should teams run the score up just becauser they can?

I think your right with almost everything you said But if the Pride is having a hard time finding competition, have they tried Memphis. :thumb:

Again, the game that was pointed out was an AAU north middle sub-state game. You play them as they come.

In regards to finding competition, the 14U Team Pride played the 15U Adidas tourney in Raleigh NC, and is playing in a NIKE Tourney in Lousiana (?I think?). They will play the AAU State and should meet some of the fine teams from west Tennessee, as well as East Tennessee.

Hopefully, they will qualify for the AAU National and meet some more great teams there. I know that Tiffany would love to see the girls win a National Championship, but there is a lot of ground to cover first.

Edited by CPGB06

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents too late. If you are going to be upset with anyone with the loss, you need to be upset with the young ladies on the losing team. They are the only ones that are responsible with stopping the other team from scoring. NEVER get upset because some one is doing their job well. If the starters were in and they were being scouted by the next team then the coach was foolish to show more then he/she needed to. But the girls playing didn't practice hard and pay money and travel time so that they could play below their skill level. Was the second team in? You sure don't tell the girls that have worked hard and gotten less playing time that when they do get a chance to play that they should play anything less then full out. I'd take my daughter off the team of any coach that told her to play beneath her level. But lets not limit ourself to the winning teams game plan. Was the starters for the lossing team still in? I have seen a lot of coaches that are getting beat pull their starters in an effort to say "Let's just finish this." And when the winning team pulls their starters the lossing team shuffles their starters back in. Then it would look very poor on the winning coach to put their starters back in. These are the coaches (not the players) that deserve to be humiliated on the score board. I know it's not easy to take a good beating, but that is part of the game. You only get better by playing people that can beat you. But, if you want a kinder gentler atmosphere for you team, you may want to take them to the library. :thumb:

Edited by MCHSBballfan

clearly all extremes of opinion here!

If I may be permitted to have the last word however.

Win or lose the benefity of my child playing AAU is tremendous. Her team was not one of "superstars" and yet they all managed to improve themselves as ball players. Did I mention they had fun too!

To Team Pride I say "good luck" maybe next year we'll hold ya to 90! :)

And, finally... does anyone know if this is the largest winning margin at a substate ever? :angry: