High School Coaches and AAU Teams

Can anyone tell me what circumstances a high school coach can coach a 11U, 12U or 13U AAU team? The case in question has it's middle school on the same grounds as the high school.

I have been told that since the middle school is on the high school grounds that it would be a violation for the high school coach to coach an AAU team with any of the middle schoolers on the team.

Can any of you clairify any of this? The TSSAA handbook doesn't seem to directly address it.

Thanks-

No one who works at the school, regardless of whether they are the coach or not can coach any player who would be eligible to participate in a varsity game. If you have a middle school and high school on the same campus, then that would make rising 8th graders (kids who just finished the 7th grade) eligible for varsity. You can coach them during your spring practice (10 practices and 2 scrimmages within 15 days).

Coaching eligible kids is a violation of the practice rule.

I've been told that as long as the 8th grader is not in the same building as the Varsity team they can be coached by the high school coach. I'm not sure about the campus queston. I would think if the 8th grader is under the same principal as the 9-12 players they would be unable to be coached by the high school coach.

8th graders cannot have spring practice with the varsity anyway unless they are under the same roof. But I might be wrong.....you might call TSSAA 889-6740.