Lake County

bballchamps

Riverrat, I have saw your post and you make some interesting points. First lets address the schedule. An 8 team region which leaves 3 open dates. We can't help we have to play gleason, Greenfield, South Fulton, and others who were down last year. That is the hand delt. Second, we have three open dates, weeks 1, 3 and 5. Lake Co. has always traditionally played Fulton Co. KY , the closest game travel wise other than UC now, and Halls, former region foe who is a Falcon rival in Football and Basketball and always a good draw. That leaves week one. Lake Co. tried to schedule someone for week one but could not find an opponent, even called Brighton, and it looked as if the would have to go to week 0. The Falcons did not want to do that because in Barger's first two years they played in the Dyersburg Jamboree and played TCA both in week 0 and it did not work out well. So Byhalia called LC, looking for a game and we did not know anything about them other than they were AAA in Ms and chose to play them so we could have 10 games. It is nice to say schedule up but scheduling goes both ways the other team has to agree to play and a bigger school may not play you because, a. fear of losing to a smaller school or b. they want to schedule up themselves. As far as beating quality teams goes you can LC has not beat quality teams and if you are basing that on last year's records alone you may be right, but if you go on tradition and history I would disagree. I think the point about WC and having some coaching was a little off base. Coach Rich does a good job and was 2003 and 2004 region champ with loses in the playoffs to JCS in close games. Finally, as for Coach Barger padding his record, you could not be farther from the truth. He does not have to say anything about his coaching ability the turnaround at LC says enough. Look closely, how many winning seasons did the falcons have from 1996 to 2003? How many have they had in Barger's 3 years? with the exception of one or two teams they played basically the same opponents. Finally, I am sure every coach has his detractors, If I remember correctly, many were about ready to run Coach Fishel, who is a fine man and coach I may add, out of town in Union City until this year. People were expecting a turnaround with the hire of a new coach at LC, they got that now they want more. I bet Coach Barger would rather have people fussing about winning the big game than fussing about or hoping they just win one game!! I know which type of pressure I want. riverrat, to finish if you would like to discuss LC's upcoming season, stop by the fieldhouse anytime from 1:15 in the afternoon to 5:00 monday thru Thursday, and Coach B would be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Edited by wardawg2038

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crow, I understand they may not be helping get ready for the big game. My point was that LC plays them because they are close and traditionally the Falcons and Pilots have played. You are absolutely right that every one should lay low and let the talking be done with the pads. It is scary when you and I agree on some things and that happens every now and then :thumb: Good luck to the Tornadoes this year and I hope they do well with the exception of one team on their schedule. :D

Just for the record i am not coach bargers brother. But i do have my two cents worth to put in! I understand that LAKE COUNTY did NOT have much of a winning record before coach barger got there and they are winning some games now and the riverrat is drinking HATERADE! Well this is davids fourth upcoming season and my opnion is LAKE COUNTY will have more kid out for the team this year than in last five years,They will be stronger than in past years and will have more depth! The reason i go out on a limb and say this is , I know david barger,and the david barger i know will never give up and he will do whatever it takes to get his boys better. Lake county has not been expected to win in the past,So now they are getting things turned around some Scrooge has to try and Hate on them well thats all well and good that will make david and his boys work harder (and you know this mannnnnnnnn) :thumb: P S you still are making the folks back home proud! :D

Who has Lake County beat? It seems this came up last year after they were put out in the first round. The case can be made again going into this years season.

Who they beat

Byhalia, MS record 0-10

Fulton, KY record 6-5 (the only team they beat with a winning record, lol they got put out in first round too)

West Carroll record 5-6(case could be made they could be decent with some coaching, one of the largest schools in 1A)

Halls record 2-9

Greenfield record 1-9

South Fulton record 3-7

Gleason record 4-6

Bruceton record 4-6

Total record of: 25-58 and none of the 25 wins against decent teams

Who they lost to:

Union City record 11-4 (losses to Westview, Milan, Obion County, and state champ TC) don't give me any crap about dropping down, they were senior laden and will struggle this yearto maintain reign

McKenzie record 8-4 probably the weakest team Lake County lost too(losses to Trenton, Huntingdon{Region Champ 7-2A}, Union City{Region Champ 7-1A}, and Jackson Christian{Region Champ 8-1A})they couldn't play a lick of defense evidently LakeCounty couldn't either sickening game from a defensive perspective both ways

Fayette Academy record 8-4 (losses to St. Benedict pitiful private school, JCS {Region Champ 8-1A}, Harding Academy, Union City{Region Champ 7-1A}) will probably be the team to beat in 8-1A in 2006

Total Record: 27-12 more wins than the rest of Lake County's schedule combined

This shows historically speaking (last two years) Lake County has not beaten anyone worthy of mention. It does demonstrate that Coach Barger is both very good at scheduling to pad his record(or boost team confidence hard to tell which) AND exiting the playoffs in the first round.

