Marquis Weddle for 1a Mr. Basketball?

Fossil10

the following comment was made by slamdunker on two threads dealing with the middleton and union city game and the future cloudland and union city game...

Weddle

Mr. Basketball

7 points

Is something wrong with this picture?

I think so.

Overrated!

now, i dont know if he/she hid this reply under topics that have nothing to do with mr. basketball, maybe b/c he just wanted to start something but was too scared to get to much feedback...? anyway, this thread is for those who have seen union city's marquis weddle play and have an opinion on whetehr he does or doesnt deserve class a mr. basketball.

he/she feels that weddle's off game against middleton where he was only able to put 7 pts on the board shows taht weddle is undeserving of this award.

from the way i understand things...every game is averaged into a player's ppg average. weddle went out half way through the 2nd quarter with an injury with 14 pts and missed another game completely giving him 0pts for the night. wih those two low blows to his career scoring, he has still managed to have 30+ pts on most games and averages 27 in regular season play.

a past post metioned that weddle had a 33ppg average in post season play.

have fun with this one!

Edited by Fossil10

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this Weddle guy is seriously overrated. I haven't seen him play ever before, but I am still going to judge his talent and compare him to other people that I have never seen play. All of my opinions are going to be based on what people on here say about each of the people.

Actually, (that was all a lie) I think that Weddle is underrated. Most people base their opinions on Marquis just by his scoring ability, but he does more than score. He plays defense and controls the court along with X. Add MJ, Tony, and the shut-down defense of Nate....and maybe the whole roster is underrated.

But (this is a lie too) I have never seen any of these guys play, and I am going to say Weddle and the rest are underrated just by what all these educated, un-biased, full of opinioned Coach T members.

I think that this Weddle guy is seriously overrated. I haven't seen him play ever before, but I am still going to judge his talent and compare him to other people that I have never seen play. All of my opinions are going to be based on what people on here say about each of the people.

Actually, (that was all a lie) I think that Weddle is underrated. Most people base their opinions on Marquis just by his scoring ability, but he does more than score. He plays defense and controls the court along with X. Add MJ, Tony, and the shut-down defense of Nate....and maybe the whole roster is underrated.

But (this is a lie too) I have never seen any of these guys play, and I am going to say Weddle and the rest are underrated just by what all these educated, un-biased, full of opinioned Coach T members.

great post.....Quis is underrated and he should win the Mr. Basketball award without a doubt.

I dont kno what slamdunker was thinkin when he made the comment that Quis was overated he is by far the best player all around i singleA..and from watchin him several times if he just had more size He could be the best player in the state..now dont blow that comment up i'm talkin about his ball handlin, shooting and his quickness just add 3 to 4 inces on that and noone is stopping him..so i say Mr. WEDDLE for Mr. basketball hands down and for slamdunker go watch him play again everybody has their off nights especiall when there shooting in a barn at middleton but all that matters was that he came through in the clutch and kept his team alive and sent midd packin..

Well slamdunker this one is for you...Weddle is already a lock..He is the best player by far in single A basketball...And he is a top 5 player in the state in all classes...And probly the best shooter in the great state of Tennessee...So Marquis when you get to burro you need to show the people who you really are and hold nothing back..Just have fun like you and X and M.J. .Tony and Nate always do... Along with Mark and Jermy and Wilkins..Words of wisdom..If your having fun while your on the court you must be doing something right.

I haven't seen the other Class A Mr. Basketball finalist play. I have seen Weddle about 5 times this year. He is a great player, no doubt. I don't think anyone can say some player is underated or overated if they have nothing other than stats to base their opinion. I don't have a vote for the award, if I did I could only vote on what I have seen and know for fact, and the fact is Marquis Weddle is a great hgh school basketball player. Ok, he had a couple off nights this year, so what. The voters will vote for who they want to win. It may not be who deserves to win, but who they want to win. If they haven't seen Weddle play, they may not want him to win. Maybe that's how it should be, I don't know. I have seen him play.... and I want him to win. Good luck Marquis

well, guys, and possibly girls, im glad yall decided to back me up on this argument. i will admit, i have never seen any of the other class finalists, but i know what marquis brings to the floor. there have been 5 or 6 games i havent seen him play in and only once have i been disapointed by what he did, and taht was at middleton(but we all have bad nights)

i dont have much against u slamdunker...i just found it outragous that u made a post such as that. who knows, maybe u just wanted some attention.

i have yet to see a high school player play like weddle, granted i have not seen any games of aa or aaa this year and i have only seen teh teams in our region taht UC has played, but i will still stand strong in that i believe marquis is if not the best on of the best players in 1a basketball, and maybe all classes.

Well,not only is he a great player,he IS the only one of the three finalists to lead his team to the state tournament....That should say something right there... :lol:

Also Weddle has been consistent throughout his career.. All-time point leader in UC boys basketball history and that says quite a bit considering some of the talented players and scoring greats that have worn the Purple @ Gold over the years. :lol:

Congrats to Marquis on the honor of being named a finalist and good luck to UC in the BORO this week :lol:

I dont kno what slamdunker was thinkin when he made the comment that Quis was overated he is by far the best player all around i singleA..and from watchin him several times if he just had more size He could be the best player in the state..now dont blow that comment up i'm talkin about his ball handlin, shooting and his quickness just add 3 to 4 inces on that and noone is stopping him..so i say Mr. WEDDLE for Mr. basketball hands down and for slamdunker go watch him play again everybody has their off nights especiall when there shooting in a barn at middleton but all that matters was that he came through in the clutch and kept his team alive and sent midd packin..

I have said this alot him having a off night had nothing to do with the gym you can cry about it all you want he had an off night and i saw the game middleton was ready for him they had someone in his face all night long now thats why he had only 7 for the night. the bad side to that it left other people open to step up that night and they did good luck to uc.