West Tennessee dominates in Class A

tigertiger

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The West did have a good showing today in A ball. It helped that UC played Cloudland, who was easily the worst team I have ever seen in the state tournament in my years of attending. I believe Cosby is a bit overrated from what I had been told they were. However, don't want to take credit away from UC and Humboldt. Both teams looked very tough today, and I expect the two teams to meet in the finals. I do think Humboldt will get more than they expect from Grace on Friday though. UC should roll over Wayne Co.

From the first games today the West does own. I think Wayne Co. will be beaten by UC by 15-20...but i think Grace could give Humbolt a good game. Grace was ice cold today, so i wouldnt expect that same performance on Friday. And hopefully Humbolt got their shots out of their system and go cold.

I would like to hear from people who know Humbolt pretty well and saw them play today... how did they play today? Good? Great? Average?? What did they not do well today that they usually do well at?

Edited by RawRockKills

From the first games today the West does own. I think Wayne Co. will be beaten by UC by 15-20...but i think Grace could give Humbolt a good game. Grace was ice cold today, so i wouldnt expect that same performance on Friday. And hopefully Humbolt got their shots out of their system and go cold.

I would like to hear from people who know Humbolt pretty well and saw them play today... how did they play today? Good? Great? Average?? What did they not do well today that they usually do well at?

I am a Humboldt fan and attended tonight's game against Cosby. They looked average tonight, they played good, but not their best. However, their average game was good enough to beat Cosby by 20. The only thing that they did not do well was handle the ball. We were somewhat careless, but we nipped that in the butt after the game. And, they shoot like that every night; so, do not expect them to "go cold."

I am a Humboldt fan and attended tonight's game against Cosby. They looked average tonight, they played good, but not their best. However, their average game was good enough to beat Cosby by 20. The only thing that they did not do well was handle the ball. We were somewhat careless, but we nipped that in the butt after the game. And, they shoot like that every night; so, do not expect them to "go cold."

I will say that I have been impressed with the overall shooting at the state tournament so far. Usually, shooting gets worse inside the Murphy Center b/c people aren't used to shooting in an open space like that. Several teams have shot the ball well today. Maybe we are getting back to the fundamentals finally!

played average my butt....they hardly missed a shot...they played great tonight...dont play that card

West Tn had a good showing but... Lets be honest, give Cloudland their props, but they had no buisness being in the state tourny. Now Humboldt beating Cosby by that much was a little suprising. But when I thought about it, not really. Cosby depends on the 3 ball way to much, and you can depend on it at the boro. The Grace vs Humboldt game will be the game of the tourny. Top from east vs top from west. Should be a classic. Grace will have to play a more complete game to win. They had a solid second half but were cold in the first.

played average my butt....they hardly missed a shot...they played great tonight...dont play that card

No they did'nt play "great" tonite like he said they were average. Don't try and tell us when our own team is playing good, great, bad, or like a city league basketball team, because you haven't watched them all season like we have, we know what they are capable of.

Edited by VikingFan9