Preseason Region 5-3A

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

I'll give this to FlyingV46 when it comes to Region 2-3A:

Since 2001 that region has been dominant. AE, Fulton, and LA have all won state titles and during that period of time both Anderson Co. and Knoxville Catholic have both had teams that could have easily won it all. The ONE YEAR (2002) that a 2-3A team did not win it all was back when Ridgeway beat Fulton in the title game. Ridgeway is a team that went all the way to the State Semifinals of the Class 5A Playoffs last year. 2-3A has set the bar when it comes to winning championships in 3A football in this state, HOWEVER it has only been that way for the past five seasons (1/2 of the length of a decade). If you want to talk smack please be sure that you have your years correct FlyingV46 :thumb:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creek Wood lost too much leadership and exprience with the class of 06. Most of these seniors have started for three years, no way to replace that much exprience on the practice field. Quarterback, running backs, recievers, linebackers and defenive backs willl have very little varsity playing time before game one.

Guest catfish-hunter

Creek Wood lost too much leadership and exprience with the class of 06. Most of these seniors have started for three years, no way to replace that much exprience on the practice field. Quarterback, running backs, recievers, linebackers and defenive backs willl have very little varsity playing time before game one.

I thought that you were a huge Creek Wood supporter tiger63 :thumb:

Creek Wood might be the biggest team in the entire region up front next year. They sure will be physical as usual.

Theil will be missed at quarterback. Anyone who believes that all he did for the most part was hand it off to Vaughn and Steverson (Bennett & Holt the year before last) is crazy. The passing attack was solid when called upon at CW last year (just ask anyone from Cheatham because Theil had a career night in that game last year).

Like I stated before the Red Hawks had to replace Holt and Bennett last year but everyone also knows that Vaughn and Steverson played plenty in '04 as well. Creek Wood does need to have some guys in the backfield step up BUT what's working for them is that they have solid lineplay up front and their coaches will put the right guys in the right spots. Chuck Daniel has built that program to one of the better 3A programs not only in the midstate but in the entire state in just TWO YEARS (Jackie Bledsoe was the HC at Creek Wood back in '03).

What else is working for Creek Wood????????

Look around the region. It's not only them. Page and Cheatham Co. lost a bunch of seniors off of last year's teams (as well as CW). Outside of David Lipscomb being the obvious pick to win the region I'd say that it's simply a tossup from #2-#8. Marshall Co. will be dynamic on the offensive side of the football with all of the guys they have returning BUT they must learn to play some defense to make a real playoff run. Giles Co. came on strong late in the year last year BUT will the success continue now that Tim Johnson is gone. Spring Hill has a shot to be one of the better offensive teams in the region with the skill players that they have returning BUT the questions here are will the defense improve & who will be the coach there this upcoming season.

A team that should really challenge to make the playoffs is Montgomery Central and even though I did not pick them to get in the postseason I'm sure that there are many who will. The Indians depth and experience issues from last year will become game experience benefits this year. An offensive line that will be experienced and a backfield that includes Benton Jackson, Evan Harrison, and William Rittenhouse makes coaching in Cunningham really enjoyable for Rickey Ray these days. I do know that they lost Jeffrey Lyle (APSU Signee) and he was everything for them last year BUT they are replacing a star with a solid trio in the offensive backfield this year.

Creek Wood will miss all the seniors that have passed but 06' will be a repeat for the Redhawks at QB replacing Theil will be a hard job but the young up & coming TJ Dollard is possibly a better athlete than Theil he's a very good player he has great accuracy, great arm strength, and the kid has a set of wheels. Although a great player he's no where near as smart a player as Theil. Dollard is more than ready to step it up at the Varsity level. Brandon Tyler the 06' running back for the redhawks is no Josh Vaughn or Ben Steverson, but he's a great running back in the few games he played in on the Varsity level he did just as good as Vaughn he's a great power he even had a couple hundred yards rushing before hurting his leg and being out for the season. The Wideouts for the redhawks are fast with Daniel Dawson and Sam Shelton. Also Justion Benefiel the 3rd reciever has possibly best set of hands ive ever seen. As said earlier by Catfish the Offensive linemen are a bunch of huase cats between the 5 of them form Tackle to Tackle they weight about a total of 1250lbs, They will be very physical.

On the Defensive side of the ball they have a very young group of Defensive backs all unexperienced in TJ Dollard, Chris Elliott, Cody Tucker, and Sam Shelton. This will be the weakness of the defense although they're getting better everyday i'd say the lack of experience will hold them back a step or two. The linebackers are all pretty experienced and also very tough athletes with Shay Wilson, Chase Duke*, and Justin Miller. Up front you'll see Stan Krantz, Ethan Brogden* Andrew Stanfill, Justin Darnell, Matt Garton, Michael Jones. Seriously how could you go wrong with this defense under the Nasty Coaching style of Matt Jones as defensive coordinator.

The players to watch on the CW squad will be TJ Dollard, Sam Shelton, Brandon Tyler, Stan Krantz, Chase Duke, Ethan Brogden and the big man Justin Darnell...

I guess with all this being said what more is there to say than "Whos House!!!!!"