what team has had the best pitching over the past decade

rtbc29

I think this would have to not only be measured by wins but also by how far and well they've done after high school-college and pro-whos got the best and most??? Hardin County has had 3 guys pitching in the pros(or atleast pitched in the pros) in the past recent yrs-plus countless college pitchers-i could mention them but i really dont wanna spend the energy on all of them so I'll just name the pros-Chad Harville, Mark Turnbow, and Nick Thompson--what school can top it

Great question....rtbc.

That was a prolific Hardin County system then, all of those guys were actually within about 7 years of one another. Harville is still playing in the pro's with Tampa Bay currently, I think Turnbow had some arm problems and double A was his highest rank, and the Thompson kid was the hardest thrower of them all. Unfortunately he got the raw end of the Corey Patterson deal.

As far as Thompson, I hear there are many teams looking to pick him up, but waiting on his current contract to be completed as the Cubs agreed to continue to pay him, and save him for trade bait. That is very like the Cubs organization who has not a clue how to run a farm system, not to mention one of the worst managers in baseball....

There are several individuals that can be named playing big league ball from TN, such Ben Howard, or look what Derrick Turnbow is doing for Milwaukee. But as far as one high school team from 96 - 06, I dont know of one team that could match that. The closest I could think and it's recent would be Knoxville Farragut, with Delmonico's kid, and the other one who both had sub 1 era's. I'm not sure what else they've had in the last 10 years as far as major leaguers.

Great question....rtbc.

That was a prolific Hardin County system then, all of those guys were actually within about 7 years of one another. Harville is still playing in the pro's with Tampa Bay currently, I think Turnbow had some arm problems and double A was his highest rank, and the Thompson kid was the hardest thrower of them all. Unfortunately he got the raw end of the Corey Patterson deal.

As far as Thompson, I hear there are many teams looking to pick him up, but waiting on his current contract to be completed as the Cubs agreed to continue to pay him, and save him for trade bait. That is very like the Cubs organization who has not a clue how to run a farm system, not to mention one of the worst managers in baseball....

There are several individuals that can be named playing big league ball from TN, such Ben Howard, or look what Derrick Turnbow is doing for Milwaukee. But as far as one high school team from 96 - 06, I dont know of one team that could match that. The closest I could think and it's recent would be Knoxville Farragut, with Delmonico's kid, and the other one who both had sub 1 era's. I'm not sure what else they've had in the last 10 years as far as major leaguers.

I would agree 100% that those guys were and are great pitchers. As far as saying that Hardin County was a prolofic system I have to disagree. They never even won a district tournament How do you do that with those pitchers in a average district.

I would agree 100% that those guys were and are great pitchers. As far as saying that Hardin County was a prolofic system I have to disagree. They never even won a district tournament How do you do that with those pitchers in a average district.