Columbia Central defeats Spring Hill on Senior Night

ladylions1416

Way to go Lady Lions!! What an awesome game!! Way to put those bats on the ball!!!! Amy pitched a great game and had an outstanding defense behind her. congratulations to all the seniors!!! good luck in the district tourney!!

That was Amy's last game of the season to pitch and even play!

Edited by sOfTbAlLpLaYa247

It's been a rocky ride for the Lady Lions this year, but they have bounced back and are looking better finishing 3rd in the district.

Congrats to all of the seniors! It doesn't matter if you play college ball or not. The next phase in your life is just beginning.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES ON & OFF THE FIELDS! :P

She injured her shoulder again this season and is having surgery for the second time Monday morning. She planned on playing college ball but never really had any offers.

My daughter had the priveledge to play summer and fall ball with Amy. She is a very fine girl and a great softball player to boot. You don't know how much it pains me to hear that her playing days are over and having to go through the shoulder surgery process again. I believe everyone should take pause and realize what sacrifices her and her family made to participate at such a great level as a pitcher. Most people don't have any idea the hours, miles, dollars and stress it takes to get to where she was. Having to overcome a major shoulder surgery with that in the back of her mind while trying to get things going again is a larger hurdle than most people realize.

Hats off to a fierce competitor and family for seeing it through as far as they have. Circumstances may have taken Amy away from the mound but the game has given you memories and lessons to carry you through the rest your lives. I know this family will be better from it. Some of the best memories we have is with this family and our travels together.

Hope to see you soon,

Dan