District 8 A/AA

smittygk00

Portland 2, White House 0

Portland controlled the game nearly the entire way, dominating possession and 50/50 balls. White House did not have a shot on goal, though they did have several good shots that went off frame. Portland had 8 shots on goal and the WH keeper made a couple solid saves. It was a good physical game (the officiating was obviously not used to calling games of the physical nature and was subpar at best, but that did not affect the outcome of the game at all).

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland 2, White House 0

Portland controlled the game nearly the entire way, dominating possession and 50/50 balls. White House did not have a shot on goal, though they did have several good shots that went off frame. Portland had 8 shots on goal and the WH keeper made a couple solid saves. It was a good physical game (the officiating was obviously not used to calling games of the physical nature and was subpar at best, but that did not affect the outcome of the game at all).

Friendship Defeated MJCA 5-2, friendship dominated the whole game and the mjca goals came when all of the seniors were out and the second string goalkeeper was in. We finally started scoring some goals and probably had about 40 shots on goal. friendship goes in as the second seed with the win at mjca

White House 5, Macon County 1

White House should have won by a lot more, they missed a lot of shots from right in front of the goal. White House started taking the starters out about 15 minutes into the second half. Macon County scored with about 1minute left after White House changed GKs.

Station camp 3, merrol hyde 0

so now that the regular seasons are through and every team has seen each other, who is playing for the district championship next week???

Portland should get through Friendship, and Station Camp should get by White House, setting up what I think will be one of the better district championships in A/AA. And that game could go either way. I will say Portland 2-1.

Portland should get through Friendship, and Station Camp should get by White House, setting up what I think will be one of the better district championships in A/AA. And that game could go either way. I will say Portland 2-1.

I think that could be disputed as being one of the best district championship games. You have CAK vs Catholic, Notre Dame vs CCS, Dyersburg vs. Westview(who split this year 2-1 both games in the season), just to mention a few. None the less, there should be some great games this next week. I wouldn't overlook Friendship, they beat Portland the first time around.

I think that could be disputed as being one of the best district championship games. You have CAK vs Catholic, Notre Dame vs CCS, Dyersburg vs. Westview(who split this year 2-1 both games in the season), just to mention a few. None the less, there should be some great games this next week. I wouldn't overlook Friendship, they beat Portland the first time around.

Dude, smitty said it should be one of the "better" district matchups, not "best" like you stated he did.... I'm hoping he's wrong with his prediction though. I'm wanting to see WH get another shot at Station Camp, knock them off, and then get another go with Portland. If we get that chance, it'd be nice to play them on a "good" field. Their's leaves a lot to be desired.......

Dude, smitty said it should be one of the "better" district matchups, not "best" like you stated he did.... I'm hoping he's wrong with his prediction though. I'm wanting to see WH get another shot at Station Camp, knock them off, and then get another go with Portland. If we get that chance, it'd be nice to play them on a "good" field. Their's leaves a lot to be desired.......

Good luck WH. A Portland-WH district final is always a beautiful thing. And Svebakken, believe me, Portland is not overlooking Friendship. But I think even FCS knows they got lucky to come away with a win that game. I'm sure they are much improved though and it should be a good game. But Portland uses the motivation to knock them off 3-0.