The Future in 10A, what does it hold?

TraderJack

I agree with allregionpatriot#3, that it will be between WHH and NCS next year. And I did forget about Tico being back for ER, but they still lose alot. It's sad to see Montessori closing the doors, they'd been tough next year. Also, Kennedy's dad has come to hate Ezell, so I agree that he won't be back there. I'm just curious to see where he ends up, because there are ways around sitting out a year. Look for the Kennedy's to change their address to another county, then he'll get to play both years.

Good luck in the tourny East......make District 10 proud, and give it to'em.

If the school is shutting down he would be able to play wherever he wants. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

School closing is a hardship. He will be eligible immediately, anywhere.

My bad yall, your right. Now it boils down to where he thinks he will fit in best. I don't know about anyother teams out there, but I think NCS would like to have him. One more in the boiling pot would only make them hotter!!! But it comes down to what his dad says, simple as that.

Hey NCS, who do you think would want to give up their share of the shots, Frazier or Kennedy? I agree, Those two together could be devistating, but somebody has to have fewer shots than they did last year.

Good point. I think that if that happens, Coach Anderson would make it where both would get enough shots. NCS loses their 2nd leading scorer in Givens, so there is a spot there. But there's a difference in 13ppg vs's 22.1ppg. I guess only time will tell. I kind of wish that someone who knows whats going on would get on here and inform us what might or might not happen. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait.

Good point. I think that if that happens, Coach Anderson would make it where both would get enough shots. NCS loses their 2nd leading scorer in Givens, so there is a spot there. But there's a difference in 13ppg vs's 22.1ppg. I guess only time will tell. I kind of wish that someone who knows whats going on would get on here and inform us what might or might not happen. Oh well, guess we'll have to wait.

Givens will be missed but his scoring was never considered to be of utmost importance. He had games this year where he didn't score much at all. The idea of Coach Anderson having trouble managing two hot shooters like Frazier and Kennedy would be a Coaches dream ...not a problem. Not sure what kind of kid Kennedy is but he could be a Div 1 prospect and playing under Charlie Anderson could only help him. He would find the chemistry on this NCS team to be very beneficial to his style of play. There will be Caden Anderson, Zach Bledsoe, Reed Ammons and Conner Davidson all returning next year as Juniors. Kennedy could play his last two years at NCS along side these guys who have played together since 7th grade. This group won the TNT tournament as 8th graders. Russell Frazier is the type of kid who will get his shots and play defense no matter what the make-up on the floor is for his team. Just my opinion ...the addition of Kennedy would only make Frazier and the other guys on this NCS team better players. This team will be special before its all said and done. Either way, no matter where Kennedy ends up ...that school will get a very good basketball player.

And the recruiting begins for the Kennedy Kid!

Interesting choice of words there dave. What is your definition of recruiting when it comes to a player who is available to choose which school he wants to play his final 2yrs in high school for. This is a special situation that doesn't come along too often. A talented kid who can pick where he wants to finish high school. Of course that depends if he has the means to attend private school and include private as one of his options to public. If public he still needs to be zoned to that school I would think. Are there plenty of schools who would love to have this kid ...absolutely ...if making it clear your interested in this kid on a message board is recruiting then I would also say..."Let the recruitiing begin" ...but then again some people misunderstand that word and make it sound negative as though somethiing underhanded is taking place. Like "buying" a kid off and offering free tuition or reduced rates in return for him playing for them. Not all private schools can do that you know. But I don't want to start that "private vs public school" debate here again. Hope this Kennedy kid get to attend the best school for him and his family. I'll just leave it at that and wish him luck in his decision.

Interesting choice of words there dave. What is your definition of recruiting when it comes to a player who is available to choose which school he wants to play his final 2yrs in high school for. This is a special situation that doesn't come along too often. A talented kid who can pick where he wants to finish high school. Of course that depends if he has the means to attend private school and include private as one of his options to public. If public he still needs to be zoned to that school I would think. Are there plenty of schools who would love to have this kid ...absolutely ...if making it clear your interested in this kid on a message board is recruiting then I would also say..."Let the recruitiing begin" ...but then again some people misunderstand that word and make it sound negative as though somethiing underhanded is taking place. Like "buying" a kid off and offering free tuition or reduced rates in return for him playing for them. Not all private schools can do that you know. But I don't want to start that "private vs public school" debate here again. Hope this Kennedy kid get to attend the best school for him and his family. I'll just leave it at that and wish him luck in his decision.

Good post voldad, you couldn't have said it any less agressive, because it would've started a debate. Also, I wasn't saying that Givens scoring was important, only that he was the 2nd leading scorer, and that 13ppg is something that will be missed. Even though someone will step up and fill the gap next year.

Edited by NCSbballfan05

Good post voldad, you couldn't have said it any less agressive, because it would've started a debate. Also, I wasn't saying that Givens scoring was important, only that he was the 2nd leading scorer, and that 13ppg is something that will be missed. Even though someone will step up and fill the gap next year.

I agree someone will step up and take over those 13ppg next year. Davidson will probably be that person, but Anderson and Bledsoe could pick up their scoring at any time. Would be nice if all three could share the ball more next year.

:angry: Can you imagine the Kennedy dad and Charlie Anderson's egos at the same school. :D

But private schools don't recruit.

Hey NCS if your going to recruit get in D2 for crying out loud.

Talking about a player, and saying that you'd like him at your school isn't recruiting. I do know however that Kennedy visited NCS on Thursday, not because of "recruiting", but because Charlie Anderson is one of the best coaches. I do agree with you about the ego thing though. But don't start throwing the recruiting flag when there is no penalty on the play. There is enough whinning about private and public schools without you making false alligations!!

Edited by NCSbballfan05