Marshall County 06

zorroschild

Guest catfish-hunter

On the other hand, what if these names are proven to be true? :thumb:

I'm filing a LAWSUIT against you buddy. Run and hide while you still can :rolleyes:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could honestly care less if he is staying in Marshall Co. OR if he's finished in Marshall Co. The issue here is not about me wanting WJ out of Lewisburg. That's just plain stupid seeing as how I currently live in Clarksville and grew up in Cheatham County. Like I have already said a million times on this topic WJ is not a terrible COACH. His records in the past don't lie, whether he used ineligible players or not, and I don't suspect that's going to change this upcoming season either. With playmakers like Gower, Hightower, O'Neal, and Hurt returning to the gridiron this fall it's obvious Marshall Co. has the potential to contend with Lipscomb for a Region 5-3A Championship (I have them in 2nd in my Preseason Predictions).

The issue at hand here is his honesty. ELA you're absolutely correct in saying that you and I are close friends on this website.

Legal Issue?????????????????????????

That would be a very cowardly thing to do seeing as how on this website there is negative things being posted about people everyday. I have been known from time-to-time to get bashed and called out on this website. Does that mean that the next time someone calls me out on something that they disagree with me on and uses words such as "idiot" OR "moron" that I can take a file a lawsuit against that particular person for slander?????? Maybe everybody ought to do that every time someone hurts someone else's feelings on here <_<

Catfish... I started to send this to you through the PM or E-mail, but I think we all need to understand why I made it public in the other thread.

I do not know WJ personally so I can't say what he or anyone else would do... but there are at least two other statewide websites like CoachT (other states) where head coaches were called out and/or several threads were used to bash coaches to the point where they lost employment. They sued, and it cost both the person making the allegations, the website, and in one case, the company hosting the site, legal expenses. I don’t think the coaches won the lawsuits but that doesn’t really matter. If you are out the money to go to court and hire attorneys, then it’s not worth it in my book!

I am just asking any one who makes allegations to be careful! I do not want to see any of you having to hire an attorney at $175 an hour! Every word you are saying may be 100% true but one can never be to cautious when it comes to libel and slander lawsuits.

You guys know I support coaches and try to do things to make our profession better. After many years in this business, I can honestly say that good things come to those who work hard and play by the rules and those who cheat will get caught down the road.

It's like Rodney King said (the one time when he wasn't high or drunk), "Can't we all just get along?" <_<

Guest catfish-hunter

I won't say a word about WJ anymore (after this post) because what I predicted on this situation came true. I had him going to PC but that was botched in the end. Coaches are gone from Lewisburg and they did not leave happy with the head coach. False statements were on an application and ineligable players were later played at that same school. There's no sense in hiding that the false statements were about supposedly being an offensive coordinator at Lebanon when in fact nothing was further from the truth. Oh Well <_< Maybe he knew about playing ineligable players then again maybe he didn't. I do know that if he reads CoachT as much as you all hope that he does then he had to know about the rumors that his kids were illegal. They've been all over this site now for the last two years. Two years of accusations is what forced the TSSAA to investigate, PERIOD!!!!!

Is William Johnson going to be the coach at Marshall Co. this upcoming fall????? YES!!!! Was he not interested in the PC job as he claimed to be to Tigers supporters (ie voiceofrockets)????? NO!!! He met several times with Fitzgerald to talk about coming to PC and even sent in his application to Metro AD Scott Brunette. In the end he was not certified nor trusted (because an un-named source ratted him out to Fitz) therefore he was denied the opportunity to get the job. WJ is in Lewisburg coaching not because it's the popular choice but because it's his only choice. How many schools in the state do you all know that are looking to hire a guy who has been labeled by everyone as being a "cheater"??????

Is that bad for Marshall Co. NO WAY!!!! Do I think that they could have done better conducting last year's job search???? ABSOLUTELY!!! Johnson must know a thing or two about coaching. Three players did not win 23-GAMES in two years at Stratford playing in a region that included the likes of PC, White House, Whites Creek, and Maplewood. Johnson's coaching ability, which has never once been criticized by me in any way whatsoever, must be pretty good. Last year everyone had Marshall Co. down and out as far as the playoffs were concerned but by year's end they beat a Clarksville team that took Whites Creek to the limit to open the playoffs. They beat Page despite the fact that Josh McMurray ran for 300+ yards and 5TD's that night. They scored more points against the David Lipscomb defense than any other team that the Mustangs played. Finally, after Giles Co. upset Creek Wood and rolled into the season finale as a team that was supposedly gonna be playoff bound Marshall Co. beat them when the season was on the line for both teams. Giles was coached by Tim Johnson, who BGA hurried to get at season's end, and I don't think anyone will deny whether or not he can coach this game.