In order to be considered a top team schedule some top teams and beat or play them close. A close loss to a Westview or Huntingdon is far better than beating up on out of conference cupcakes.

-2006 prediction regional runnerup (don't celebrate West TN 1A will be down next year)

-1st round win against TCA

-2nd round loss vs. guess who Fayette Academy

You have the athletes just look at what other "successful" programs do when you make out your non region schedule in 07. Or don't and I or someone else will tell you how poor you are at 10-2 and put out by Fayette Academy again, and again.

Riverat if you are from UC I got a few words for you.. Don't worry about who lake county plays or how good their oppents are!! As long as they are winning it don't matter who they are playing! It sounds to me like you are jealous and scard that lc might come beat that 2a school ya have over there and hurt ya's feelings a little bit. And if i was coach barger i wouldnt take out the starters until the buzzer went off in the fourth quarter!! I hope LC runs ya off the field and then we will see how much you want to put down LAKE COUNTY FOOTBALL TEAM AND COACH BARGER!!! PS YOU NEED TO WORRY BOUT REPLACING ALL THOSE SENIORS YA ARE LOSING CAUSE YA FIXN BE IN TROUBLE!!!

Riverat if you are from UC I got a few words for you.. Don't worry about who lake county plays or how good their oppents are!! As long as they are winning it don't matter who they are playing! It sounds to me like you are jealous and scard that lc might come beat that 2a school ya have over there and hurt ya's feelings a little bit. And if i was coach barger i wouldnt take out the starters until the buzzer went off in the fourth quarter!! I hope LC runs ya off the field and then we will see how much you want to put down LAKE COUNTY FOOTBALL TEAM AND COACH BARGER!!! PS YOU NEED TO WORRY BOUT REPLACING ALL THOSE SENIORS YA ARE LOSING CAUSE YA FIXN BE IN TROUBLE!!!

Don't tell me people are gonna talk trash again this year. I guess it'll be on here untill LC beats UC like they were going to last year.

What "2a school ya have over there" are you talking about????

Union City had 391 students enrolled in 9-12 as of the Tuesday before the basketball team left for Murfreesboro.....Get off the 2A talk it's real old....

And as bad as UC was needing a win last year after 2 losses to open the season,when UC was up on the mighty Falcons and there 21 returning seniors at Tiptonville 37-0,Fishell called off the dogs or they would have beaten them 50-0....

Just for the record i am not coach bargers brother. But i do have my two cents worth to put in! I understand that LAKE COUNTY did NOT have much of a winning record before coach barger got there and they are winning some games now and the riverrat is drinking HATERADE! Well this is davids fourth upcoming season and my opnion is LAKE COUNTY will have more kid out for the team this year than in last five years,They will be stronger than in past years and will have more depth! The reason i go out on a limb and say this is , I know david barger,and the david barger i know will never give up and he will do whatever it takes to get his boys better. Lake county has not been expected to win in the past,So now they are getting things turned around some Scrooge has to try and Hate on them well thats all well and good that will make david and his boys work harder (and you know this mannnnnnnnn) :huh: P S you still are making the folks back home proud! ;)

Man that Haterade really tastes awful !!!!!

But, you know that Lake Co has the stuff, and we are really proud of DB for the great job he is doing.

Hope he brings it back home some day to BC....You are the one.....

Polecat

Man that Haterade really tastes awful !!!!!

But, you know that Lake Co has the stuff, and we are really proud of DB for the great job he is doing.

Hope he brings it back home some day to BC....You are the one.....

Polecat

He will not make his way back home................

and why should he? Lake Co. is the place.

RIGHT COACH..........

Time to stir the fires a little again, topic has begun to smolder. You guys are great though. I am just trying to rattle your chains. Don't let me upset you. After all my opinions are just that, opinions that vary in strength and conviction, and are no more or less important than yours. I heard a wise man say once that opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one, and they are all full of ______.

Coach Barger is a 'good' coach. Lake County is a 'good program', but in my humble full of ______ opinion Lake County will not and cannot go "deep"(Quarter Finals+) in the playoffs or win the region until they get their oil checked by teams outside of their region. Winning gives confidence. A strong showing against quality programs gives something to build and learn from. Now I guess you run the risk of being taken to the woodshed and having team confidence shot for the season. Maybe when Coach Barger thinks you have reached the next level you could play an Obion County, a Dyersburg, a Gibson County, or a Crockett County.

