Marion County High School

Bill#49

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with KimP. If the school system put as much thought into hiring every teacher and coach that comes to any of the county schools, we would have excellent teachers and coaches at all three high schools. Why is Dr. Taylor always so interested in the football coach at Marion County? Why not go after the other schools good coaches in all sports!

I agree with KimP. If the school system put as much thought into hiring every teacher and coach that comes to any of the county schools, we would have excellent teachers and coaches at all three high schools. Why is Dr. Taylor always so interested in the football coach at Marion County? Why not go after the other schools good coaches in all sports!

Do you cut good teachers to make room for a coach, when there is qualified teachers who are more than capable to coach? If we do, then what are we saying to the kids, sports are more important than an education?

Do you cut good teachers to make room for a coach, when there is qualified teachers who are more than capable to coach? If we do, then what are we saying to the kids, sports are more important than an education?

This is why women dont coach football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why women dont coach football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been around football all my life, my brothers played, my sons play, but I am not crazy enough to believe that football will pay their bills in the future. They will need a job and to get a good job today, you need an EDUCATION!

I have been around football all my life, my brothers played, my sons play, but I am not crazy enough to believe that football will pay their bills in the future. They will need a job and to get a good job today, you need an EDUCATION!

True most of the young men and women that play sports will never make a nickel from playing the sport they truly love. Every teacher that is in our school system knows this and they are preparing our children to the best of their abilities every single day in the classroom to be the leaders of tomorrow. If you doubt that spend one single day in MY classroom. Every kid that has ever been in my class will tell you we bust our tails and write our little fingers off.

You folks that get on here and say they need an education, which I know will be a lot more important to them in the future then a touchdown will ever be, need to understand that if they didn't have sports where would a lot of them be? Forgive me for my grammatical errors but I am upset and on a roll. I'll tell you were they would be DROPOUTS!!!!!! A lot of our kids would never graduate if they didn't have coaches staying on top of them making sure they were passing their classes. A lot of our kids would never go on to college if it wasn't for the coaches encouraging them and telling them they can be successful in college. A lot of kids would be in jail or the local cemetery if it wasn't for those coaches telling them "good job" or "kicking their rear-ins" when they needed it. Why do the coaches do this you ask? I'll tell you. They care for those kids!! I spend several more hours with those kids than I ever do with my own during the year. I love every one of those kids and I want to see them be successful. I feel like I am there daddy most of the time. Some of the kids I work with every day don't have a daddy. That is a big responsiblity but just like I want to see my babies grow up and be successful in life I too want to see every one of my kids at Marion County High School grow up and be successful in life. I believe that football teaches them to survive the adversity they will have to go through in life. So, in closing sports may not be the answer to all the problems in the world but it allows these kids to be loved by their coaches, admired by their friends, and find self-worth for doing a job well done while be a teenager for a few years. :ph34r:

New Head Coach of the Marion County Warriors - Jason Evans

Edited by Bill#49