Region semifinal updates?

cliffrad17

no such thing as "luck"

every man makes his own "luck"

its when practice meets opportunity

Makes a good t-shirt, but no. Every team needs luck to win at some point. You can't tell me you have a factor in the ball hitting both posts and rolling off the line, or a player missing a penalty wide of the goal, the ball hitting a clump of grass, etc. At some point, even the greats need luck, whether to win a state title or the World Cup.

Edited by lcsoccer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes a good t-shirt, but no. Every team needs luck to win at some point. You can't tell me you have a factor in the ball hitting both posts and rolling off the line, or a player missing a penalty wide of the goal, the ball hitting a clump of grass, etc. At some point, even the greats need luck, whether to win a state title or the World Cup.

agreed entirely, lc. i'm glad that i read the rest of the thread before responding to that post, else i would likely have been quite redundant in my observations. there are simply too many factors outside of the control of anyone on the field that affect the outcomes of matches and even individual sequences of play for luck not to play at least some role, if not necessarily in determining the outcome, in every contest.

agreed entirely, lc. i'm glad that i read the rest of the thread before responding to that post, else i would likely have been quite redundant in my observations. there are simply too many factors outside of the control of anyone on the field that affect the outcomes of matches and even individual sequences of play for luck not to play at least some role, if not necessarily in determining the outcome, in every contest.

Agreed as well. When teams are on equal ground as far as talent is concerned, the team that gets the breaks will be the winners. Do you play goo?

You heard wrong, they put up a fight the first 10 minutes, had a couple of shots that missed and one that they should of made but the goalie came out one on one and deflected it, it look like Shelbyville was still going to finish it into the back of the net and the defender came flying in and knock it out about 2 ft from the goal line with his head, great hustle and as predicted, score and all, the defense was stellar and Shane Rollins was dominant again. Shelbyville did do much after the first 10 minutes.

I guess I would talk about how good riverdale is if my team got put out fof the tournament early to.

You tell 'em, lc! Without "luck", where would the Irish be? :huh: