Page 8, Eagleville 3 - WP Kory Hammock 12 K's

PageMan

Page............1..2..0...1..1..2...1.....8..12..3

Eagleville.....3..0..0...0..0..0...0.....3...4...2

WP - Kory Hammock - 7 inn. - 3 R - 2 ER - 4 hits - 12 K's - 5 walks - 1 hit batter

LP - G.J. Strunk - 7 inn - 8 R - 8 ER - 12 hits - 10 K's - 1 walk

Page scored 1 run in the top of the 1st as Kory Hammock led off with a single and his CR, Lucas Wilmore, stole 2nd, and scored on a single by Jordan Rion.

Eagleville scored all 3 of their runs in the bottom of the 1st as Mac Jones led off with walk, James Blackwell walked, and J. T. Rucker singled scoring Jones and Blackwell scored on the ensuring outfield error on the play. J. T. stole 3rd and scored on a ground ball hit by John David Proctor. Proctor was safe at 1st on an infield throwing error, but Rucker was going home on the ground ball and Proctor gets the RBI.

Page scored 2 runs in the top of the 2nd as Erik Smith singled, stole 2nd, advanced to 3rd on a FC6 by Matt Blankenship, and both Smith and Blankenship scored on a triple by Kory Hammock.

Page added another run in the top of the 4th as Erik Smith singled and eventually scored on a single by Cory Herald.

Page added another run in top of the 5th as Kyle Caldwell walked, advanced to 2nd on a wild pitch, advanced to 3rd on a single by Kevin Edmonds, and stole home on a double steal involving Edmonds.

Page added 2 more runs in the top of the 6th as Erik Smith led off with a double and scored on a home run by Cory Herald, his 4th of the season.

Page's final run came in the top of the 7th as Kyle Caldwell led off with a single and scored on a double by Kevin Edmonds.

I really liked the big hits tonight and Kory Hammock did a good job pitching.

Edited by PageMan

Thanks wingman 10. Page had 11 seniors at the start of the season, but 2 left as they felt they weren't getting enough playing time. It was a good win for Page tonight after suffering the loss at Marshall last night. The team's spirit was definitely lifted and we should be ready to play on Monday against Giles.

Congrats to Kory. He has good stuff when hes on i saw it last year. Did yall get in the playoffs? I really miss playing at Page. Please tell the team Gerald Nelson said hi and i hope yall win out for the rest of the season.

Edited by geraldn

I have corrected some pitching and fielding stats after doing the spreadsheet on this game. Page Pitcher Kory Hammock actually had 5 walks and 1 hitter batter instead of 4 walks. Also, Page had 3 errors instead of 2.

Page had a team batting average of .364 for the game and a slugging % of 576 thanks to Cory Herald's HR, Kory Hammock's Triple, and Doubles by both Kevin Edmonds and Erik Smith. Eagleville's BA was .148 and slg % was the same as they had no extra base hits.

Thanks, Gerald. I'll be sure to tell the team about you and welcome to the baseball forum. Page will be in the district play-in game on Thursday. Who they will be playing and where is still in question and they have one more district game against Giles Co. on Monday. I hope we can win out the rest of the season too and if we can hit like we did last night, we could go far.