Bearden vs. Farragut in 4AAA district championship

Player4190

What you know about Farragut taking care of business and putting South Doyle out of the tourny?! Well it's definately going to be a great game tomorrow to see who the district champion is.

Farragut wins 4-2 over SD.. Rob Catipano threw a complete game 9 innings..

Edited by Player4190

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having Catty available for this game was big for Farragut.

It's going to be tougher to take 2 more from Bearden.

Either way the region berths are set.

There's a potential Catapano vs. Lockwood matchup down the road.

Edited by bizazz

Looks like E. Tennessee is getting break from Mother Nature. I don't think there's any rain scheduled for this afternoon. Of course it was supposed to rain a bunch yesterday and it barely sprinkled.

I'd agree that Farragut has a tough task to beat Bearden twice. They have some good young pitching talent, but they've already thrown a lot of innings the past couple of days.

Looks like E. Tennessee is getting break from Mother Nature. I don't think there's any rain scheduled for this afternoon. Of course it was supposed to rain a bunch yesterday and it barely sprinkled.

I'd agree that Farragut has a tough task to beat Bearden twice. They have some good young pitching talent, but they've already thrown a lot of innings the past couple of days.

Bizzazz- you missed a great ballgame last night! Both Catapano and Bell pitched great and it was a really good game to watch!

Being the old-timer that you are, you know that the loser's bracket is no picnic! However, there are still some arms to be used and it might be interesting to see how Bearden does against some of those unknown arms! You might see some of the future pitchers start to be exposed tonight. Should be fun to watch. Come on out and pull up a seat (weather permitting!)

Hozr I'm sorry I missed that one. I ended up at the FREE Tennessee game instead.

As you are aware I'm saddled with college tuition these days. I can only budget so many games where I have to pay to attend. :ph34r:

Since the Ads have made the Regional I'll probably wait and catch one of those games. For Farragut or Halls it would be better for those two not to square off in the opening round. That would mean one of those teams finished runner-up in their district. If that's the case however, and its Catapano vs. Lockwood, I'll make every effort to be there.

Karns has a good ballclub and pitching, too.

This should be a very competitive Regional.

Good luck to you guys in the 4AAA championship. :angry:

Hozr I'm sorry I missed that one. I ended up at the FREE Tennessee game instead.

As you are aware I'm saddled with college tuition these days. I can only budget so many games where I have to pay to attend. :angry:

Since the Ads have made the Regional I'll probably wait and catch one of those games. For Farragut or Halls it would be better for those two not to square off in the opening round. That would mean one of those teams finished runner-up in their district. If that's the case however, and its Catapano vs. Lockwood, I'll make every effort to be there.

Karns has a good ballclub and pitching, too.

This should be a very competitive Regional.

Good luck to you guys in the 4AAA championship. :ph34r:

If Farragut was to beat Bearden once and lose the second time would catapono have enough rest to pitch Mon. @ Halls?

If the weather cooperates, and the Good Lord's willin', we'll have today's FHS-BHS game on the radio. It can be heard in the west Knoxville area on WUCP LP FM106.1. It can also be heard via internet:

http://unioncpchurch.com/defaultcurrenteve...y=currentevents

and then click on the "connection" at the bottom of the page.

Don't give up -- the broadcast may start a little late -- but we'll be on. These day jobs just get in the way of baseball.....