Who has the fastest Fastball in the State...

BaseBall's#1Fan

I agree totally, upper 80's isn't too common in high school. However, Clayton Gant reportedly hit 89 on more than one occasion against Northside last night. He pitched at 86 and over most of the night. UT was also REPORTEDLY very interested. Gant is also a sophomore. As far as control goes, I hear Gant goes squirrel hunting with only a sack of rocks.

Any chance USJ will be around Memphis any time soon. I'd love to see them play again. I would have guessed Gant in the mid 80's upper 80's at times. I guess I'm not as old as I thought!! Glad to hear about the attention he is getting. From the one game I saw it is well deserved! No doubt one of the best overall pitchers I've seen in a while. Good luck the rest of the way!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance USJ will be around Memphis any time soon. I'd love to see them play again. I would have guessed Gant in the mid 80's upper 80's at times. I guess I'm not as old as I thought!! Glad to hear about the attention he is getting. From the one game I saw it is well deserved! No doubt one of the best overall pitchers I've seen in a while. Good luck the rest of the way!!!

USJ is scheduled to be @ Bartlett this Friday. My schedule says 7:00 game time. I'm not sure who will pitch for USJ. It might be our very promising 8th Grader Preston Overby.

Come on out and join us. The Bruins bats are heating up a little bit (20+ hits tonight).

I agree totally, upper 80's isn't too common in high school. However, Clayton Gant reportedly hit 89 on more than one occasion against Northside last night. He pitched at 86 and over most of the night. UT was also REPORTEDLY very interested. Gant is also a sophomore. As far as control goes, I hear Gant goes squirrel hunting with only a sack of rocks.

True, but what makes his fastball even better is that nasty deuce that he throws. I hear that he can peg a squirrel on the back side of a tree with it. :rolleyes: