Union City

westtennbob

I was eating dinner! :ph34r:

Okay, East Tennessee transplant. Now you are telling me you are eating dinner on the job as well as playing on computer. And here I have been typing a test for Friday working hard, losing sleep. I shall call your wife and tell her you are both eating and playing while supposedly working. :o

Go Ut Vols and Lady Vols. This year may be the year both win their NCAA tournies. :thumb:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City has lost two games to Humboldt.

Union City has lost 3 games to Humboldt. UC beat Humboldt at UC. Humboldt won at home. Humboldt beat UC in the District at South Fulton (we were up by 29 in the 2nd qtr), and we beat them in the District Championship at Trenton. I can't say that there are or aren't anyone better than Union City and Humboldt in 1A, but if there are I can't wait to see them :thumb:

Union City has lost 3 games to Humboldt. UC beat Humboldt at UC. Humboldt won at home. Humboldt beat UC in the District at South Fulton (we were up by 29 in the 2nd qtr), and we beat them in the District Championship at Trenton. I can't say that there are or aren't anyone better than Union City and Humboldt in 1A, but if there are I can't wait to see them :thumb:

i doubt u made this post to start a bunch of crap, but humboldt was up on union city by 29 in the 2nd quarter after marquis was injured...that is when humboldt took the lead by over 10 pts. regardless, union city came back to lose by 10. however, u still won but it wasnt as bad as u made it sound. union city should have won at trenton if u ask me personaly, they had the lead at the end but 2 absurd walking calls were made on weddle after falling to the ground bc of a man in front and behind, but anyway, bad calls were made all night. those two possesions would have changed teh game completely. another call was made after a free throw on nate coleman while out of bounds in the last 3 seconds? i dk, congrats to #20, his free throw abilities won the game for yall in region in the last 30 seconds 86-83.

union city and humboldt are a great matchup, and i hope to see them again at the boro.

Edited by Fossil10

i doubt u made this post to start a bunch of crap, but humboldt was up on union city by 29 in the 2nd quarter after marquis was injured...that is when humboldt took the lead by over 10 pts. regardless, union city came back to lose by 10. however, u still won but it wasnt as bad as u made it sound. union city should have won at trenton if u ask me personaly, they had the lead at the end but 2 absurd walking calls were made on weddle after falling to the ground bc of a man in front and behind, but anyway, bad calls were made all night. those two possesions would have changed teh game completely. another call was made after a free throw on nate coleman while out of bounds in the last 3 seconds? i dk, congrats to #20, his free throw abilities won the game for yall in region in the last 30 seconds 86-83.

union city and humboldt are a great matchup, and i hope to see them again at the boro.

'Tis true that Weddle was out most of that game, but #20 (T. Smith) was out most of the 2nd half for Humboldt. Here's just a hope that both can meet again next Saturday!

Coaches will try not to get his or her team to not overlook a team with a record of 14-18,which is what you have to do....But,you also find that coaches sometimes over-hype a team and psyches his own team out.....This is a team(Cloudland)that if Union City were playing in the regular season or if they were in Union City's district,they would beat the same way they beat a Bradford,Gleason,Greenfield or South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>...Believe me,there is a reason a team goes into the district tournamnet with a 7-18 record..Answer is they are not very good......There is also a reason a team goes into the same said tournament and has won 7 games since..Answer is the district and region and sub-state team were not very strong...Long story short,if Shane Sisco does not hype this team up so much that they look like the San Antonio Spurs to Union City's players,the Tornadoes will win this game very easily.....Have a healthy respect,yes....Also,keep who and what the Highlanders are in perspective and play Tornado basketball.... :D

Edited by backinthaoc

i doubt u made this post to start a bunch of crap, but humboldt was up on union city by 29 in the 2nd quarter after marquis was injured...that is when humboldt took the lead by over 10 pts. regardless, union city came back to lose by 10. however, u still won but it wasnt as bad as u made it sound.

