16U State Tournament

TN FLIGHT won their pool 3-0 and will play TN WINGS Sun. 9AM at CHS.

TEAM PRIDE won their pool and will play LADY COLTS same time at Prescot Middle.

Anybody know the latest of who won today? Will they take their team to Nationals cause I've heard the latest trend is choosing other events instead.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tn Team Pride def. Tn Flight 68-60 in a close game.

The Lady Colts forfieted so the Tn Wings are third .

Word is; Tn Flight are not going to the Nationals but chose to play in NIKE events.

They were the only team to go undefeated in pool play.

The qualifying goes back to points and head to head pool play.

Tn Team Pride def. Tn Flight 68-60 in a close game.

The Lady Colts forfieted so the Tn Wings are third .

Word is; Tn Flight are not going to the Nationals but chose to play in NIKE events.

They were the only team to go undefeated in pool play.

The qualifying goes back to points and head to head pool play.

Is the Team Pride really that good? I saw where they lost by 13 or so to the Memphis Lady Elite during their first game. Did they just start off slow or what?

I thought they were missing some players. I was not there but that was my understanding. I could be wrong since this is second-hand information. I also believe the coach was sick or something and missed the whole tournament. Maybe someone could verify.

Yes they were missing two of thier players Ann Marie Lanning ,Jasmine White, and the head coach. Lanning hurt,White sick,coach sick.

Final Standings From 16U State Tournament

1. Tennessee Team Pride

2. Tennessee Flight*

3. Tennessee Wings*

4. Tennessee Lady Colts

5. Memphis Lady Elite*

6. Tennessee Elite Ladies

7. KAYA Lady Stingers

8. West Tennessee Lady Celtics

*Denotes teams who qualified for the 16U National Championships in Disney World from this State Tournament (if the Flight made it known that they would not be attending AAU Nationals before the State Tournament, then their bid was passed down to the Tennessee Elite Ladies).

Tennessee Team Pride, Tennessee Lady Colts, and West Tennessee Lady Celtics all previously qualified in various Super Regional Tournaments.

Congratulations to Tennessee Team Pride for being the 2006 16U State Champions and to all the teams who qualified for the National Tournament.

Final Standings From 16U State Tournament

1. Tennessee Team Pride

2. Tennessee Flight*

3. Tennessee Wings*

4. Tennessee Lady Colts

5. Memphis Lady Elite*

6. Tennessee Elite Ladies

7. KAYA Lady Stingers

8. West Tennessee Lady Celtics

*Denotes teams who qualified for the 16U National Championships in Disney World from this State Tournament (if the Flight made it known that they would not be attending AAU Nationals before the State Tournament, then their bid was passed down to the Tennessee Elite Ladies).

Tennessee Team Pride, Tennessee Lady Colts, and West Tennessee Lady Celtics all previously qualified in various Super Regional Tournaments.

Congratulations to Tennessee Team Pride for being the 2006 16U State Champions and to all the teams who qualified for the National Tournament.

The Tennessee Elite Ladies got the third bid by virtue of the Flight not going to AAU Nationals.......

Their schedule is posted on the Flight website.

Why would the Flight bother to play in the AAU State if they know they are not going to Nationals? Seems like AAU would want to avoid this in the future, It kept some team from being a state runner-up!

I also thought that the Flight left AAU for the Nike circuit because of the lack of competition. I heard both Nike teams(navy and silver) were very close in talent.

How could one of these super teams lose to just a regular AAU team? Did Team Pride get lucky or are they that good?

Edited by Set A Virp

I have seen both Flight teams play. Sunday was the first time to see the Flight Navy team play but after seeing them both the Flight Silver team is the better team. Team Pride shouldn't have beat Flight Navy from what I saw. Flight Navy led for the whole game until the last 3 minutes of the game. The 16 under state tournament was the weakest state tournament I have seen in a while. Flight Silver would have won this state by 30 plus every game. If you didn't know this Pride best player plays with the Flight Silver team. The game I watch them play she was the second player off the bench. She played well for them but for Pride she plays every minute so that right there should tell you something on how talented Flight Silver really is. I wish they would play this bunch somewhere in the state of Tennessee so everyone could see them. From looking at there schedule they play this weekend in Ohio. Here is Flight Silver roster

Tennessee Flight Silver

Coaches: Matt Insell, Phil Carr, and Melvin Wade

Roster:

Michelle Davis - 6'3 - Soph - Cleveland High School

Katie Brooks - 5'9 - Soph - Heritage High School

Cetera DeGraffenreid - 5'6 - Jr - Smoky Mountain High School, NC

Victoria Dunlap - 6'1 - Jr - Brentwood Academy High School

Cynthia Hart - 6'2 - Jr - Memphis Treadwell High School

Ashley Herring - 5'10 - Jr - Bartlett High School

Caitlin Holifield - 6'1 - Jr - Powell High School

Tierney Jenkins - 6'1 - Jr - Wilson Central High School

Ndidi Mudu - 6'3 - Jr - McGavock High School

Natalie Novosel - 6'0 - Soph - Lexington Catholic High School, Ky

Angela Puleo - 5'10 - Jr - William Blount High School

Kerri Simpson - 5'9 - Jr - Cleveland High School

Schedule:

Showtime Shootout - Shelbyville, TN – Record 2 - 0

Nike Boo Williams Invitational Tournament – Hampton, VA- Record 4 - 1

Nike Memorial Day Classic – Columbus, Ohio – May 27 – 29 , 2006

Showtime Elite Invitational Tournament – Shelbyville, TN – June 9 – 11, 2006

Nike Basketball on the Bayou – Birmingham, AL – July 10 – 13, 2006

Nike Battle in the Boro – Murfreesboro, TN – July 14 – 16, 2006

Nike River City Classic – Memphis, TN – July 22 – 26, 2006

Nike Nationals – Augusta, Georgia – July 27 – 31, 2006

Edited by wbballjunkie

k

Why would the Flight bother to play in the AAU State if they know they are not going to Nationals? Seems like AAU would want to avoid this in the future, It kept some team from being a state runner-up!

I also thought that the Flight left AAU for the Nike circuit because of the lack of competition. I heard both Nike teams(navy and silver) were very close in talent.

How could one of these super teams lose to just a regular AAU team? Did Team Pride get lucky or are they that good?

Congratulations to all teams at the 16 under state. The finals was a hard faught game that Flight Navy should have won due to out playing Team Pride for about 35 minutes of the 40 minute game. You have to give Pride credit for doing enough at the end to pull the victory. Flight Silver did not play in the AAU state tournament for several different reasons but rest assure if they were in Cookeville you would have known it. I was very impressed with the Tennessee Wings and the Tennessee Lady Colts. Both of these teams are very good teams that easily could have won the state tournament. The W TN Lady Celtics seem to be a really good team also but from talking with there coach they didn't play all that well. The Memphis Elite I thought was a talented group of girls that beat the Pride by 15 points. Amy McNear was probably the best player in the tournament.

In the end all I have to say is Pride 40 to Flight 5. All I hear every where I go is how Flight has the officials on there side and it makes me sick due to all our teams do is go out and play. In the end all the talk seem to get in the refs head to due to when you have a championship game and Pride shoots 40 FT's and Flight shoots 5. Cumberland could come close to beating the Lady Vols if this happen in there favor and it shows in the end due to even having this wide difference. As bad of a difference there was in fouls we still gave the game away due to having the game in hand for 35 minutes. Our coaches will correct this problem and get Flight Navy ready for this coming weekend in Ohio and the whole month of July. Good Luck to all teams in the coming month of July.

Set a Virp it is due to competition and there was none there.

Edited by showtime7