CCS and CSAS

patriot3

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the outcome. CSAS seems to be playing great ball now and coming on strong. However, I don't see the ND game as big as I would have earlier in the year. ND just fell apart the last few games it appears. BTW, CCS has a very good record and some good wins at the end of the year in their tournament. But McCallie killed them 4-0 the last regular game of the year and most of their schedule has not been very strong. And except for CPA and Knox Catholic their wins have been over weaker teams. Not to take anything away from them but I think this will be a dogfight and I predict CSAS in an upset 2-1. I am not sure about CSAS but CCS has also allowed 20 goals this year and that is quite alot. Anyway, Good luck to both teams in and I hope you have a clean, hard fought and injury free game.

Edited by sports89

I disagree with the outcome. CSAS seems to be playing great ball now and coming on strong. However, I don't see the ND game as big as I would have earlier in the year. ND just fell apart the last few games it appears. BTW, CCS has a very good record and some good wins at the end of the year in their tournament. But McCallie killed them 4-0 the last regular game of the year and most of their schedule has not been very strong. And except for CPA and Knox Catholic their wins have been over weaker teams. Not to take anything away from them but I think this will be a dogfight and I predict CSAS in an upset 2-1. I am not sure about CSAS but CCS has also allowed 20 goals this year and that is quite alot. Anyway, Good luck to both teams in and I hope you have a clean, hard fought and injury free game.

The McCallie game score is not how the game played. McCallie scored a PK in the last 5 min. of half to lead i-0 at half. They scored on decent cross where the keeper was out. Followed with another PK. Both PKs were ridiculus, but after that the CCS keeper recieved a yellow card and looked as if they were giving up. The ref seemed biased because the fouls were close to 20-5, there was some home cookin. Overall 1st half was even in scoring chances, but you are right, CCS did not play well at all. That does not mean that CSAS will win. If CCS scores at least 2 goals they will win. CSAS cannot score 3 goals on CCS' defense.

Has anyone looked ahead to who the winner would play if they get past the sub-state? I believe they'll have to play the loser of CAK and Knox Catholic.

Remember this is IF...

If CAK and Catholic advance through substate, the loser of the CAK Catholic would play the winner of CCS CSAS in the first round of state IF those teams advance.

I am not saying that they will, so please, Pigeon Forge and Elizabethton, I am not overlooking you, just playing with possibilities. I know both of you will give us great games!

Edited by BigGExpress

both of these teams are great teams...csas has shown in the past few games that they have gotten a lot better and are worthy of going onto state. I think that this game just like the last couple of region finals between the two will be a tough one. csas will come to play and ccs will definetly not over look that. CCS will be prepared because I think they know CSAS is always a good team. CSAS usually from what i have seen has always struggled at the begenning and then shown their true colors at the end of the season. I think that just like the last few region finals between these two teams will end in pks. I think that CCS will come out on top with that.

The McCallie game score is not how the game played. McCallie scored a PK in the last 5 min. of half to lead i-0 at half. They scored on decent cross where the keeper was out. Followed with another PK. Both PKs were ridiculus, but after that the CCS keeper recieved a yellow card and looked as if they were giving up. The ref seemed biased because the fouls were close to 20-5, there was some home cookin. Overall 1st half was even in scoring chances, but you are right, CCS did not play well at all. That does not mean that CSAS will win. If CCS scores at least 2 goals they will win. CSAS cannot score 3 goals on CCS' defense.

Thanks for updating on that game. Curious what did the CCS keeper do to get a yellow card? Also from responses I have gotten about the CCS Notre Dame game it sounded like CCS got the break on getting their PK? I was not there but from this board and a few I talked to they said that PK was ridiculus. Just curious about the CCS keeper getting a card and also your take on the ND PK.

Thanks for updating on that game. Curious what did the CCS keeper do to get a yellow card? Also from responses I have gotten about the CCS Notre Dame game it sounded like CCS got the break on getting their PK? I was not there but from this board and a few I talked to they said that PK was ridiculus. Just curious about the CCS keeper getting a card and also your take on the ND PK.

The keeper was arguing with the ref intensely, this was the second or third time he had done due to the calls. It was worth a call, the keeper lost all concentration after the first PK. The notre dame game was called fairly, but I could not see the foul on the PK. The foul was called by the linesman and after conversation with the head official, he called for the PK. It was called a push, away from the ball and I did not see it happen, I was watching the ball.

At the Notre Dame/CCS game the AR said the goalie bumped a player in the box. Strange to see an AR make that one call in what I would call a fairly physical game. Only hope CCS and CSAS get the best ref's Chattanooga has to offer they both derserve the best. It should be a great game in which both teams deserve to be there.. Good Luck