5/19 Riverdale at Soddy

timbdp

I don't post replies very often. I did a quick reply earlier that didn't show up. But I was also at the game and wanted to respond to ERA.

Your first baseman pulled her foot. Clifford did not have to argue and argue. As soon as he asked for help from the home plate umpire, the umpire immediately called her out without hesitation.

The call at second base was close. I do know that the umpire was standing right there at the base and had alot better look at it than anyone in the stands could have so I will leave that there.

As far as scoring on "infield bouncy things", I believe a hit is a hit and if it advances a runner or scores a run then it is as good as a line drive.

Now to the switching runners at the top of the 10th. In the ninth inning no 21 was involved in a collision with Riverdale's second baseman and no 1 was entered to run for her. (Number 12 was never even in question.) When Soddy Daisy came up to bat, no 21 was reentered and took her place at 2nd base. (And actually no 1 is a lot faster runner than 21 is.)

About the umpires, they were from Knoxville. One Soddy Daisy fan overhead a conversation in the restroom where Riverdale fans were even saying that one of the umpire's had a daughter on the Soddy Daisy team. I think I know all the parents of the softball players from Soddy Daisy and I can most assuredly respond that their dads' were not umpiring.

Last night's game was probably the most exciting softball game I have witnessed in my life. I think that it is a shame that this game was played in a Sectional instead of the State because both of the teams deserve to be playing in the State.

Good Luck to the Lady Trojans at the State.

It is funny how you say she took her foot off of the bag when you were on the third base side. Coming from someone practically standing over the first base, she had an awesome stretch and NEVER took her foot off the bag. Even the SD fans standing there were talking about it. I can't say about the play at second but the one at first was an out by a long shot. This is the importance of three umpires.

Another thought is, just because you live in Knoxville NOW, does not mean you are from Knoxville............

Both teams played hard. Everyone knows that they both belong in State. I would like to congratulate the GIRLS from SD and tell them to not listen to all of this negative and focus on the task at hand. They are not to blame.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny how you say she took her foot off of the bag when you were on the third base side. Coming from someone practically standing over the first base, she had an awesome stretch and NEVER took her foot off the bag. Even the SD fans standing there were talking about it. I can't say about the play at second but the one at first was an out by a long shot. This is the importance of three umpires.

Another thought is, just because you live in Knoxville NOW, does not mean you are from Knoxville............

Both teams played hard. Everyone knows that they both belong in State. I would like to congratulate the GIRLS from SD and tell them to not listen to all of this negative and focus on the task at hand. They are not to blame.

Everybody knows what happened to Riverdale at Soddy. I came down for a good game and was appalled. What happened to them in the seventh inning would make any softball enthusiast ill.

Sounds like a bunch of Seattle Seahawks fans after they lost to Pittsburg in the Super Bowl. Good season Riverdale but you lost. Remeber, you controlled your own destiny. Why was it that you guys even had to go to Soddy in the first place? You lost the game before. You put yourselves in the position you were in. If you didnt want to go to Soddy...you should have won the region. You didnt.

You lost. Go Home. See you next year. A one run loss can't be blamed on the umpires. Good luck Soddy in the State.

Sounds like a bunch of Seattle Seahawks fans after they lost to Pittsburg in the Super Bowl. Good season Riverdale but you lost. Remeber, you controlled your own destiny. Why was it that you guys even had to go to Soddy in the first place? You lost the game before. You put yourselves in the position you were in. If you didnt want to go to Soddy...you should have won the region. You didnt.

You lost. Go Home. See you next year. A one run loss can't be blamed on the umpires. Good luck Soddy in the State.

You are right, Riverdale never should have ended up in Soddy. Siegel played awesome, what can I say?

About a run loss, isn't that the only one that can be blamed on the umpires???????

Seattle lost to the zebras...not the steelers

Thank You for making my point.

I guess the Zebras tripped all the Seattle players and held them down on the ground so they couldnt make the tackle when Fast Willie Parker set a Super Record rushing for a 75 yard touchdown. Oh yeah, What about Randle El to Hines Ward. Did the Zebras trip them there also? Need I say more?

Its always the refs fault. Are they the reason for rising gas prices as well? If it wasnt for the refs we wouldnt have problems controlling the border with Mexico too right?

Did the umpires from Soddy keep the Riverdale bats from scoring 10 runs instead of 3? Probably not. Why was it a one run game anyways? Why put yourselves in that position when you go on the road? You have to score runs to take the game out of the umpires hands but Riverdale didnt. Its always the umpires fault.

as i have stated in the past you willnever beat clifford kirk at his game when you play at soddy lake. the bad thing about it is you guys will get called poor sportsman sore losers why babies and everything else when the soddy faithful kicks in.i hate it for riverdale which im not a fan of had to come here to witness first hand what a shame it is to play there with cliffs umpires.you no the way outside the plate srike that your team couldnt get if you wanted or prayed for it.now i dont blame the soddy girls for it because they do have some out standing kids on that team and they produce on offence and are pretty dang good ballplayers..just as tired as the rest seeing the umpthing go on year after year.the good thing is next week cliff gets no help and the ball team is good enough to win the state but will have to do it with the girls and not cliffs umps which is still a scary thought.so go back home riverdale a you willlive to see another day and from what i saw last nite you guys have no reason to hang your head or make excuses(great team)you just got caught up in a situation that you should have never put yourslf in but im sure the girls from ooltewah this mornin are sleeping real good.

see what i mean riverdale fans. take the loss and move on.

see what i mean riverdale fans. take the loss and move on.

Quite honestly Brentwood would rather face Soddy than Riverdale any day, so I am sorry about what happened to you Riverdale and I have no doubt you were cheated , as I had already heard all about it, but the good news for us is that the state is played in murfreesboro, not chattanooga, so soddy is in trouble! :rolleyes:

( By the way we were up 3 to 2 in the tenth when Cat hit a line drive triple to score the runner that was placed on second that had been bunted to third by Alice. Jelly hit a bouncing single over thirds head to be picked up by the short who threw Cat out at home.

I have no dog in this race and wasn't there - but if she hit a line drive triple and was at third, how does she not WALK in to score on a "bouncing single over thirds head"?

How does she get thrown out by the shortstop on that play...? That would have given RD 4 runs and you might still be playing...

Just a question...

I have no dog in this race and wasn't there - but if she hit a line drive triple and was at third, how does she not WALK in to score on a "bouncing single over thirds head"?

How does she get thrown out by the shortstop on that play...? That would have given RD 4 runs and you might still be playing...

Just a question...

excellent question. The ball bounced over third and coach thinks it is gone to the outfield. I did to. He sends the runner . Short goes back and over and on an amazing jumping catch stops the ball. I really thought with the high bounce there was NO Way to get to that ball. Runner is already two third the way home and is caught by the throw.

excellent question. The ball bounced over third and coach thinks it is gone to the outfield. I did to. He sends the runner . Short goes back and over and on an amazing jumping catch stops the ball. I really thought with the high bounce there was NO Way to get to that ball. Runner is already two third the way home and is caught by the throw.

I am telling you it was an amazing game.

I am telling you it was an amazing game.

She must not have broke for home as soon as it cleared the 3rd baseman or she could have crawled in... there had to be some hesitation there... I may be wrong..

Sound like an amazing game...

Thanks for clarifying