CCS and CSAS

patriot3

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, they definitely didn't get the best refs in Chattanooga. Score should have been 1-0. What's the old adage? Those who can, do - those who can't, teach. If CCS gets a real ref for any of their remaining games they'll be pretty frustrated when they can't play their style of play.

For the record, they definitely didn't get the best refs in Chattanooga. Score should have been 1-0. What's the old adage? Those who can, do - those who can't, teach. If CCS gets a real ref for any of their remaining games they'll be pretty frustrated when they can't play their style of play.

What is your opinion on the call? Not just... the CCS guy ran into the CSAS guy. What did you see happen?

what happened was the ccs player was taking it down the left side of the field and the csas player came to his side...the csas player should have been called for obstruction...they got tangled up and fell ccs player got to his feet to the ball to the corner and crossed it in for a goal. There was no foul if there was a foul it would have been on the csas player...i dont see why there is any complaining on that call...also i will agree that the old ref was not a very good ref...i will to agree that ccs is an agresive team. When they fouled they did get called for it. Both teams did play very agressive and got into it towards the end. Soccer is a physical sport and if you cant be physical or handle getting pushed around then dont play.

what happened was the ccs player was taking it down the left side of the field and the csas player came to his side...the csas player should have been called for obstruction...they got tangled up and fell ccs player got to his feet to the ball to the corner and crossed it in for a goal. There was no foul if there was a foul it would have been on the csas player

That's exactly what I thought. What do the people that didn't like the call think happened?

The CSAS player cut off the CCS player which legally establishes control of the ball (legal obstruction) - the CCS player then played through the player instead of playing the ball and that's a foul.

All it will take for CCS to fall apart is to have a ref who requires you to play the ball first and not the player. It may not happen since "let them play" seems to be the rule in high school soccer but it only takes one ref from another area to ruin your game plan. Soccer skill should always count for more than physical aggression. CCS still deserved to win but the second goal should never have happened.

In this biased observer's opinion, the CCS player lost the ball as he was falling and grabbed the defender and took him down with him.

Otherwise, I was very impressed with CCS. Their defenders consistently stepped through their man and took passes away from their man. On offense they played the ball on the ground, passed to a space, ran to spaces, and possesed the ball most of the night. They used their wide halfs very effectively and their midfielders controlled the middle of the field. Almost every set peice was designed to go to the head of Doudney and I thought they were predictable with it, however.

All in all, a well coached team who delivered a little soccer lesson to an inexperienced team.

Finally, CSAS's Robert Hudson was the most impressive player on the field in the midst of constant attacking from CCS. I hope to be able to watch him at least two more times before he goes to play at Maryville College.

CELEBRATING MY FOURTH ANNIVERSAY OF T'S LEGIONS OF SPORTSFANS. I'm a little more sportsmanlike for it thanks to reading posts by Hoya, Mtnman, G and others.

Edited by sportdude