Oakland Football

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing the scrimmage i dont think the offense is gonna be good , u have burris and thats it, he is good but it comes down to him being the only playmaker and teams putting 8-9 in the box, so i dk about d, but for a plus the d looked good making solid tackles and good fundementals,hopfully the d will carry the pats, but o needs help.

seeing the scrimmage i dont think the offense is gonna be good , u have burris and thats it, he is good but it comes down to him being the only playmaker and teams putting 8-9 in the box, so i dk about d, but for a plus the d looked good making solid tackles and good fundementals,hopfully the d will carry the pats, but o needs help.

You saw the 3rd string QB starting b/c both Burnett and Mc Gowan are in baseball. You didn't see the starting FB b/c he was injured, Lil Mac, and our 2 yr starting center was injured as well. So...truthfully, our offense can't really be judged yet. Our last yr's starting LB's also were not playing as well as 2 way starter PJ polk who is in baseball.

Again...you weren't there for the whole scrimmage so I don't think you are an accurate judge of our program offensively. Precious made several great runs, as did Bass. We also had several nice passes. There are TWO Burris brothers who are running the ball......double threat there. We have some fresh legs for sure. Once everyone is back in place.......things will run more smoothly on O. I was pleased with what I saw on D even w/o everyone there.

You saw the 3rd string QB starting b/c both Burnett and Mc Gowan are in baseball. You didn't see the starting FB b/c he was injured, Lil Mac, and our 2 yr starting center was injured as well. So...truthfully, our offense can't really be judged yet. Our last yr's starting LB's also were not playing as well as 2 way starter PJ polk who is in baseball.

Again...you weren't there for the whole scrimmage so I don't think you are an accurate judge of our program offensively. Precious made several great runs, as did Bass. We also had several nice passes. There are TWO Burris brothers who are running the ball......double threat there. We have some fresh legs for sure. Once everyone is back in place.......things will run more smoothly on O. I was pleased with what I saw on D even w/o everyone there.

Not being a smart ellic in any way but why dint you apply for head coach i mean you have a ring and your obviously intellegent on football and could probly do a beter job than ferg sure hes a nice guy and all i just question his playcalling and knowledge of his team and he just kicks off too many good players for as far as ive known Oakland has kicked off some great athletes (Marcus Crawford,Daryll Smith,Sam Youree) thats three of the past four years they have kicked off some of the best players to ever come thorugh Oakland

Not being a smart ellic in any way but why dint you apply for head coach i mean you have a ring and your obviously intellegent on football and could probly do a beter job than ferg sure hes a nice guy and all i just question his playcalling and knowledge of his team and he just kicks off too many good players for as far as ive known Oakland has kicked off some great athletes (Marcus Crawford,Daryll Smith,Sam Youree) thats three of the past four years they have kicked off some of the best players to ever come thorugh Oakland

Crawford wasn't kicked off. He simply did not take his final exams, or go to school like the last month and therefore was academically ineligible to play. Daryl was on probation For breaking team rules and again was told he had to pass his classes to come back. He didn't show up for exams and failed 2 classes. As for Youree, he had been introuble already and had already been given a break. He ran 100 miles to remain on the team last spring. Sam is VERY lucky that he isn't at Daniel Mc kee right now. Ferg helped him to be able to stay at OHS, so he could play for soemone else. You have to show kids that rules are made for a reason. So as you can see...Ferg did all he could to help these kids.

Thanks for the thought of me coaching. First I have no teacher license to start with and no teaching degree. Second... I would never make a good coach and I know it...not b/c I don't have the knowledge or the heart....but b/c I am wayyyy too old school. Plus I am probably too positive where OHS is concerned and don't like to see any fault with OHS players.( as folk already know) BUT.....the thought is a nice one. Thanks!

Coach Ferg has a set of standards that he will not cross. He set down a list of rules and he must follow them or else he will look like a hypocrite. Coach Ferg loves aggressive football, and will call it like that. He calls it the best that he can. No one can call it perfectly.

Edited by Bacillum

Coach Ferg has a set of standards that he will not cross. He set down a list of rules and he must follow them or else he will look like a hypocrite. Coach Ferg loves aggressive football, and will call it like that. He calls it the best that he can. No one can call it perfectly.

Good post.......OHS is lucky that they have a coach that wants them to succeed in life and has the guts to prove it.