Cumberland County

jetfan2

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classification is a good question. We may not know until the paperwork is done this summer.

The rumors I have heard say that both schools will be AA. If enrollment numbers are high enough maybe small AAA schools. Anyone else have better info?

Edited by jimbo44

Classification is a good question. We may not know until the paperwork is done this summer.

The rumors I have heard say that both schools will be AA. If inrollment numbers are high enough maybe small AAA schools. Anyone else have better info?

I think they will be AA. That might be the best option.

Both the girls and boys Cumberland Co Bball coaches will be coaching at Stone Memorial HS next season. :(

New coaches have been hired for the Jets. B)

Big shake-ups on the Plateau. :(

Good luck to all four coaches. I have always like Coach Buck.

Both of the Jets new coaches are from out of state.

There will be ripple down effects into the middleschools etal.

Have the feeder schools been decided?

Will there be strict zoning?

Yes there is up front hard zoning in effect even though the elementary schools are not hard zoned. The schools zoned for CCHS are South, Brown, Pleasant Hill and Martin. The schools zoned for Stone are Homestead, Stone, Pine View, North, and Crab Orchard. The shake up has taken place in many areas and when the first tip off happens the lines will be drawn. The first game between the new schools will be Dec. 5th, location to be decided. Should be fun to watch the rivalry grow!

Yes there is up front hard zoning in effect even though the elementary schools are not hard zoned. The schools zoned for CCHS are South, Brown, Pleasant Hill and Martin. The schools zoned for Stone are Homestead, Stone, Pine View, North, and Crab Orchard. The shake up has taken place in many areas and when the first tip off happens the lines will be drawn. The first game between the new schools will be Dec. 5th, location to be decided. Should be fun to watch the rivalry grow!

Will be a fierce rivalry

There has been alot of talk in our area about the new school, and I was under the impression that the new school was already set as AA. I guess we have heard wrong. I was also wondering how the students that are already enrolled at CCHS would be divided between CCHS and Stone. How will this effect the team at both? We were getting ready for some good games with Stone expecting them to come out of the gates swinging for state. Also, what district will they fall into if they are AA?

Edited by MCHSBballfan

The Stone Memorial Lady Panthers will be in District 4 AA with Scott Co., Anderson Co., Kingston, Loudon, CAK, and Knox Catholic. They will have an excellent team and they have some incoming freshmen that are good. As it stands now Cumberland Co. will stay in District 5 AAA. Stone will have around 900 students and CCHS will have 1200. Stone at CCHS Dec. 5th. At Stone Feb. 3rd.

The Stone Memorial Lady Panthers will be in District 4 AA with Scott Co., Anderson Co., Kingston, Loudon, CAK, and Knox Catholic. They will have an excellent team and they have some incoming freshmen that are good. As it stands now Cumberland Co. will stay in District 5 AAA. Stone will have around 900 students and CCHS will have 1200. Stone at CCHS Dec. 5th. At Stone Feb. 3rd.

I'm sill wondering how CCHS will be divided and what if the team desides that they want to move to Stone with their coach, or if they decide they want to stay and finish out their years at CCHS. This seems like it could be a hard move for the students and players to make if it is forced on them. It also seems that if the county is zoned and players are forced to move that it would be hard to get two teams formed in a county where there was only one before. Even so, the word around here (McMinn Co.) is that Stone is expected to do well. And CCHS did pretty good this year.