2006-2007 Rule Changes

TheGreatLineJudge

Here's the new stuff:

http://www.nfhs.org/scriptcontent/va_Custo...FOOT&NewsImage=

Looks, at the moment, to be mostly technical with definitions being made. Libero specifics are finally in place. Coaches can now stand in the libero replacement zone during a dead ball, but must be seated as soon as an official beckons for serve.

I've not seen the full rule, only the overview posted above, but it would appear that back-row blocking will only be called when a back-row blocker actually gets a piece of the ball. Don't quote me on that. But, read line 4 under "9-5-1c; 9-5-5"

Season begins August 21.

I admit that I was kind of hoping they would adopt the Libero serving rule as in NCAA. I also don't understand the "coach has to sit" rule but whatever...

I figure we'll come to that at some point. Before that happens, though, we've got to get everyone using libero or at least understanding it. We've also got to get a sufficient number of people trained to track the libero, and then have fun teaching them how to track libero serving. I would go out on a limb and say HS is at LEAST 3-4 years away from libero serving, if it comes through at all.

I'm not sure why the rule is in place for coaches to sit, but a rule is a rule, and it is therefore something that has to be enforced. :thumb:

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

Announcements