Dekalb

Just a BBall Fan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's freshmen and next could get this program back on track not to mention all the good players DC will have otherwise.

I feel the freshman this year have a desire to win I'm not sure what the middle school and west school have coming up. Did'nt make it to any of their games this year. Yeah, there is some other talent but they are going to have to step it up So any coaching changes this year? Is Jennings still planning on being the assistant?

I feel the freshman this year have a desire to win I'm not sure what the middle school and west school have coming up. Did'nt make it to any of their games this year. Yeah, there is some other talent but they are going to have to step it up So any coaching changes this year? Is Jennings still planning on being the assistant?

The eight graders coming up are a pretty talented bunch. Both the Middle School and the West school finished with .500 records but most believe that the Middle school is better becuse they play better competition. Nikki Bass was probably the most dominant player for the West school and Martha Webb for middle. Both are post players. Middle school had better guards tho and bring their point and 2-guard up along with Webb. Jennings is still going to help, or at least thats the way its looking so far...things could change though...who knows what could happen...His daughter is probably going to play(and start) her sixth grade year at the middle school. She played in every game for the west school this year as a fifth grader and is going to be VERY good. With this happening, theres a chance that he wont come back to help so he can have more time to watch her and help her develope...

Edited by dctigerfan07

The eight graders coming up are a pretty talented bunch. Both the Middle School and the West school finished with .500 records but most believe that the Middle school is better becuse they play better competition. Nikki Bass was probably the most dominant player for the West school and Martha Webb for middle. Both are post players. Middle school had better guards tho and bring their point and 2-guard up along with Webb. Jennings is still going to help, or at least thats the way its looking so far...things could change though...who knows what could happen...His daughter is probably going to play(and start) her sixth grade year at the middle school. She played in every game for the west school this year as a fifth grader and is going to be VERY good. With this happening, theres a chance that he wont come back to help so he can have more time to watch her and help her develope...

I know the middle school and west school have had very impressive teams the past several years but whats happening when they get to high school. You would think we would be seeing a little improvement. I do see they have talent. But knowing how to use it and getting it out of them is a big part of the problem.

I know the middle school and west school have had very impressive teams the past several years but whats happening when they get to high school. You would think we would be seeing a little improvement. I do see they have talent. But knowing how to use it and getting it out of them is a big part of the problem.

Well you know as well as i do that no matter who we play, we keep it close or even lead for the first 5-6 minutes. The main problem is conditioning and not having any sort of weight program. All the times they miss easy shots or cant drive the ball period is because the girls are exhausted. Ive talked to some former players and they seem to have it in their heads that lifting weights will throw off their shots....makes no sense to me. Agee runs the Middle team ragged(my little cousin plays) and im sure Hendrix does the same...but that wont helpl them in high school.

Well you know as well as i do that no matter who we play, we keep it close or even lead for the first 5-6 minutes. The main problem is conditioning and not having any sort of weight program. All the times they miss easy shots or cant drive the ball period is because the girls are exhausted. Ive talked to some former players and they seem to have it in their heads that lifting weights will throw off their shots....makes no sense to me. Agee runs the Middle team ragged(my little cousin plays) and im sure Hendrix does the same...but that wont helpl them in high school.

I agree they are exhausted and need better conditioning. So who's at fault. I think both coach and players. They have to be willing to put forth that extra effort. Coach has to encourage them at all times to work hard and keep in shape and players have to be willing to do it. I think lifting weights would make them even stronger and help their shooting. I also think there is enough talent you could have a second bunch go in to give the others a break or at least substitute a few at a time. They only practice and condition during the season and right before they go to camps in the summer. They need to continue conditioning year round to stay in shape. I know several play other sports during this time which helps them stay in shape some but all sports are different and takes different kinds of conditioning. But who knows what will happen I guess we will have to wait and see. lol..

I agree they are exhausted and need better conditioning. So who's at fault. I think both coach and players. They have to be willing to put forth that extra effort. Coach has to encourage them at all times to work hard and keep in shape and players have to be willing to do it. I think lifting weights would make them even stronger and help their shooting. I also think there is enough talent you could have a second bunch go in to give the others a break or at least substitute a few at a time. They only practice and condition during the season and right before they go to camps in the summer. They need to continue conditioning year round to stay in shape. I know several play other sports during this time which helps them stay in shape some but all sports are different and takes different kinds of conditioning. But who knows what will happen I guess we will have to wait and see. lol..

It is the job of both the coaches and players so she cannot be put completely to fault...she cant get out there and make their legs move for them, nor can she take shots for them...Lifting weights would work wonders(regardless of what people may believe). They will be strong enough to finish under the goal even against physical teams and their shooting will not slack at the end of the game because their endurance will hold out. Running regularky will help them keep up with the FAST teams like Upperman...lol

It is the job of both the coaches and players so she cannot be put completely to fault...she cant get out there and make their legs move for them, nor can she take shots for them...Lifting weights would work wonders(regardless of what people may believe). They will be strong enough to finish under the goal even against physical teams and their shooting will not slack at the end of the game because their endurance will hold out. Running regularky will help them keep up with the FAST teams like Upperman...lol

I agree the players have to do the work but unless they are made to do it most are just going to do what they have to to get by in practice. Nothing extra and most will not do it unless supervised.