That last sentence probably made you think about how BIG those schools are and how in a perfect world if you did not have to play all the 2A schools and private schools playing 1A ball you would win a State Championship. Excellent I am glad you thought that LOL. Enough of the opinions here are some facts on what some of you have been saying about UC. Someone said that UC has 442 kids and that looks to be correct judging by the #'s off the TSSAA website. You say I told you so, trap set.

Alright lets talk hypotheticals. Lets say the T$$AA reclassified each year according to the numbers. So lets look at the numbers they used for the original classification and I put some of the changes for West TN:

1A Schools Original # Latest #'s

Tennessee School for the Deaf 72

Oakdale 141.05

Greenfield 153.8028 161

Gleason 162.85 207

Red Boiling Springs 183.05

* Temple 183.6

Copper Basin 189.2

* Grace Academy of Knoxville 192.6

Sunbright 198.05

Coalfield 199.35

White House-Heritage 211.8

South Fulton 212.8 288

* Mt. Juliet Christian 217.8

* Clarksville Academy 217.8

* Zion Christian 225

South Pittsburg 227.85

Lookout Valley 232.35

HR Bruceton Central 239.6 233

Cornersville 241.8

Lake Co. 245.2422 224

Greenback 247.9

Huntland 249.75

Midway 253.169

Cloudland 253.1913

Clay Co. 257.7381

Eagleville 266.3739

* Trinity Christian 271.8 131(235.8)

Moore Co. 279

Wayne Co. 279.5878

Jo Byrns 293.173

* Nashville Christian 293.4

* Grace Baptist 307.8

Gordonsville 310.6179

McEwen 311.55

Watertown 319.3

Collinwood 334.3424

Forrest 335.6

Manassas 336.05 386

* Columbia 340.2

* Friendship Christian 340.2

Whitwell 351.8

Harriman 352.9308

Middleton 354.7013 339

Monterey 356.1

Jellico 357.75

Halls 360.75 361

Unaka 361.8948

Mt. Pleasant 364.15

Trousdale Co. 366.3893

McKenzie 366.45 433

Oneida 366.5777

Perry Co. 367.2638

* Jackson Christian 370.8 223(401.4)

Cascade 375.025

West Carroll 378.95 304

* Fayette Academy 390.6 225(405)

Union City 391.35 442

Hampton 393.4566

Cosby 394.9

Sorry the numbers do not line up perfectly but you get the idea. Now I did not look at middle and east TN school changes to much work for a hypothetical. Besides I might be skewing it my way just to attack everybodies program(or just bored as heck going through football withdrawal). You decide and back it up with FACTS to put this #'s thing to rest. Alright a quick look reveals that Union City, Fayette Academy, JCS, and Mckenzie are to BIG to be 1A. That is four that have to move up lets see who in 2A could move down(because that is how it works right).

Bottom 9 in 2A Original # Latest #'s

Peabody High School 399.2832 428

North Greene High School 407.3961

Alcoa High School 410.7 386

Houston Co. High School 411.5636

East Robertson High School 412.3

Rockwood High School 412.6593

Huntingdon High School 414.45 396

Dresden High School 414.8547 384

Decatur Co. Riverside High School 416.85 501

As it says the bottom schools in 2A from the original #s. So who moves down? First Dresden at 384 (some seem to think as a shot at a plyoff run with their sophomore QB and senior RB), Alcoa (defending back to back 2A state champ bet that pisses Trousdale off LOL), Huntingdon at 396(a school with tradition of winning and the #1 prospect in FB returning for senior year). So JCS stays and the other three go. Congratulations! You just got three patsies in 1A, LOL. Be careful what you wish for. Please do not make a hypothetical on top of a hypothetical about region alignment. I am bordering on absurd for spending the time to come up with this and were it to happen you would play one of them in the second round at the latest anyway.

I just follow west tn football and have had a couple of slow nights and decided to show how brillian and prophetic I am, LOL. You just happened to be the victim who knows who may be next. For all you know I could be from Lake County. Isn't anonymity grand.

Full of ________ signing off.

Good night.

Edited by riverrat106

riverrat, you obviously are very intelligent. I do believe before Barger got there they were 0-10 and playing the same people. fayette was a Very good team who lost to the state runner up 6-0. I think you may have a personal problem with Lake or Coach Barger. If you do be a real man and address it in person or keep your mouth shut. I am his brother and I coach at Cannon County. I am also trying to build a program that was in shambles. If you are not a part of Lake County football you need not post.

Oh so if u dont like LC u cant post on this board who died and made u king and i feel that riverrats thoughts are totally correct and futher more i would like to say that just b/c someone speaks the truth about LC that doesnt mean they dislike them and i would also like to mention that i was a member of the 22 seniors from UC and i wish that coach had left us in and ran the score up so high that all of u people from LC would not even want to look at a football much less talk about how ur next season will be