Lady Rocket Fans

Vultor

We'll see! No matter what happens 2morrow both teams did a great job getting there. As far as the smack talk jcounty2imback BRING IT! Hope u got more fans than u did today though. The Crew will put yall to shame.

we might not have the biggest crown but it dont matter all that matters is we win!!!like yesterday summerotwn had 50 times the crowd we had but we shut em up the first minute ofplay by going yup 9-2!!we dint hear em whine the rest of the game

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the painting was very sweet. These guys are doing a great job in supporting their team. I also think that Mike Bishop is a great guy, and does a wonderful job as the principal of Forrest High School, as does Rocky Bowden as Asst. Prin. They are both caring and supportive men, and I cannot imagine anybody else doing a better job than them.

That being said, if the "bare chests" are a problem, heck I'll even buy them t-shirts and help them paint them!! We could not be any more proud of our girls or the support these young folks are putting forth at this historical time in our lives for them.

No other Forrest basketball team has made it to this level, and we ALL need to rock Murphy Cneter to support them tonight. If my voice holds out I'll be one of the loudest in the crowd. You do us proud, Lady Rockets!!! We love you. Play hard like you've been doing for the past two games. Wow!! State Finals!! Go Lady Rockets!!

I can see that point of view...and I understand it fully...

But my argument here is that hundreds of teams around the state have people in their student sections that paint up and at the state tournament, a good portion the students from some schools don't have shirts on and are painted up...

But I can see your point of view and why it could be wrong...but that principal has no right to suspend these students, especially if he didn't say that they couldn't...

Likewise, I see your point of view as well. However it's like my mother always said...you know how it goes "if your friends wanted to jump off a cliff would you want to as well?" Maybe your Mr. Bishop wants to NOT be just like everyone else and be sure Forrest maintains its character as it is now not be just like everyone else. BUT...I can tell you from 4 trips to the finals I have made with the CLAY COUNTY LADY BULLDOGS there is no other game or atmosphere like what you are about to be a part of. And win or lose it will be a game your community and school can ALWAYS talk about. For the benefit of your group let this go for now and focus on your LADY ROCKETS. They, just like the LADY BLUE DEVILS need all your support today they can get. MAY THE BEST TEAM (TODAY) WIN!!!

it states CLEARLY in the FHS handbook that YOU signed that the forrest dress code policy will be enforced not only at school but at SCHOOL FUNCTIONS {basketball games, etc.}. Not only were the boys told at school not to paint their chests, but TWICE at the game to put their shirts back on! Did they? no. They should have gotten in a LOT more trouble then having to get a note signed. Like it was stated before, paint a t-shirt. Do you think anybody wants to see that? not me!

Sounds like everyoen is upset about all this. However, I say look past it and work on the task at hand.....which is winning tonight.

EVERYONE has to do their part to support these girls. They deserve it and no one should let hurt feelings get in the way supporting the girls tonight!

GOOOOOO Lady Rockets!

Edited by 2priceless

it states CLEARLY in the FHS handbook that YOU signed that the forrest dress code policy will be enforced not only at school but at SCHOOL FUNCTIONS {basketball games, etc.}. Not only were the boys told at school not to paint their chests, but TWICE at the game to put their shirts back on! Did they? no. They should have gotten in a LOT more trouble then having to get a note signed. Like it was stated before, paint a t-shirt. Do you think anybody wants to see that? not me!

I CAN SEE BOTH SIDES BUT IF THIS OFFENDS YOU DON'T WATCH WRESTLING

OR BOXING but if Forrest has a rule handbook that prohibits such the principle

has every right to enforce it,and may be obligated to by his job describtion.

I really wasn't intending to bash Mr. Bishop. I don't agree with his position and just wanted to see how many other parents of these boys knew about this. I think he told them ahead of time not to do it. Yea tell 17 and 18 year old boys not to do something like this to support their girls...and some girl friends, what do you thinks gonna happen. The girls feed off the energy from the crowd. They we just giving the girls everything they had. These same girls will be there to support our baseball team...with their shirts on of course.

Go Lady Rockets!

Edited by Vultor

Dang I think I turned the table on this board... Everyone hated Mr. Bishop before my post... Then everyone loved hiim after... Ha.. I am glad I have such influences on everyone.. LOL.. Im playing...

Kick Booty tonight Girls... Play very hard!!

You did good....you peacemaker you!! :thumb:

GOOO Lady Rockets!

this thread caught my interest

a couple of years ago our aau team was playing at nationals in kenner la

the older btothers of the girls wanted to "paint up"their chests

i asked the tourny director mr bucky lanning if this was ok

buckys reply was" i dont have a problem with it as long as its not there pants comming off!" :huh:

I heard the principal was afraid the girls on the court would double over in laughter at all those skinny Forrest chests. It is hard to play ball when your laughing.

Now we have a similar rule at our place, but it is meant to keep the girls from fainting at the sight of our boy's manly Viking physiques.

See you next year Fresh! :lol: