CAK v. Knox Catholic---Round 2

Hoya

Hoya, what is going on? This is the son you never had! Sorry I was unable to attend the game, I am still in Wales. I tried to post with my old name, but I am still banned from posting after two years! Anyways, who does Catholic play next? I am trying to keep track of all this while I am here...I still won't be back until the end of June, but I get to go to some of the World Cup. Tell the Mrs. hello!

Wow, a cyber message from across the big pond. Long time no see! I hope you are having a blast, err... studying hard in Great Britain.

Catholic plays Carter Tuesday night in the Region 2 semis. CAK has Alcoa in the other semi. The winners play for the Region Championship on Thursday. Obviously, my hope is for Round 3 between CAK and your old team. I'm pretty sure both Region finalists advance to state sectionals versus Region 1, but I'm not positive.

Enjoy the World Cup. By the way, I've heard some interesting stories about your finances. I hope you can make it to July without selling blood. We miss you back here. Come and see us when you return.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me miss the classic games...ND freshmen year where Jordan scored 2 then beating McCallie somehow. ND sophomore year with the shootout...seems a little bit easier to get to state now!!!

The McCallie DII East Regional semifinal in 2001 remains near the very top of my high school coaching memories. McCallie was ranked in the top 5 in the nation and had the superior team in experience and talent, but you guys worked harder as a team in that game than in any I have ever been associated with. Since that match, which put Catholic back in the State Tournament for the first time in years, Catholic has been back to States every single year.

The easy explaination for that win is that we were lucky. But if you remember the game plan coach laid out on the bus, you guys actually executed it to perfection. We sprung the trap, got our goal and took the upset win. You got your first big-time shutout. And, oh yea, did I mention we were lucky? :ph34r:

Edited by hoya75

40 to 2 in shots. We weren't lucky. I don't know what you are talking about. I mean we only had the ball in our half 80% of the game. Who would have thought.

If the truth is told, 80% could be an understatement. But did we ever play defense that day in Chattanooga! And as your old Brazilian soccer coach, Luis, so aptly pointed out before every game, it only takes 1 goal to win.

Edited by hoya75

Beards, whats up man? I haven't talked to you or seen you in forever. There have been a ton of good shows in London, which is only 4 hours away, but I can't afford to do anything. I traveled around for five weeks and managed to make it back to Wales with only 50 dollars. Do you have an email I can reach you at? Would like to catch up with you!

I just remember getting shot on about every 5 seconds. Hoya, email me sometime, would also like to see what else is going on. dsherida@utk.edu