of OBP, RS, AVG, RBI, SB, SLG%, and SACs. With these in mind, I'll take Trent at DB, Crouch at JC, Zurcher at SD, Lockwood at Halls, and Cannon at PF.

Trent for power and hitting the ball hard always

Crouch for best combination of power and speed

Zurcher for always getting the job done

Lockwood for power and the ability to take a walk

Cannon for knowledge of game, and overall approach

Others mentioned in this thread are great players but are lacking in certain aspects of the whole package. If I had the above listed five players on a travel team, offensively we could compete with anybody (Actually four out of the five are great at their positions defensively. Trent is a great catcher, Crouch covers from gap to gap in center field, Zurcher is a vacuum with range at short, and Cannon can make plays in both the OF and the IF. Not slighting Lockwood, he's good defensively but not in the class in the OF as Cannon or Crouch).

JON KECK HAS TO BE THE BEST HITTER IN WEST TENNESSEE, IF NOT THE STATE. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE IS PITCHED TO. DIDN'T HAPPEN MUCH LAST YEAR AND I WOULD EXPECT ALOT OF THE SAME THIS YEAR.

LYLES FROM USJ IS IMPRESSIVE.

MCADAMS FROM RIPLEY IS FOLLOWING IN HIS BROTHERS FOOTSTEPS. WILL BE A FORCE AS A SOPHMORE.

CROCKER FROM HUNTINGDON IS ONE OF THE HARDEST OUTS TO GET IN WEST TN. HITS THE BALL HARD TO ALL SIDES AND RARELY STRIKES OUT. GOOD SPEED.

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS WITH A PITCH TO JAKE JONES FROM CAMDEN. ESPECIALLY WITH THEIR SHORT PORCH IN LEFT. HE HAS KILLED THE BALL IN PRESEASON.

"Offensive" means a combination of OBP, RS, AVG, RBI, SB, SLG%, and SACs. With these in mind, I'll take Trent at DB, Crouch at JC, Zurcher at SD, Lockwood at Halls, and Cannon at PF.

Trent for power and hitting the ball hard always

Crouch for best combination of power and speed

Zurcher for always getting the job done

Lockwood for power and the ability to take a walk

Cannon for knowledge of game, and overall approach

Others mentioned in this thread are great players but are lacking in certain aspects of the whole package. If I had the above listed five players on a travel team, offensively we could compete with anybody (Actually four out of the five are great at their positions defensively. Trent is a great catcher, Crouch covers from gap to gap in center field, Zurcher is a vacuum with range at short, and Cannon can make plays in both the OF and the IF. Not slighting Lockwood, he's good defensively but not in the class in the OF as Cannon or Crouch).

BTW, my selections are for east TN--don't know enough players around the state to make a good judgment.