Midstate Ballerz Elite Win 16 Substate

The Midstate Ballerz Elite 16U team won the Substate in Nashville hosted by the Thunder this past weekend beating the Tennessee Thunder in the championship game by 3 (I think it was 76-73). The Ballerz beat the Thunder earlier this season by 30. Marcus Jefferson and Scott Newsom were HUGE for the Thunder. Jefferson finished with 29 points and a lot of assists. Newsom had probably 16, I'm sure a double/double in points and rebounds. EVERYONE played well offensively for the Ballerz. They broke down on defense allowing Jefferson to have his way in the paint. Kyle Upton also played well for the Thunder. The Ballerz are the REALEST team at the 16 year old age group hands down. Josh Henley went to work on the Thunder with 16 points. Known for his dominance in the paint, he took his game to the perimeter going 3-for-3 from the 3-point line. Latavius Williams DOMINATED in the paint. Scotty Hopson scored nine, but DID YOU SEE HIS MONSTER DUNKS, as well as Williams. "Beam me up Scotty". Someone said the Memphis teams were going to come down here and dominate. Come on. Two Middle Tennessee teams took the top two spots, and if we weren't set up to beat up on each other the Nashville Stallions would have taken the 3rd. They had losses to the Ballerz and the Thunder that bumped them out of the equation. No disrespect to the Memphis players because there is a BOAT LOAD of talent there, but to the s%^* talkers on these posts about how Memphis is going to just kick Middle Tennessee butts don't talk that mess any more until you decide to send a powerhouse down our way. I hear two 15 year old teams won the Memphis substate. Oh yeah, by the way the Ballerz were missing dominant 6'3" forward Rashawn Walker, 6'-7" Justin Hearn, and Jeremy Blair. One last thing, Tyshawn Edmondson blazed through the tournament with two 26 point games, Erik Wisdom who normally plays 2-guard is transitioning well at the point with two 6-assist games, Tyler Cutter is the real deal, he has eyes in the back of his head, Tyrone Caldwell dropped 10 on the Thunder with big time moves to the basket over taller defenders, Kevin Giltner (Thunder how did you let him get away) has MAD NBA range, and 6'5"postman Kyle Binder drops the 3 ball like he's one of the guards. I FEEL YA BALLERZ. We give respect where respect is due, so everyone else quit hatin' on us.

Edited by AirForceOne

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh - I can't imagine a team so good. I'm sure that nothing short of championships at every tournament and an AAU national title is to be expected.

littlerock we do have a purpose everytime we step foot on the court regardless of what tournament we play in, but you know if we fall short of winning it all in any one tournament, we still feel as if we have accomplished a great deal. We make no guarantees about wins and losses because everyone has seen some great teams fall, but one promise we do make is that we are going to get these kids in front of the right people (college coaches and scouts) to assure them every opportunity to play on the next level. And you know when we get feedback from those people we are getting a true assessment of our kids chances to make it to the next level. We don't have to feed into all of the critics that sit in the stands and criticize our kids and throw personal jabs at them because we have a different focus in mind. We have put Josh Sain, Deveyon Hunter, and Juwan Long in front of the right people at the 17 year old age group. As well we have done the same at the 16's with Scotty Hopson, Latavius Williams, Tyrone Caldwell, Josh Henley, Tyshawn Edmondson, Rashawn Walker, Kevin Giltner, and Tyler Cutter. All have caught the eyes of mid-majors and up. Not every organization can say the same.

The Midstate Ballerz Select were missing several players this weekend, but took Team Memphis/Memphis Magic to overtime while having only 5 players. All 5 players had 4 fouls each and gave up some easy baskets as a result, eventually losing the ballgame. Good job Select!!!

you have to give thunder their credit too. Michael Macadoo unstoppable in the post until he got hurt he had to go to the hospital and that took the thunder out of their rhythm he was a big part of their defense there was at least a 10 min delay and all the players got stiff and had to get warmed back up. by the time the thunder got warmed up it was too late. but they had a chance to send the game to ot but bather and williams both missed last second 3s at the end.

My best goes out to Michael McAdoo. I LOVE this kid. I hope he is doing well. (He lost a tooth, and had another pushed up into his gum). His 3 blocked shots were huge (on 6'2" and under players though), but he played most of the game and had only 2 points on 2 free throws (0-for-6 from the field) and 3 rebounds. Marcus Jefferson and Scott Newman was definitely the dominate forces in the game against the Elite. Kyle Upton played VERY well. These two teams still managed 76 and 73 points each. OFFENSE was not an issue. The defense of the Elite on the wings was apprehensive. The Elite big men blocked the Thunder's big men's shots 5 or 6 times. Scotty Hopson played point guard the first half. He was moved out so we could get a good look at the match up between Latavius Williams and McAdoo. Hopson did not look to score during that stretch. How many dunks did Williams and Hopson get? I got tired of counting. Understand I'm not knocking anybody. EVERYONE played as hard as they could, on BOTH sides.

Eddie Wisdom I mean AirForceOne, you are the only adult that continuously put down other teams and players on this website. No one ever post any negative comments about you or your son Erik because there isn't anything to post, he rarely gets off of the bench. Oh yeah those 0.008 pts per game, 7.9 turnovers and 0.001 assist, with 2.6 seconds playing time make people hate on you! Can you take your son to any Memphis team even the two teams that participated this weekend and get playing time? Call them up, I bet they want take him. I must say you are a good politicer or :D kisser. You and your son need to stop team hopping you have been on 12 different teams in the last 4 years. You started this season on three different teams the Celtics, Southeast Elite and the Ballerz. You went from playing on three teams, to not playing aau, playing on the Ballerz b-team, and now to paying your way onto the Elite squad. Beware Ballerz there is a snitch in your organization. When are you going to let the dream die and take up another hobby like crocheting or sewing. That would be a great past time for a female like yourself. I guarantee you next year you will find another ride!! Your the Hater! Petty!

AFO, I guess you was on the crack pipe during the game. McAdoo had three block shots in the first two minutes of the game alone (SO STOP HATIN! B.). I can count at least ten block shots along with 10 plus rebounds (DON'T MAKE SH-T UP!) before he was undercut by that dirty player. I thought the referees should have thrown him out of the game for his cheap shot. This is the same boy who had several cheap shots in the blow game against the Black Knights yesterday morning. My cousin told me during that game #30 was going to get somebody hurt. For you to be a coach for the Ballerz and you to continue to allowed this boy to do this is f_ _ _d up! Always thought the Ballerz were better than this, but with you as coach (Hey, weren't you a coach with the Celtics last year? That's where I know #30 from!) I can see why the bulls_ _ _ continues!

I also heard the Stallions coach tell some people how Ballerz had five players from three different states is only the reason they won. If this is true, then I agree with him and say the Thunder was the best Tennessee team in the tournament. I heard people say that the only reason your son played a few minutes in the game is because two outstate kids (who were in attendance) were not allowed to play in the tournament because they had to many out state players or something like that. They said the only reason your son is on the team is because you team hop as player/coach combo type thing. I do agreed with them that he should probably be playin on the Ballerz second team which would be a better fit for him at this level. Is it true you and your son has played on three different team so far this year? AMAZING! What's up with that! But after reading your post I can tell it's probably you and not your child decision.

PS- How did you find out about the McAdoo health so soon? You posted at 10:30 am that's awful quick to know so much. Also, why would you posted it, that's his family business (unless they gave you the right to do so) which I doubt since he plays for the Thunder and not your team.