Would this forum do better on our college site?

CoachT

I have created a rugby board on our new college site for both high school and college and am considering doing the same thing for lacrosse. What high schools and colleges play lacrosse in TN? Also, would the board be better placed on the college site so it would be available year-round?

I have created a rugby board on our new college site for both high school and college and am considering doing the same thing for lacrosse. What high schools and colleges play lacrosse in TN? Also, would the board be better placed on the college site so it would be available year-round?

DI

Eastern

McCallie School

Montgomery Bell

Ravenwood

Webb Bell Buckle

Farragut Admirals

Western

Memphis University School

Houston

Christian Brothers HS

University School of Nashville

Father Ryan

DII

Central

Franklin

Brentwood L.C.

Ensworth High School

Centennial

Middle TN Outlaws

Eastern

W. Knoxville HS

Webb Knoxville

Cookeville L.C.

Hendersonville

Pope John Paul II

Western

Cordova L.C.

White Station HS

Collierville L.C.

(St. George's High School)

(St. Benedict's)

(Ridgeway High School)

Tenn Tech Univ. in Cookeville will have a club team next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Coach T,

Your right, I think the sports should be listed the same.. in the respect of being a club sport and the meteoric rise in popularity for both. Anyway, I don't think they'll get much action on the college boards... but whatever you think is best.

Here's a great article from today in the Tennessean about both:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...2/1166/COUNTY09

Tuesday, 05/16/06

Franklin lacrosse, Brentwood rugby win state championships

Rebels beat Bruins in final for cross-county bragging rights

By CHIP CIRILLO

Staff Writer

State championships never get old for Brentwood's rugby dynasty.

They're brand new for Franklin's lacrosse team.

Both Williamson County boys teams won championships this weekend as Brentwood captured its fifth consecutive title Sunday, one day after Franklin took its first Division II title.

Franklin scored five man-up goals to edge Brentwood 8-6 in an all-Williamson County lacrosse final at Montgomery Bell Academy.

"It was so much more satisfying to have won it against Brentwood as opposed to some other team that we didn't have a rivalry with," said Rebels midfielder Taylor Malone, the offensive MVP. "It's a pretty big rivalry. You could tell through the penalties and all the action going on that we wanted it."

Franklin (14-7) took a 2-0 lead early in the second quarter, and the Rebels never trailed as the Bruins (11-7) self-destructed with penalties.

"They didn't want to come inside on us — too afraid," said Rebels defender Trey Haley, the defensive MVP.

Adam Samale scored a man-up goal to give Franklin an 8-4 lead with 7:59 left, but Brentwood rallied with two goals during the final two minutes.

"It was too little, too late," Brentwood coach Chuck Catterton said. "We just didn't move the ball around like we should. We didn't possess the ball long enough to get anything done on offense."

Ravenwood (14-3) lost 15-7 to eventual champion MBA in the Division I semifinals Friday. Adam Little of the Raptors was named Coach of the Year.

In rugby, the Brentwood Brumbies (12-0) extended their in-state winning streak to 45 games with a 52-7 rout of Maryville (12-1) at Crockett Park.

"I think our forward pack dominated the play and maintained possession of the ball, so they gave our backs opportunities to score," Brumbies coach Mike Haverstick said.

Brentwood, which blanked Brighton 43-0 in Saturday's semifinals, has never finished lower than second in the state in the six-year history of the program.

Sixteenth-seeded Brentwood will play the No. 9 Dallas Harlequins in the USA Rugby Tier II national tournament Friday at Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H.

"We're going on to nationals. That's all we're really worried about right now," said Brumbies eightman Benji Goff, the offensive MVP. "We're trying to keep everybody healthy for the national tournament."

Maryville took a 7-0 lead early in the first half before Brentwood rallied with 52 unanswered points. Outside center Steven Reese led the way with three tries.

"We have 15 seniors starting, so mentally we're real secure and we know that if someone scores first that we don't get down on ourselves," Reese said. "And we know that we can come back."

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple more High School rugby articles in the local news... even mentions TSSAA and sanctioning... May be a vote for HS boards vs. College. Just a thought...

Knoxville News

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/high_school/ar...4715145,00.html

Daily News Journal, Murfreesboro, TN

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...=73244837371011

Since the TSSAA does not recognize rugby as a sport I won't run articles about rugby on the home page, although links could be posted here as you did. I could run college rugby articles, however, on the college site. Still, it is more a question of which message boards would attract a larger audience for discussions on rugby, the high school boards or the college boards.