IMAC

longfellow

Last time I checked, this was a sports, not English, website. Let's cut the crap and talk baseball fellas. Strengths, weaknesses, predictions (realistic). Not periods, commas, and fragments.

And yes, I had two fragments and started this sentence with a conjunction. Forgive me.

Okay, lets talk baseball. Jeff. Co. and West face off today at Jeff. My prediction puts Jeff. over West. Spell it, read it, pronounce it as you wish, the Patriots beat West tonight!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, lets talk baseball. Jeff. Co. and West face off today at Jeff. My prediction puts Jeff. over West. Spell it, read it, pronounce it as you wish, the Patriots beat West tonight!

Im going to predict a Trojan victory. I think Jeff has too much confidence. A team cannot go into a game thinking they cannot get beat. Yes they should expect to win but i think this team has too much confidence after already losing to the trojans and then getting beat by an average Central team. 4-2 West

Im going to predict a Trojan victory. I think Jeff has too much confidence. A team cannot go into a game thinking they cannot get beat. Yes they should expect to win but i think this team has too much confidence after already losing to the trojans and then getting beat by an average Central team. 4-2 West

How illogical is that? Of course the Patriots know they can lose(hence their 2 losses.) But they expect to win. They head into games knowing that they can win every game if they make the plays they're capable of making and have the right focused mind-set. An essential element in sports called pride. "Confidence" surrounds this team because they have the willingness to work hard in getting the job done. "Arrogance" would be if they felt they just needed to show up to get the W. Can never have too much confidence.

How illogical is that? Of course the Patriots know they can lose(hence their 2 losses.) But they expect to win. They head into games knowing that they can win every game if they make the plays they're capable of making and have the right focused mind-set. An essential element in sports called pride. "Confidence" surrounds this team because they have the willingness to work hard in getting the job done. "Arrogance" would be if they felt they just needed to show up to get the W. Can never have too much confidence.

good post. slasher, you (and everyone else that refers to Jeff. fans as arrogant) have to recognize the difference between arrogance and confidence. Arrogance is what causes a team to overlook a team they should beat and end up losing, confidence is what causes a team to beat the teams they're not supposed to and pound the ones they should.

Well my prediction was wrong Jeff won 3-1 in a good ball game. Story is a bulldog on the mound. He is much better than last year. He probably wont lose until he faces one of the top knoxville teams (south doyle or bearden). Cant wait to see the double header between these teams.

Good game tonight. Two good pitchers but Story is just on another level compared to others in the IMAC. Was surprised at how well West swung it though. Some balls were hit solidly but not enough to do any damage. Good game despite the gale force winds.

I agree with slasher. Story doesn't lose until he faces the heavy swinging Knoxville teams.

Any other IMAC teams play today?

Where in the world has Greenedevilmom gone to? :thumb:

Well my prediction was wrong Jeff won 3-1 in a good ball game. Story is a bulldog on the mound. He is much better than last year. He probably wont lose until he faces one of the top knoxville teams (south doyle or bearden). Cant wait to see the double header between these teams.

A great baseball game tonight. Two of the premiere pitchers in the area faced off and strutted their stuff. A couple timely errors cost both teams in what should have been a 1-0 Jefferson County win, remniscent of two years ago in the battle at West. West really impressed me tonight. They showed that they have the tenacity to beat anybody on any given day. A classic match-up. Excited about next week when Jeff travels to East at the beginning of the week, only to travel cross town to take on West once again back to back the following day.

amazing game tonight, both teams played great. i was quite impressed with bridgewater, he held a solid hitting team to very few hits and even fewer runs. unfortunately for west, they had to face drew story who is having an outstanding year on the mound and didnt let up any tonight. He hit 90+ three times in the seventh inning to close out the game. it was a really good, exciting game. I enjoyed every minute of it and cant wait until we meet again next week.

BTW, i think greendevilmom either got the boot from coacht (hopefully) or saw her arguements for greeneville being the surprise team of the imac go down the drain and is too ashamed to be seen on here anymore. too bad.

Edited by mulletman

It was a good game tonite. Both teams made a couple of mistakes that hurt them. Jeff just made two fewer mistakes than West and it helped them to victory. Story pitched well didnt have to throw the curve too much. I think west had just 4 hits off of him two being bunts. I cant wait to watch both teams next tuesday in a double header. Only bad thing for jeff is that Story can't pitch both of them

It was a good game. My perspective on what we saw is this: West--Bridgewater pitched a great game but was beginning to fall off in velocity at the end. He will be next year's Drew Story. Good athletes but West's line-up falls off greatly after their number 5 hitter. They play solid baseball, well coached, and can play small ball. They will give any team a run for its money. Jeff--Story is the man. In the seventh inning, he was stronger than in the first inning (91 a couple times). With him on the mound, Jeff can compete with any team in the state. Jeff's infield play was sloppy and it almost cost them the game and probably will in the future. Missing Belcher hurt both offensively and defensively but he'll be back in the future. Jeff's line up can hit the ball from top to bottom, as demonstrated by the fact that their lead off hitter had the big hit that knocked in two runs (one earned, one unearned on West's CF error). Overall, they need to be tighter on defense and play more small ball.

Future West/Jeff games? If West's lower half of the line up can catch up with Jeff's #2 and #3 pitchers and Jeff doesn't cut down on infield errors, West may take both ends next week. That's a big "if" though. With Belcher back and Taylor and Joey throwing well, I think Jeff has to be favored in both games. They will certainly score more runs, the question is how many they will allow.

Story hit 91 four times in the seventh inning last night, according to the ETSU scout. Any more improvement and he may be getting bigger schools trying to sway him away from etsu.

Seals will have to dig deep in his bag of pitchers to get through the next week. The Patriots will play nine game in the next eight days.

Tuesday - DH at Cherokee

Wed - Kingsport Tournament

Thur- Kingsport

Fri - Kingsport

Sat - Kingsport

Mon - East

Tues - DH West

It will be interesting to see if Story pitches against East or one of the West games. Talking with coaches around the area, East is more improved than anyone thought, considering they lost Basile.

Jeff. Co. came out of cherokee with three wins tonight. two against cherokee and one against bert and ernie making the calls. the worst officiated game i've ever seen in my life, but i can't complain as we did come away with two more conference wins. jeff did win tonight, (one 7-2, the other 7-3) but the games weren't very pretty. a lot of errors and mistakes made the first game, that would for sure cost them had they been facing a better team. the second game, there weren't as many errors, but a few mental mistakes and a lack of offense that kept the game close until the seventh inning. not to mention the failure to understand the "infield fly rule" by the umpires. jeff will have to play better to make it through the kingsport tournament this week, especially with the pitching rotation, considering we have a stacked conference schedule next week.