Lake County

bballchamps

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falcons have some work to be done in Spring Practice but with a good attitude and work ethic they should be a solid ball club again next year. They must replace Lemonds at FB/DE and Leinweber at G/DE, both Bethel Signees, but return 6 starters to the offensive side and 7 on defense. Most skill players return with Yancy at TB, Copelin at TE, Valentine at WR and let's not forget Springer at QB. Hopefully with a strong spring and summer the Falcons will continue their forward progress and have another good year.

Edited by wardawg2038

I am sure coach has a trick or two up his sleeve. As long as he keeps running that "UP THE MIDDLE" play he will be okay. It is the mid line for fans that don't understand. Good Luck Falcons and keep running the best play in football because it will win you a region championship next year if the kids want it bad enough. Livingston ran the option. So did many other great teams. Continue with the best offense in the game.

Who has Lake County beat? It seems this came up last year after they were put out in the first round. The case can be made again going into this years season.

Who they beat

Byhalia, MS record 0-10

Fulton, KY record 6-5 (the only team they beat with a winning record, lol they got put out in first round too)

West Carroll record 5-6(case could be made they could be decent with some coaching, one of the largest schools in 1A)

Halls record 2-9

Greenfield record 1-9

South Fulton record 3-7

Gleason record 4-6

Bruceton record 4-6

Total record of: 25-58 and none of the 25 wins against decent teams

Who they lost to:

Union City record 11-4 (losses to Westview, Milan, Obion County, and state champ TC) don't give me any crap about dropping down, they were senior laden and will struggle this yearto maintain reign

McKenzie record 8-4 probably the weakest team Lake County lost too(losses to Trenton, Huntingdon{Region Champ 7-2A}, Union City{Region Champ 7-1A}, and Jackson Christian{Region Champ 8-1A})they couldn't play a lick of defense evidently LakeCounty couldn't either sickening game from a defensive perspective both ways

Fayette Academy record 8-4 (losses to St. Benedict pitiful private school, JCS {Region Champ 8-1A}, Harding Academy, Union City{Region Champ 7-1A}) will probably be the team to beat in 8-1A in 2006

Total Record: 27-12 more wins than the rest of Lake County's schedule combined

This shows historically speaking (last two years) Lake County has not beaten anyone worthy of mention. It does demonstrate that Coach Barger is both very good at scheduling to pad his record(or boost team confidence hard to tell which) AND exiting the playoffs in the first round.

In order to be considered a top team schedule some top teams and beat or play them close. A close loss to a Westview or Huntingdon is far better than beating up on out of conference cupcakes.

-2006 prediction regional runnerup (don't celebrate West TN 1A will be down next year)

-1st round win against TCA

-2nd round loss vs. guess who Fayette Academy

You have the athletes just look at what other "successful" programs do when you make out your non region schedule in 07. Or don't and I or someone else will tell you how poor you are at 10-2 and put out by Fayette Academy again, and again.

coach barger is a fine young coach. with the talent returning combined with his coaching skills sounds like Lake Co. could be contenders. ;)

Edited by riverrat106

riverrat, you obviously are very intelligent. I do believe before Barger got there they were 0-10 and playing the same people. fayette was a Very good team who lost to the state runner up 6-0. I think you may have a personal problem with Lake or Coach Barger. If you do be a real man and address it in person or keep your mouth shut. I am his brother and I coach at Cannon County. I am also trying to build a program that was in shambles. If you are not a part of Lake County football you need not post.

riverrat, you obviously are very intelligent. I do believe before Barger got there they were 0-10 and playing the same people. fayette was a Very good team who lost to the state runner up 6-0. I think you may have a personal problem with Lake or Coach Barger. If you do be a real man and address it in person or keep your mouth shut. I am his brother and I coach at Cannon County. I am also trying to build a program that was in shambles. If you are not a part of Lake County football you need not post.

It doesn't matter if you are Coach Barger's brother or not,the post you replied to was a very well thought out post....It seemed to me that the poster was more of a UC fan(maybe,maybe not)but it's not up to you to tell the poster he/she can post on this thread or not....

As far as Lake Co goes,they HAVE come a long way and Barger is the reason for it...He is a fine young coach...I got to see him up close last spring when they came to Troy to scrimmage the OC Rebels....He is very animated and you can tell he is passionate about his program....They will contend for the Region title this season...His main competition(UC)will have to be down,losing as many seniors as they did...Could very well be the year of the Falcon in Region 7-1A.....