Bartlett vs. Covington

bhscoach

I went out and watched Bartlett scrimmage Covington today. The reason I went was because I wanted to join in on the baseball talk and I thought I read on here somewhere how good Covington was suppose to be. I stayed for 3 1/3 innings and Bartlett was winning 10-0. Now I don't know if Bhs is going to be that good or Covington is that bad. Any thoughts on these two? Bartlett hit 4 HRs in 3 1/3 and their defense was incredible. Shawn Smith was on the hill and pitched pretty well. Covington hit him hard a couple times but other than that they couldn't touch him.

Bartlett is GOOD!! Covington is supposed to be pretty competitive with the pitcher and shortstop. Maybe Covington just isn't near as well coached as Bartlett??

Well I will say it I think nobody in Memphis is as well coached as Bartlett. Anytime you have a National Coach of the Year in your dugout you know that you have got a winner. I just thought from all the hype that Covington was getting they were going to be better than what I saw. I know one thing Bartlett hits the ball extremely hard and is very disciplined at the plate. I coach basketball at Bartlett and I know Clark was saying this is one of the deepest pitching rotations that he has had. Anytime you have Nuccio who would have signed somewhere D1 but his grades are bad batting 7th you know that you have a pretty deep lineup as well. I was just thinking Covington was a little better. I will say one thing if ya'll think Covington is the best AA team around then I think other AA teams are in better shape than they think.

Well I will say it I think nobody in Memphis is as well coached as Bartlett. Anytime you have a National Coach of the Year in your dugout you know that you have got a winner. I just thought from all the hype that Covington was getting they were going to be better than what I saw. I know one thing Bartlett hits the ball extremely hard and is very disciplined at the plate. I coach basketball at Bartlett and I know Clark was saying this is one of the deepest pitching rotations that he has had. Anytime you have Nuccio who would have signed somewhere D1 but his grades are bad batting 7th you know that you have a pretty deep lineup as well. I was just thinking Covington was a little better. I will say one thing if ya'll think Covington is the best AA team around then I think other AA teams are in better shape than they think.

bhscoach, did you see the USJ Bartlett scrimmage? Just wondering how you and other Bartlett fans would compare Covington to USJ?

USJ has Covington back to back on Mon./Tues 3/27 and 3/28 to open District play.

bhscoach, did you see the USJ Bartlett scrimmage? Just wondering how you and other Bartlett fans would compare Covington to USJ?

USJ has Covington back to back on Mon./Tues 3/27 and 3/28 to open District play.

I didn't see the USJ scrimmage. I know the first pitcher they threw had a nasty curve ball but other than that they hit everything hard. I would say if Covington plays like they did against Bartlett the other day then ya'll will beat them. They aren't very good in the field either. Grant it Bartlett hit the ball hard but on routine plays Covington made a lot of mistakes. Good luck.