Marshall County 06

zorroschild

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone give the Tigers a chance to be .500 in 06?

Is there anyway possible Johnson can earn back the respect of next years team after they now know he cheated at Stratford? He now has to start from ground zero credibility wise.

Maybe you should ask catfish, since he was WJ's agent and public relation guy.

Guest catfish-hunter

Maybe you should ask catfish, since he was WJ's agent and public relation guy.

1.) I am not a WJ supporter genius.

2.) Anyone with half a brain, that would exclude you two mental midgets, would realize I wasn't a WJ fan by when I started the thread about how he cheated at Stratford more than TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!!!

3.) Why did that thread get erased???? Ask CoachT?????

4.) Marshall Co. will be above .500 next year, despite having a moron on the sidelines, because they have the talent to beat many teams on their schedule.

5.) It was drwhoknows who said it best a while back when he referred to Stratford's teams in '03-'04 as being "classless players led by a liar and a cheat". Despite the fact that they will win games based on talent alone I will say that Marshall Co. made a serious mistake with this hire and it is going to come back to bite them in the butt. When you have two proven coaches who've had the success that both Mac McCurry & Tommy Tharp have had and they are on the same staff you can't let them both walk. I realize Marshall Co. fired Mac thanks in large part to some of you Tigers supporters that post on this site HOWEVER the fact that Tharp was never given a snowball's chance in H_LL is beyond belief. The way he built a program at Sycamore, from the ground up literally, and had so much success in a short period of time speaks volumes of his ability to run a football program. Tharp might not be the biggest PR GUY in the world but neither was Mac and that didn't seem to bother folks in Lewisburg when the team was winning (especially from 2000-2002). If you think WJ is a great PR GUY then guess again because while he does speak half of the stuff coming out of his mouth are lies.

Edited by catfish-hunter

Does anyone give the Tigers a chance to be .500 in 06?

Is there anyway possible Johnson can earn back the respect of next years team after they now know he cheated at Stratford? He now has to start from ground zero credibility wise.

So, did you get divorced or what Mrs. Johnson?

And remember, it didn't bother you then that he was cheating ... in football that is.

So, I am new to this board, and I want to know more about this Johnson guy. I met him, and he didn't seem so bad. He seems to believe in his program. I do not know his past, and I am not sure that even matters to me. Is Marshall County in trouble? It looks like they have a lot of athletes. What else can you tell me?

RamblinWreck some good advice to a young coach would be to look elsewhere as far away from WJ as possible! He has had 5 assistants quit in less than 1 year on the job at Marshall County. He has cost his old school $5,248 , 11 wins and a region championship, himself the Pearl job, at too many other things that cant be discussed on these boards! You say he has alot of athletes? Well they are slowly dropping out week by week! The fact that he cant play ineligble players next year will also cost him a few more too!

Edited by zorroschild

zorroschild, how do you know this early if a kid is ineligible for next year or not? Believe me, I am not taking sides, because I want to learn as much as I can before making any kind of decision. Are you a bitter fan from wherever he comes from, or are you stating facts that are well-known? From what I have gathered, Marhall Co. finished 5-5 last year after starting several underclassmen, and with all the turmoil you and others have mentioned in Johnson's first year. That tells me the talent is there, so all you need to do is coach em up right, and they can go far. What say you?

Ramblin Wreck you asked for peoples opinions of Johnson and I gave you mine? But you only seem to wanna hear what you wanna hear about him? Dont ask for the truth if you dont actually want it? You must not have read the Tennessean article on WJ in last Thursdays paper? That alone would be enough to get 99% of the coaches in the state fired but for some reason the powers that be keep holding out hope that he will change? But he just keeps digging the hole deeper!

To any and all MC fans. Don't respond to this thread, it is going nowhere and will do nothing for the present admin.

Leave this for those who are wannabe's.

WJ isn't the first coach to play inellgible players and he won't be the last. Gallatin supposedly did a few years ago and I don't remeber their coach getting tried by a jury of coacht members. He and his former school have paid the price for what they did and now life goes on. I will guarantee anyone who reads this that he won't play anyone at MC that isn't elgible. The lady that runs MCHS is a tough cookie and she knows everything that goes on in that school and he will never get that by her.

Guest catfish-hunter

To any and all MC fans. Don't respond to this thread, it is going nowhere and will do nothing for the present admin.

Leave this for those who are wannabe's.

WJ isn't the first coach to play inellgible players and he won't be the last. Gallatin supposedly did a few years ago and I don't remeber their coach getting tried by a jury of coacht members. He and his former school have paid the price for what they did and now life goes on. I will guarantee anyone who reads this that he won't play anyone at MC that isn't elgible. The lady that runs MCHS is a tough cookie and she knows everything that goes on in that school and he will never get that by her.

On the other hand I remember the former coach at Melrose (now coaching at Fayette Ware) cheating and getting thrown under the bus for his actions.