Ejection for cursing,what is the rule?

necvol

It seems like I remember a new rule last year that if a player was heard cursing he would be banned for the rest of the season. Is this correct?

Germantown's star shortstop (Ole Miss signee) was ejected tonight for cursing the 1st base umpire. What are the consequences?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy news travels fast, just got home from the exciting Germantown 3-2 victory over USJ. There was NO profanity involved. I was right there at fence when it happened. Player evidently said something in disgust that the umpire viewed as a remark made to him, but guarantee you NO profanity.

It seems like I remember a new rule last year that if a player was heard cursing he would be banned for the rest of the season. Is this correct?

Germantown's star shortstop (Ole Miss signee) was ejected tonight for cursing the 1st base umpire. What are the consequences?

the rule and consequences as stated from TSSAA are that if any official hears a player or coach curse and can be heard by anyone close , then it is an automatic ejection, which carries a 2 game suspension. If an umpire hears a player say something under his breath then the ump may go over to him/her and give him a warning. Usually this will calm the player down and it will not happen again..There was an incident last year in the state tourn (A), though that still puzzles me.

A player(very important position) came accross first base and was called out, (correct call) then basically screamed a curse word or three. First base ump then did the right thing and ejected him. The plate ump came out and after listening to his coach cry long enough, allowed the player to remain in the game..BAD DECISION...think it cost him his job..somebody correct me if wrong..anyway, Tssaa told the coaches and umps that profanity will NOT be tolerated..I hope they enforce this..even words such as s-ck are unacceptable and I agree..no place in hs sports for that kind of language..

Clean it up,this is no place for that.

AMEN...If I were an umpire I would not tolerate any kind of foul language..Therer are a lot of kids in the crowd as well as family..That is no excuse to stop it, it just does not need to happen anyway..I would not allow my children to talk to anyone like that and am certainly not going to allow anybody else's little unmannerly brat to say them to me..A person who curses like that has little or no respect for themselves or anyone else..enough preaching.

Hey Necvol

Before you go spreading information about a kid or baseball game you should first know what you are talking about. First of all...As the umpire stated to Germantown's Head Coach Joey Nesbit..."Coach There was absolutely "NO PROFANITY". Secondly and by the way, have you read the incident report filed by the umpire?...Because if you had you would know that after the game the umpire agreed that in fact it probally wasn't the "Standout Player" that he heard yelling after the play and he is said to be putting that in the incident report. As it turns out it was one of the assisstant coaches responding to the close call at first base. The player happen to be walking towards the dugout with his back to the umpire when the assistant coach yelled out of the dugout (again, contrary to your reporting there was no profanity) at the umpire who by this time was out in short right field. The umpires response was to eject the first thing he could attach to the yelling and it was the "Germantown Standout Player". Thats how it went down I was there. My sugestion to you is, in the future before you go running off at the mouth about what you know nothing about you stop and think that maybe you don't have all of the facts.

AMEN...If I were an umpire I would not tolerate any kind of foul language..Therer are a lot of kids in the crowd as well as family..That is no excuse to stop it, it just does not need to happen anyway..I would not allow my children to talk to anyone like that and am certainly not going to allow anybody else's little unmannerly brat to say them to me..A person who curses like that has little or no respect for themselves or anyone else..enough preaching.

CUBCADET-

As my reply to necvol stated and the umpire comfirmed there was absolutely no profanity involved in this incident. The umpire felt that the yelling was getting a little to personal and he got the first numbered shirt he could see. The coach admitted at the time and after the game that it wasn't the player but the umpire was one of those that knows most everything and he wouldn't allow his dicision to be changed. He is a good umpire...In this case he missed it badly and the kid is paying the price for anothers actions. You tell me the umpire is out in short right field the player is at the steps of the dugout with his back to the field walking in front of the assistant coach who stands up on the upper step of the dugout and yells at the umpire... theres 18-red jerseys and the umpire ejects the player from the that distance...when the umpire comes in the coach goes up to the umpire and calmly tells him it was me not the player..The umpire who had a choice decided aganist that option. He was wrong...

Hey Necvol

Before you go spreading information about a kid or baseball game you should first know what you are talking about. First of all...As the umpire stated to Germantown's Head Coach Joey Nesbit..."Coach There was absolutely "NO PROFANITY". Secondly and by the way, have you read the incident report filed by the umpire?...Because if you had you would know that after the game the umpire agreed that in fact it probally wasn't the "Standout Player" that he heard yelling after the play and he is said to be putting that in the incident report. As it turns out it was one of the assisstant coaches responding to the close call at first base. The player happen to be walking towards the dugout with his back to the umpire when the assistant coach yelled out of the dugout (again, contrary to your reporting there was no profanity) at the umpire who by this time was out in short right field. The umpires response was to eject the first thing he could attach to the yelling and it was the "Germantown Standout Player". Thats how it went down I was there. My sugestion to you is, in the future before you go running off at the mouth about what you know nothing about you stop and think that maybe you don't have all of the facts.

Don't have a dog in this fight, but some of the locals standing on the first base side heard the F bomb dropped. If that was from the Assistant, then he needs to be gone for a while. Anyways, my question is this....whether or not the umpire agrees it "Probably" wasn't the star shortstop that said anything (I assume this means he is not sure himself now), he obviously heard something and ejected the player. Is that player now suspended for two games? Or is he "probably" going to appeal?