You're right that I wasn't trying to start anything. I was giving facts. However, we were up by 21 pts in the 2nd quarter when Weddle went out. After that we got up by as much as 29 in the 2nd quarter. I've seen the tape 3 times. Toylon Smith went out 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter, and our whole bench played before the game was over. Hopefully will meet up Saturday at the Boro :D

You're right that I wasn't trying to start anything. I was giving facts. However, we were up by 21 pts in the 2nd quarter when Weddle went out. After that we got up by as much as 29 in the 2nd quarter. I've seen the tape 3 times. Toylon Smith went out 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter, and our whole bench played before the game was over. Hopefully will meet up Saturday at the Boro :thumb:

Look yall..It really don't matter to this point who was up on who at South Fulton..The bottom line is Weddle and Smith went out..Humboldt won by 10 and yes they were up 29 at one time..But lets get real here..If there is a Union City Humboldt 5 there will not be no 29 point advantage for either team at any point of the game..Humboldt just shot lights out and the game got over quick..But that will not happen again so yall calm down..And no matter how you look at it Humboldt shot around 85% in the first quarter and 75 in the second..Any way you look at it that was impressive..But Weddle got his revenge on Humboldt dropping 46 on them and what was a losing effort and a very questionable call at the end of the game..I hope to see Humboldt again in the finals..And my opinion is i don't think Humboldt will beat Union City again..4 time in a row is very hard to do but one thing is for sure,it will be a barn burner if they do play again so if they play again i will say 79-76 Union City will cut the nets down at burro.

...Believe me,there is a reason a team goes into the district tournamnet with a 7-18 record..Answer is they are not very good......There is also a reason a team goes into the same said tournament and has won 7 games since..Answer is the district and region and sub-state team were not very strong...]

I know a lot of people think Cloudland is not a very good team. I'm not saying that we are or we aren't. Just check this out and see if it makes since. A wise person once told me that it doesn't matter what you do in the season; only in the tournaments. OK, so if you play badly in the season, 9 times out of 10 people are going to think you are a horrible team. So when tournament time comes, you are easily overlooked. Case and point of Cloudland. Perhaps Ned Smith knew what he was doing. Let people think you are horrible. Have a losing record (not on purpose). And then go in and sweep playoffs, with a 7-0 record. Genius. That's why Cloudland is in the State Tournament. Not because we gained players. Not because our competition weakened. But because they knew how to play the game. Physically and mentally.

Edited by meow

You're right that I wasn't trying to start anything. I was giving facts. However, we were up by 21 pts in the 2nd quarter when Weddle went out. After that we got up by as much as 29 in the 2nd quarter. I've seen the tape 3 times. Toylon Smith went out 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter, and our whole bench played before the game was over. Hopefully will meet up Saturday at the Boro :thumb:

I dont care how many times u have seen the film alot of the humboldt players did even take off their warm ups so i would say that the did not play and Rhodes didnt come out of the game

meow,I'm not ready to buy your theory....I don't think ANY coach has plans on being a 7-18 regular season team then running the table in the tournaments...That boat just won't float with me......Usually teams like Cloudland have been weeded out by now....I'm not saying it's not a great "feel good" story....It shows a lot of heart on the Cloudland's players part....I'll give you that....But,all things factored in,if Union City plays to 100% of their potential and Cloudland does the same,Union City still wins easily...It's going to take almost a perfect game from Cloudland and a really bad game by Union City...And I'll be honest,I hate these types of games,because coaches will worry to death about teams like this and it will rub off on the players...And to add to that, the state tournament atmosphere,it makes it hard to be that heavily favored team.....It's a dangerous game..See i'm psyching myself out.....

Edited by backinthaoc

I'm not saying that we are in the same league as Union City. I'm just saying that Cloudland isn't as horrible as people, including myself, thought them to be. At the beginning of the basketball season, I predicted that our boys would be practicing baseball right now while our girls would be at the 'boro. However, our boys will be on their way, and our girls are at home.