Riverdale at Lebanon

davidlimbaugh

I, David Limbaugh, S.I.D. at Riverdale, have been deleting all of the threads concerning last night's game for one simple reason.

They are WRONG.

High school sports is about kids playing a game. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It isn't "He Said, She Said" or "They Did, So We Did".

Riverdale has such bad blood against Lebanon that last year, almost to the minute a good KID named Hutto was hurt in Florida, big jars went up with big signs at all the sites of RIVERDALE's 4th of July tournament asking for funds to help the Hutto family...

99% of the kids, family and friends get along great. I am not about to let the 1% who have a grudge or other reason to be venomous have a forum to spew those views - especially one where they may remain anonymous.. Easy to be brave when there are no repurcussions because you are hiding behind a screen name....

I use my real name by the way....

And I am in my 12th year supporting ALL Riverdale activities. And I am a Smyrna graduate, class of '78. Why Riverdale? Because they did an excellent job helping a single father raise three great kids, the youngest of whom graduated last year.

Riverdale, like probably about 99.99999% of the schools in this state, have some great people doing great things 'for the kids'.

I don't know why Riverdale (and some other programs across the state) seemed to be 'singled out'. But I can tell you first hand there isn't a finer bunch of kids, parents, coaches and teachers anywhere to be found. As my late papa would say 'They are good people....'

And the same holds true for Lebanon, Warren Co, White Co. Cookeville, Siegel, Blackman, Oakland, Eagleville and etc.....

and I am not about to let Coach T go the way of talk radio.... agreed Coach T ???

Edited by davidlimbaugh

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you! Were you at that game by chance? I didn't see you there. Nor did I see the other moderator Riverdaleman. It is over I agree! Let's move on! But I am curious to see if one of the umps that was calling that game will be calling the one friday for the riverdale vs white co. game. I hope all is forgiven w/ him as well. I guess we'll see at the game. I hope to see him there.

Good for you! Were you at that game by chance? I didn't see you there. Nor did I see the other moderator Riverdaleman. It is over I agree! Let's move on! But I am curious to see if one of the umps that was calling that game will be calling the one friday for the riverdale vs white co. game. I hope all is forgiven w/ him as well. I guess we'll see at the game. I hope to see him there.

You know me? cool ... i was unable to attend my older son doesnt play that much and my twins had a game so i watched them as far as the umpire goes coach powers is a class guy and he will ump our game again i am sure and we will move on it is over and done with

No, I was working the Vandy at MTSU Game...

But I was at the Lebanon at Riverdale game the night before.... Sit next to some Lebanon folks behind the screen and we exchanged banana pudding stories/recipes...

We both agreed that Cookeville has some pretty good Nanner Puddin'... and it is close call between Cookeville's and Riverdale's....

Are you coming over to Riverdale Friday night for the White Co at Riverdale game? Hope to see you there - come by and say hi! and introduce yourself since you seem to know me???