Marshall County 06

zorroschild

To any and all MC fans. Don't respond to this thread, it is going nowhere and will do nothing for the present admin.

Leave this for those who are wannabe's.

WJ isn't the first coach to play inellgible players and he won't be the last. Gallatin supposedly did a few years ago and I don't remeber their coach getting tried by a jury of coacht members. He and his former school have paid the price for what they did and now life goes on. I will guarantee anyone who reads this that he won't play anyone at MC that isn't elgible. The lady that runs MCHS is a tough cookie and she knows everything that goes on in that school and he will never get that by her.

Someone refresh my memory.........did Gallatin self-report the ineligible players?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catfish… I would like to think that you and I are CoachT friends… and I know you have been on this story from the start, but please don’t get yourself in a legal struggle with Coach Johnson. No one on this board has more reason to be upset if this were true than I because He and I were both finalists for the Stratford HS job when he was selected and again, we were both in the hunt for Marshall Co when he got that one. So I do care what happened and what happens in the future at both of these schools; having said that, I do not know if anyone has proven that he did this on purpose (I could be dead wrong).

Yes, it is the head coach’s responsibility to make sure that every boy on his team is living inside the school zone, is academically eligible, and meets all the other criteria for being eligible to play football at his school. But there is a huge difference between a man who decides to “bend the rules” knowing full well that he is lying on the form and someone who is just lazy and does not check to make sure everything checks out. IN either case, he is wrong for not doing the paperwork correctly and that alone warrants the fines and loss of games… but to take the leap to suggest that HE IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT may be just over-the-top.

You and I know each other from this website. We have talked on many occasions about these jobs and others in Middle Tennessee. As one professional to another… we just need to watch the tone of our rhetoric. Everything you have alleged may be in fact true, but we all need to watch what we say and how we say it. Right now, there are about 70-85 boys at MCHS that must strap on their gear and go to war for this man in the fall! It is up to the local principal and school board to rehire him this summer. If they decide to keep him on staff then we all need to let him climb out of the hole that he and his former staff have created.

I don’t know coach personally but I can honestly say that if this was a mistake it could happen to any of us who serve as head football coaches. If you or I were in his shoes, I would hope and pray that my community would give me a second chance and I would work like HADES to make it right!

COPY OF MY POST FROM STARTFORD THREAD

zorroschild, it has nothing to do with just listening to what I want. I am very objective. In fact, I know no one in the area for I am from out of state. I think the best thing for me to do is to form my own opinion of each person I meet. I was interested in other opinions, but I always take them with a grain of salt. You, of everyone else, seem to be in attack mode. I respect everyone's right to the way they feel, but that does not mean I have to feel the same.

Thanks to everyone on giving me some info. I look forward to being on the sidelines next year against some of you (and possibly with some of you).

Catfish… I would like to think that you and I are CoachT friends… and I know you have been on this story from the start, but please don’t get yourself in a legal struggle with Coach Johnson. No one on this board has more reason to be upset if this were true than I because He and I were both finalists for the Stratford HS job when he was selected and again, we were both in the hunt for Marshall Co when he got that one. So I do care what happened and what happens in the future at both of these schools; having said that, I do not know if anyone has proven that he did this on purpose (I could be dead wrong).

Yes, it is the head coach’s responsibility to make sure that every boy on his team is living inside the school zone, is academically eligible, and meets all the other criteria for being eligible to play football at his school. But there is a huge difference between a man who decides to “bend the rules” knowing full well that he is lying on the form and someone who is just lazy and does not check to make sure everything checks out. IN either case, he is wrong for not doing the paperwork correctly and that alone warrants the fines and loss of games… but to take the leap to suggest that HE IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT may be just over-the-top.

You and I know each other from this website. We have talked on many occasions about these jobs and others in Middle Tennessee. As one professional to another… we just need to watch the tone of our rhetoric. Everything you have alleged may be in fact true, but we all need to watch what we say and how we say it. Right now, there are about 70-85 boys at MCHS that must strap on their gear and go to war for this man in the fall! It is up to the local principal and school board to rehire him this summer. If they decide to keep him on staff then we all need to let him climb out of the hole that he and his former staff have created.

I don’t know coach personally but I can honestly say that if this was a mistake it could happen to any of us who serve as head football coaches. If you or I were in his shoes, I would hope and pray that my community would give me a second chance and I would work like HADES to make it right!

COPY OF MY POST FROM STARTFORD THREAD

Are you trying to promote yourself just in case WJ doesn't make it another year. Do you think this will help you get the Marshall Co. job if it were to come open? I would rather here catfish's rhetoric because it is genuine. It may lack tact, but it is genuine and that is more than I can sy for you ELA!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Enough on this!! I hope someone closes the thread. WJ is the coach and he will be the coach for awhile. If they win, and they will, he won't be run off!

sorry catfish, he is there to stay.

