Next Football coach for Perry County?

msufan

If Rick Rice is leaving Perry County, who will be taking his place? I read on a Waynesboro topic that Gil Webb has been interviewing for 6 weeks, but where is the job advertised at? There is nothing on TSSAA.

Will it be Bronson Bradley, or will they bring someone new in?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rick Rice is leaving Perry County, who will be taking his place? I read on a Waynesboro topic that Gil Webb has been interviewing for 6 weeks, but where is the job advertised at? There is nothing on TSSAA.

Will it be Bronson Bradley, or will they bring someone new in?

I heard that a coach from Fayette County was interested & interviewed, but his wife thought it was too rural. Not sure if it was Fayette Academy or the public school. Anyone heard anthing on this?

i actually feel bad for that school. they need the aldridge coaches back what do you think???

I didn't know the Aldridge coaching staff; however, I've heard good and bad. For the most part, good.

Maybe, things can get turned around, but everyone knows that PCHS is a Basketball school. Maybe now, with a new Superintendent, things will be different.

Who knows? I guess the job posting was the definite answer to whether or not Rice is leaving.

We all know PC is a basketball town that will NEVER change. But the players of PC knowing this with experience need to boost their morale some how or another in order to become a good football team. They need a coach and citizen support to gain that back not just people going to Friday night games just for something to do or critisize the team. Thats just my opinion. Does anyone remember a few years ago they were a decent football team I believe in the year 2001 or 2002. Yes they didn't have the best record but they put up a fight with teams. On top of that the team had alot of confidence and talent they were just in a horrible division. Playing teams like Lewis County, all the private schools like JCS USJ teams like that in their region how can a team make the playoffs playing those teams????

When the Aldridges was there they had the team disciplined completly!!!!! Nobody messed up or else they wouldnt be playing. PLayers had to have the grades to play and no it's alot softer on the players. I would definetly be interested in coaching for PC but I dont have a certification yet. In my recent years of playing and scouting studying teams in middle tenn PC had produced some of the biggest lineman yet and alot of them were quick and strong for their age.

Plainly simply PC needs a coach to take charge not give up like the other coaches have except Rice he had his reasons, and be disciplined on the players. Also he has to know what his doing. Good like PC I've still got hope in you guys.

If billy barns (I think thats how you spell his name) if he was certified could be the perfect coach of PC . For anyone that does not know him is one of the best players Lewis County ever had if not the best. No one in my mind knows football like that man.

Barry Laster knows his football too however he is probably not going to take the job. So now PC is now back to square one.

A different coach means a different scheme & different EVERYTHING.

To people of PC keep a coach happy and give him some time and he will be successful.Also I know how PC is on gossip, stop talking crap about players coaches and maybe someone will stay.

Example: Coach Barry Eddings coached I believe in 99 or 00 awsome guy and excellent coach!!! The crap that was started was after a good man got fired turned out to be b.s..... I know for a FACT.

Any ways

One PC can get a coach in their that sticks around maybe the team could go 7-3 or something

Coach Robinson I think would be a good prospect

True. Coach Laster has turned the job down again. He is happy where he is at. Cooch Robinson would still be there if it was not for his wife.

All PC needs is another Ccoch Calvin Aldridge one that would stay awhile. He knew football top to bottom but the best thing about him was his disipline. That's something they have not had in a couple years.

Edited by pigskinpete