Best soccer players in West Tennessee

green_lantern

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider Madison and USJ the top two teams in West Tennessee. So other than those two teams, who do you think are the best players in West Tennessee?

Fernando Costa from Dyersburg. Zac Berry and Forrest Miles also need to be included. Dyersburg tied USJ in the Jamboree and they didnt have Berry or the starting keeper.

Forrest Miles, Zac Berry, and Fernando Costa should be mentioned when talking about the best players in west tennessee and I would argue that Dyersburg should be talked about in the best teams in west tennessee.

yes they are good players but there is no doubt that when madison gets micheal sitcha into the squad and taylor mount in, that they will be the best team coming from the west... they have the right balance of players and a good coach, so expect them to go far, though madison lost to usj in a VERY small jamboree they did not have their forwards or their center back.... but between usj and dyersburg will be close, both very good teams and you cannot underestimate either... i am waiting to see this game some time this season

yes they are good players but there is no doubt that when madison gets micheal sitcha into the squad and taylor mount in, that they will be the best team coming from the west... they have the right balance of players and a good coach, so expect them to go far, though madison lost to usj in a VERY small jamboree they did not have their forwards or their center back.... but between usj and dyersburg will be close, both very good teams and you cannot underestimate either... i am waiting to see this game some time this season

i think you only lost to usj in that because usj had that RINGER keeper from Lambuth. ya'll had some great shots on goal that their regular goalie would never have been able to touch.

So , you are gonna wait for the tournaments for Sitcha ( who is a good mid) to get in to your team... Do you think he can just jump in and make an impact that late in the year? He cant play for one calendar year since his last game with JCM right? and Why is Mount not playing right now?

mount has a knee problem... yes micheal will jump in and make an impact, we have no left foots on the team and all but 3 people on the team have not played with micheal so he will fit right in since we have all played together.... and yes joe23 your right, that was messed up how usj had to use a college keeper, they could have asked for a keeper from us or even used one of their own players, but i guess its fair since our coach allowed it, so no complaints from me

Bradley Ward( Dyersburg) is the best winger in West Tennessee hands down. He has a lot of agility and quickness, he also has a great cross from either foot. He can play on the right and left as well as the middle

Man, there is a lot of talk about Dyersburg and their players. I would like to see them play. Looking at their record, I think they are 5-0, but I don't think they have been really challenged yet. How did they do last season?

Man, there is a lot of talk about Dyersburg and their players. I would like to see them play. Looking at their record, I think they are 5-0, but I don't think they have been really challenged yet. How did they do last season?

we did okay- 7 wins, 2 losses and 5 TIES(crazy). We won our district(AAA) but lost to Bartlett in Regionals. The guys had a lot of challenges and distractions last year: a new coach and alot of first years seniors that were allowed on the team and who caused alot of problems and some significant injuries. it seemed like we were always playing catch up in alot of games -so all the ties. This year the team is more focused and definately more of a true team. all 13 seniors and two other starters played TOGETHER on one travel team in the fall (except for two who were on different travel teams). This year we competed in the state league which gave the guys alot of experience and confidence and let them see what level of soccer they needed to play to be competitive. by competing in the state league they saw that they could truely play with any team in this state. Tonight will be a great learning experience regardless of the outcome. We are playing a team with a history of good teams. It wont effect us district-wise but we are early enough in the season to make any corrections or adjustments that need to be made. It is definately going to be an interesting game tonight.

Edited by JOE23