North Middle Sub State

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a guess but at 13 teams can play Div 2 substates which dilutes the field. We only have 2 Div 1 teams in this age group in the West Sub State

This is correct. Once teams reach the 13U, they can decide to play in either Division I or Divison II Sub-States. Usually by this age, the teams that have done well the past couple of years have reloaded with the good players from the less-then-stellar teams and, therefore, the teams that are left feel they just can't compete. Also, many teams who were once competitive, such as the Sycamore Sparks and Tennessee Top Guns in this age group, disband and their players go elsewhere as well (like fullcourtpress22's daughters :) ).

In the West there are only 2 teams in the 13U Sub-State which are the Memphis Lady Elite and the Memphis Glory.

In the North-Middle, there are 5 teams: the Cookeville Crushers, Tennessee Team Pride, Tennessee Lady Tigers, CDF Lady Kats, and the SC Lady Dragons.

This is correct. Once teams reach the 13U, they can decide to play in either Division I or Divison II Sub-States. Usually by this age, the teams that have done well the past couple of years have reloaded with the good players from the less-then-stellar teams and, therefore, the teams that are left feel they just can't compete. Also, many teams who were once competitive, such as the Sycamore Sparks and Tennessee Top Guns in this age group, disband and their players go elsewhere as well (like fullcourtpress22's daughters :) ).

In the West there are only 2 teams in the 13U Sub-State which are the Memphis Lady Elite and the Memphis Glory.

In the North-Middle, there are 5 teams: the Cookeville Crushers, Tennessee Team Pride, Tennessee Lady Tigers, CDF Lady Kats, and the SC Lady Dragons.

Which TN Lady Tigers team are you referring to? I have heard that there are two out of the same organization.

Which TN Lady Tigers team are you referring to? I have heard that there are two out of the same organization.

I do not believe the Lady Tigers have 2 teams in their organization at this age group. I could be wrong, but I have not heard of this. I imagine this would be the same Lady Tigers team who went to 12U Nationals last year.

I do not believe the Lady Tigers have 2 teams in their organization at this age group. I could be wrong, but I have not heard of this. I imagine this would be the same Lady Tigers team who went to 12U Nationals last year.

I had heard they had a second 13u team...one coached by Wayne McGowan and one coached by Cleve Harris.

I had heard they had a second 13u team...one coached by Wayne McGowan and one coached by Cleve Harris.

I believe the team that went to Nationals last year was coached by Aaron Taylor. McGowan, to the best of my knowledge, was the asssistant coach, and head coach of last year's 13U.

I believe the team that went to Nationals last year was coached by Aaron Taylor. McGowan, to the best of my knowledge, was the asssistant coach, and head coach of last year's 13U.

I think you are correct. I get Aaron and Wayne mixed up at times. But I also have heard that Cleve Harris is fielding a 13u Lady Tiger team as well. But I don't know if it is playing Div. I or II.

So, will the two teams out of West TN. play in the North-Middle substate this year??

And, did the majority of the TopGun players go to SSS since their coach went there??

Edited by jazzypha24mom

So, will the two teams out of West TN. play in the North-Middle substate this year??

And, did the majority of the TopGun players go to SSS since their coach went there??

No, the Memphis Lady Eltie and the Memphis Glory will play a game to decide who gets the #1 and #2 seeds from the West. Both teams are already guaranteed a trip to state.

I believe only 3 of the former Top Gun players are playing with the Tennessee Wings/Flight. Coach Rogers sits on the bench but is not the head coach of the team.