JNS vs. Hillcrest for AA Finals

GHvolrebel

Hard to believe that JNS beat York like they did. Aren't state games supposed to be closer than this? Obion Central in Regional finals vs. JNS and in substate vs. Hillcrest played them closer than any other team in tournaments.

OC fans - does that mean we came out as the 3rd best team at end of season and our district and region were the toughest in state this year? We certainly can say that our Lady Rebels showed up pretty good against the top 2 teams in the state at crunch time. Just a thought to ponder.

I predicted JNS vs. Hillcrest in finals fron start. Next prediction: JNS over Hillcrest in finals by 3 points. Hillcrest will put up the 3 often. Seems they have gone inside more maybe by lack of 3's so far.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what it means is that west tn is now the uncontested power in AA hoops

last year 4 of 8 with chester winning

the cumberland era officially over as they didnt make it last year and this year got a can opened on em

It seems that I and others probably saw the best tournament games here in West

Tn at our district, regional, and substate and did not have to go to the 'boro although it would have been a bigger honor for any team to be up there this week.

JaxNS and Hillcrest, should be a great match-up, inside game (JNS) vs outside game (H'crest). I really think this is a toss-up. H'crest must try to slow Delk, while JNS must defend above the 3 point line, (sometimes way beyond the line). If H'crest stays with their gameplan, they might take the title back to the Bluff city.

Sidenote: OC gave both of these all they wanted and then some. Seems there were indeed some quality teams, other than these two in West Tennessee.

Edited by VOREBS

McMinn Central and Livingston Academy...the State Title will be between the two of them for the next 3 years...mark my words...so enjoy your time while you have it, west tn...

We are and we will just like you would if east tn was in the finals. What's with the SC picture. Are you a gamecock transplanted to our beautiful state. Do we have something in common. If you are formerly from SC, then I bet UT regroups and goes further in NCAA than does SC, that is if SC gets in. :thumb:

We are and we will just like you would if east tn was in the finals. What's with the SC picture. Are you a gamecock transplanted to our beautiful state. Do we have something in common. If you are formerly from SC, then I bet UT regroups and goes further in NCAA than does SC, that is if SC gets in. :thumb:

I love SC, thats all...I've lived in Tennessee all my life, but my junior year of college, I will probably be living in SC cuz I'll be going to school there...how far USC goes in the tournament is not an issue to me, I mean heck we're like 16-14...but if we beat Kentucky tomorrow, I think we'll have a good shot at the title...Florida will probably beat us though...

Is that picture supposed to make me sick? I believe we have won a national championship since SC. Right? Right. You can truly have him. B)

I will gladly take Spurrier over Fulmer any day...note that Spurrier's record against Fulmer is 7-2...furthermore, when he was at Florida, Tennessee was Florida's wife...he won the SEC almost every year he was there, not to mention a National Title...he took his team to the Alliance/Coalition/BCS almost every year as well...can Fulmer say any of that??? I doubt it...hes too busy telling on other programs and knocking up secretaries...not to mention going 5-6 :lol:...I don't believe Spurrier has ever had a losing record in the college ranks, Duke included...oh yeah, he won the ACC Championship with Duke in the 80's sometime...just to close, I can't WAIT til yall come to Columbia this year...I look forward to seeing Spurrier, once again, dominate Fatlock...

Edited by BluNWhiteH8Tribe

McMinn Central and Livingston Academy...the State Title will be between the two of them for the next 3 years...mark my words...so enjoy your time while you have it, west tn...

Are you a McMinn Central fan? Is that why you made the prediction that you stated? You must be loaded for several years to come.

OC loses 2 good seniors this year with 1 returning senior to be and a host of good sophomores coming up to juniors . We have a good group of sophomores to be with some real good incoming freshmen. OC is fed by 4 feeder schools. One of those went undefeated and won the West Tn. Sectional winning about 20 games and no losses. They beat the Jackson and MEmphis schools that moved through in the junior high tournament. So maybe OC and McMinn Central will meet next year. Looking forward to it.

You are obviously enjoying your new toy (Coach T)! Tell 'em like it is, Unc. :thumb:

Hey, bhhvols. 'Bout time you chimed in. I can't stop laughing while using this toy. I watch tv while I type. By the way check your e-mail. I switch to that from this and back to this too much. Also, more sound off next week about UC being in the state tournamnet and you get to ruffle feathers 'cause you got your old dog in the hunt. :lol:

Edited by GHvolrebel