Halls vs. Farragut

deviledhornet

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeviledHornet, you're coming across as a sore loser.

One of the negatives of discussion boards like this is that posters can write anything they want behind the shield of anonymity.

Nobody knows how successful Catapano will be in college, much less pro ball. But one thing is for certain, his high school record speaks for itself.

When it came time to get those last three outs yesterday, he took total control of the game.

I guess it's doubley embarrasing when you run your mouth and you can't back it up.

That's to take nothing away from Lockwood. He pitched an outstanding game. However the one thing pitchers cannot control is the defense behind him. When batters put the ball into play anything can happen.

I just want to put my two cents worth in. Catapano pitched a great game scattering seven hits. Lockwood in my opionion pitched a even better one allowing only two hits.

Play of the game: Farragut made a tremendous relay from the left fielder to third baseman to catcher to tag out the potential go ahead run for Halls. That was a huge factor in the downfall of the Devils last night. I am 100% behind Coach Polston sending the runner with the score tied at 0-0. In the runners defense he started to pick up the pace from second to third and may have slipped rounding third due to the weather conditions.

Also the right fielder for Farragut made a great catch on a sinking line drive that saved another Halls run. Even though we out hit them and should have plated 2 or 3 runs we didn't and thats mainly because of the great defense Farragut played.

One of the best games I have seen. I just want to say great year Seniors and you are a credit to the Halls community.