On WJ's behalf, he can coach this sport and nobody can deny that fact. Again for the thousandth time in this post, WILLIAM JOHNSON IS A GOOD FOOTBALL COACH. Being a good football coach is not the issue on this thread. Has Johnson lied to get jobs or lied to people about trying to "explore his options" (as coaches like to say)?????? Has Johnson ever played ineligable players AND KNOWN ABOUT THE FACT THAT PLAYERS WERE INELIGABLE WHILE THEY WERE STILL PLAYING????????????

Answer that one for yourself folks because I'll still agree with what drwhoknows said on here back in January (those weren't my words ELA) which were the words I quoted in my first post on this thread. Did I start this thread?????? Look at the topic starter to find that one out for yourselves folks. I am one of many to respond on this issue and for some reason I (THAT WOULD BE ME ALONE) am being made out to be the lone bad guy here.

Edited by catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

WJ played several ineligible players during his two years at Stratford. The A.D. should have checked the eligibility before it was turned in. Stratford also gets players from East Lit since they don't have football and no inquiries were ever made as to their eligibility. I guess he just "asked" them if they were eligible. Ask him about how he put down on his resume that he was a cordinator when he was really just a position coach. Ask him to account for the funds that he "raised" in Lewisburg.

Coach Fitzgerald has run a great program for years. His kids act with class. When Johnson was at Stratford he had a bunch of thugs out there. The police and school administrators had to get on the field to restore order after they were put out of the playoffs by Hillwood last year. Several had to be restrained. This from a game that was not even close. It is not like Hillwood beat them at the buzzer or anything. Classless players led by a liar and a cheat.

Did he go 22-3? On the field, yes. After the forfeits for the ineligible players you would have to reverse those numbers. You can bend the rules, but you cannot ignore them.

Look at the date of that post and you'll clearly see what I have been talking about ELA <_<

Guest catfish-hunter

There have been a total of 5 THREADS started since Maurice Fitzgerald resigned as the head coach at Pearl-Cohn mentioning William Johnson's name. I started two of the five threads. Those threads go as follows:

"Marshall County 06" (Topic Started By zorroschild): PAGE 1

"What about Coach Booth?" (Topic Started By manyfaces33): PAGE 4

"Stratford" (Topic Started By bigchief): can be found on the 4A-5A-DII Forum

"Pearl-Cohn Coaching Search" (My Topic): PAGE 2

"Maurice Fitzgerald resigns as head football coach at Pearl-Cohn" (My Topic): PAGE 5

I challenge William Johnson, CoachT, any of the moderators, or anyone else who views this website to check any of those topics. You will find many who have either called Johnson out for leaving Marshall Co. (some said Antioch and others PC) as well as lying on his application about being a coordinator at Lebanon OR cheating at Stratford by playing ineligable kids.

I'm now finished with this topic so if you wanna take a cheap shot anyone now is your opportunity because I won't respond anymore to this thread since I am now the "CoachT Criminal" :thumb:

There have been a total of 5 THREADS started since Maurice Fitzgerald resigned as the head coach at Pearl-Cohn mentioning William Johnson's name. I started two of the five threads. Those threads go as follows:

"Marshall County 06" (Topic Started By zorroschild): PAGE 1

"What about Coach Booth?" (Topic Started By manyfaces33): PAGE 4

"Stratford" (Topic Started By bigchief): can be found on the 4A-5A-DII Forum

"Pearl-Cohn Coaching Search" (My Topic): PAGE 2

"Maurice Fitzgerald resigns as head football coach at Pearl-Cohn" (My Topic): PAGE 5

I challenge William Johnson, CoachT, any of the moderators, or anyone else who views this website to check any of those topics. You will find many who have either called Johnson out for leaving Marshall Co. (some said Antioch and others PC) as well as lying on his application about being a coordinator at Lebanon OR cheating at Stratford by playing ineligable kids.

I'm now finished with this topic so if you wanna take a cheap shot anyone now is your opportunity because I won't respond anymore to this thread since I am now the "CoachT Criminal" :thumb:

Catfish... you are good man! I have never crossed you on anything that I know of and I have enjoyed all of your comments on every post. I think you may have taken my suggestions in the wrong way and it could be my fault. Sometimes I don't come across in the right way...

You are certainly welcome to post any thing you want on this site... All I have tried to say is be careful. That's it... just be careful.

Please don't take this personal because I do believe you have been on top of this story since the start. Again, you are a good man and I hope you can understand where I am coming from...

Keep posting and stay safe.