As far as ELA you need to worry about NC football and not about WJ.

No, not at all. I hope the guy bounces back!

You guys have totally misread what I was saying...

Most of my comments were directed to my young friend catfish and any one else who has been on this story for several months.

Yes, I love Southern Middle TN but I am very happy right where I am… thanks. There have been positions that I could have applied for near there and didn't... my concern has nothing to do with what you suggest!

If you guys have ever read anything I have written on CoachT, you will know that I tend to take up for my fellow coaches. If you reread what I wrote you will see that is the case here too.

Anyway… we will monitor this thread and if it gets out of hand, we will lock it too.

Edited by ELA

How are things in NC ELA? I agree with you. I had a run in with WJ in the spring. I personally did not like him but I will support what is right. I think people use this site to bash and trash too much. I, too, have been guilty of that in the past but I have tried to redeem myself. He screwed up and it has been brought to the surface. Please remind these people of the good old days where if there was a problem people would work it out face to face and not on the net. Good Luck next year ELA and Good Luck to Marshall Co.

No, not at all. I hope the guy bounces back!

You guys have totally misread what I was saying...

Most of my comments were directed to my young friend catfish and any one else who has been on this story for several months.

Yes, I love Southern Middle TN but I am very happy right where I am… thanks. There have been positions that I could have applied for near there and didn't... my concern has nothing to do with what you suggest!

If you guys have ever read anything I have written on CoachT, you will know that I tend to take up for my fellow coaches. If you reread what I wrote you will see that is the case here too.

Anyway… we will monitor this thread and if it gets out of hand, we will lock it too.

If I misunderstood what you meant, then I am sorry. I do like people who take up for other coaches. I've done that myself on here before.

How are things in NC ELA? I agree with you. I had a run in with WJ in the spring. I personally did not like him but I will support what is right. I think people use this site to bash and trash too much. I, too, have been guilty of that in the past but I have tried to redeem myself. He screwed up and it has been brought to the surface. Please remind these people of the good old days where if there was a problem people would work it out face to face and not on the net. Good Luck next year ELA and Good Luck to Marshall Co.

Thanks Coach... I hope things are going well with you! I thought for a while you might have been headed east :unsure:

My son may be joining me in NC this summer and we are putting together a new staff. I have over 120 kids in the program now (772 in the school). Not bad for a 2A football program (we have four classes for the regular season but split into eight for the playoffs).

If I misunderstood what you meant, then I am sorry. I do like people who take up for other coaches. I've done that myself on here before.

Coaches have to stick together whenever we can! I don't know the man at all but we have met twice. I can't make a judgement based on that... and I'm sure we have all made mistakes on paperwork. I would hate to be judged based on how well I did my paperwork. One thing is for sure, he had two great seasons at Stratford.

I have some friends that I respect who are saying some of the negative things about the man. The only reason I stuck my nose in it this time was to ask everyone to tone down the rhetoric. I do not want CoachT or my friends in a civil lawsuit because of what has been said on here... it's just not worth it!

I think we can all have our play calling questioned from time to time but these matters are ones that cause people to lose their jobs and it hurts their programs. If I had to guess, I would think that the people in L-town are going to give the man another year or two to turn that program around.

Edited by ELA

Guest catfish-hunter

sorry catfish, he is there to stay.

I could honestly care less if he is staying in Marshall Co. OR if he's finished in Marshall Co. The issue here is not about me wanting WJ out of Lewisburg. That's just plain stupid seeing as how I currently live in Clarksville and grew up in Cheatham County. Like I have already said a million times on this topic WJ is not a terrible COACH. His records in the past don't lie, whether he used ineligable players or not, and I don't suspect that's going to change this upcoming season either. With playmakers like Gower, Hightower, O'Neal, and Hurt returning to the gridiron this fall it's obvious Marshall Co. has the potential to contend with Lipscomb for a Region 5-3A Championship (I have them in 2nd in my Preseason Predictions).

The issue at hand here is his honesty. ELA you're absolutely correct in saying that you and I are close friends on this website.

Legal Isuue?????????????????????????

That would be a very cowardly thing to do seeing as how on this website there is negative things being posted about people everyday. I have been known from time-to-time to get bashed and called out on this website. Does that mean that the next time someone calls me out on something that they disagree with me on and uses words such as "idiot" OR "moron" that I can take a file a lawsuit against that particular person for slander?????? Maybe everybody ought to do that everytime someone hurts someone else's feelings on here :rolleyes: